Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the form we're in, we've got to beat Deportivo. With Valencia being unpredictable and Mandril playing like rubbish, this could be another opportunity for us to extend our 8 point lead and get one step closer to retaining our championship.

If the attitude is there, then I'm confident we'll win, but we can't afford to rest on our laurels and let Deportivo play, because they have players like Munitis and De Guzman that can trouble us on the counter. I hope we settle the game as early as possible, because we've got a massive game against Chelsea a few days later.

Rijkaard has insisted on using Motta for a more defensive approach, but will he change his mentality at home? I'm pretty confident we'll see a few minor rotations, eg. Iniesta for Motta, Gio for Sylvinho and so forth.

Lets just approach this game with professionalism and get the win. I'm not expecting any huge scorelines.

Visca el Barça! :proud:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Munitis will be the danger man. He's quick and pretty skilled and will give us tons of headaches on the wing. Depor will be missing Valeron, which will be very advantageous for us.

This is another warm up game for Chelsea, so I think you will see a little more effort from our guys. I have confidence that we will win.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
1-0 will suffice,Ronnie just get fit and score a screamer by late first half and get some 6-7 chances and finish a comfortable 2-0 or even a 2-1.Just finish it,A 10+lead wud simply do us good.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
catalonian said:
BTW R10 left the last game limping, i think it was his ankle again , any update about that ?
Nothing serious.
He should be fit for this game but i wouldn't be surprised if we didn't risk him and gave more rest to be fully recovered for the Chelsea game

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hes been advised not to play in Brazil's game in midweek, not too serious by the sounds of it. My heart was in my mouth when he pulled up, thought it was a hamstring injury. It seems to be related to his ankle that Geremi tried to take off the other night.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
i say just start the game with ronnie on the bench. we can beat depor at home without him....messi on the left, larsson central and eto'o on the right should do it i think..if things arent goin our way he can play the last half hour or so. i think wel win this 2-1, munitis is on very good form for them and we dont have the best record against superdepor do we?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
i think messi should be rested a bit in the next game

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
What's up, my fellow pimps? :D:D

Quite a weekend. :D Without Internet access for me though. :frustrat:

This game needs to be won, no doubt about it. Thanks to the weekend's results, we have another game's worth of leeway in terms of points, but playing at home means 3 points is a must. Depor will not be as easy as Betis, so regardless of the Chelsea match looming the players must take this game seriously.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Debuting a new avatar I see VBI. Brilliant, as always.

I think we should all sport a sammy avatar as a sign of support for the man.

Doesn't matter if you're black or white :howler: Please don't bring that song to my mind!! :jester:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Let's put Ronnie and Messi in the bench for the next game.. if we are playing badly then put them out around 60 mins. .

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
Debuting a new avatar I see VBI. Brilliant, as always.

I think we should all sport a sammy avatar as a sign of support for the man.

Doesn't matter if you're black or white :howler: Please don't bring that song to my mind!! :jester:
It's a gift. The gift....of too much free time. :D:D :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 292 Posts