Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Players called by Caparrós:

Iraizoz, Armando.
Koikili, Amorebieta, Iraola, Etxeita, Balenziaga.
Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, Susaeta, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Muñoz, Javi Martínez.
Toquero, Llorente, Etxeberria.

Suspended: -
Injured: Murillo, Aitor Ocio, David López, Del Olmo, Ion Vélez.
Out: Ustaritz, Iñigo.

The amazing physical effort in the cup has it's consecuences, lots of players with muscular problems, some couldn't make the list (Ocio, D.López, Ion), others aren't at 100% and then you have Javi Martínez who is a bull, he's the player who runs more kilometers in the world yet he's always ready to play. Surprising absence of Ustaritz.

This is the probable lineup:

Iraizoz

Iraola - Etxeita - Amorebieta - Koikili

Susaeta - Orbaiz - Javi Martínez - Yeste

Toquero - Llorente​

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have to get the 45 points as soon as possible so we can concentrate on the cup final.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Between now and May the team needs to forget about the cup final.

I know we have already qualified for the UEFA Cup, so there is no real incentive to finish high in the league, but the team must strive to finish as high as possible. We don't want to end up like last season where we could have finished in a decent top-half position but tailed off and finished mid-table.

·
Registered
421 Posts
With only 6 points down to relegation I really want to see 3-4 victories soon!!!! Har 3 games now though...

btw, how on earth can LFP have kick off at the same time as el derbi Madrileño!!?? Must be two of the top ten games all year... stupid.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested in seeing how Caparrós decides to play this game. After Wednesday's game I really doubt we can make another physicall exhibition so I guess we'll have to play a bit smart, good in defense and looking for holes in their defense and trying to kill them in set pieces... it will be interesting...although really difficult, but with the morale boost we have now who knows...it also depends if Javi Martínez can play at the same level as Wednesday, which seems difficult looking to the physicall effort, but right now he's our most important player with Llorente.

After watching Gaizka Toquero turning into Marco Van Basten last Wednesday anything is possible.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confirmed lineup:

Iraizoz

Iraola - Gurpegi - Amorebieta - Koikili

Javi Martínez - Orbaiz

Susaeta - Yeste - Gabilondo

Llorente​

Bench: Armando, Etxeita, Balenziaga, Muñoz, Garmendia, Etxeberria, Toquero.

Strange this sudden tactical change, I prefer Llorente to have more help upfront, let's see how it works! Aupa Athletic!!

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
btw, how on earth can LFP have kick off at the same time as el derbi Madrileño!!?? Must be two of the top ten games all year... stupid.
I'm guessing the Madrid derby was originally for Sunday but because of Liverpool - Real on Tuesday it had to be on the Saturday. Still doesn't explain why it had to be the same time as Barca - Athletic though :confused:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Messi with the second from the penalty spot. Not so sure it was penalty. Iniesta knocked ball ahead of him and then jumped over Gurpe's knee. He was definately looking for the award.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gurpegi seems very disappointed this evening, stays down by Sergio B.'s header and takes a foul on Messi in the penalty area...but what would happened if Yeste didn't missed the sitter.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Indeed, he looks a shadow of his past.

Thank God its the half-time, we were getting murdered there. Now with fresh brain, lets make the great come-back!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeste's miss was clearly the turning point. Barca would have been under great pressure to respond and we perhaps could have profited on the counter. Having seen a replay of the penalty decisionI'm still not wholly convinced by the award.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toquero IN
Javi Martinez OUT

Let's hope that our current midfield will take on the pressure...

...and just now Barsa had a post from Iniesta...

It's just like watching Barsa playing Orihuela, we must change the way we play immediately, in ten minutes they have created 3 great chances, 2-0 still because of Gorka and post

EDIT: 4, and Iraola...
EDIT: 6...Gorka and Orbaiz...

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Athletic are doing well to keep the ball out but you do fear if it carries on like this Barca will score eventually...

Llorente's come off for Garmendia. I think there goes our slim chance of getting anything from the game.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts