Sunday, February 29th.
Hour: 21:00 (Spain)
Riazor (A Coruña)
Deportivo vs Barcelona

Match thread

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
At the beginning of the 4 game strech aginst teams above FCB, we did a thread about what would be considered success. Most of us said 7 points, some even said 6. Barcelona has 9 of 9:) :cool: so you would think that tying in A Coruña would be a great result. Both teams come into the game on highs, FCB a lot more than Depor, but Depor just played one of their best games in a while. Hopefully they are still thinking about Juve and FCB is thinking about continuing the stellar play away from home:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
with Davids slotting in the midfeild..we will look more solid and we can snatch the 3 pts
but dont forget we have a terrible record in Riazor
id go for a 1-1 draw
Ronaldinho and Valeron scoring

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
The key here is to control Valeron. With Tristan way out of form there is really no other option for Depor other than Valeron to create some offense. However, Depor's defense has been pretty good lately and it'll be tough for Barça to score. To me this game has all the looks of a 0-0 draw.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Who expected this series of win? :eek:
I have some faith in this team that at least we can get a draw. If we win we can fight for third place or maby for second.

I just can't imagine what would happen if we win and how everybody will be high when our team comes back to play at CN! It would be great game to watch.

Anyway, thanks Barça for winning this matches. I'm not that nervous like past few.... eh, seasons...

Now, beat Depor! :fero:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I don't see why we can't win on Sunday. Our form has been brilliant and Deportivo have been playing really bad lately (excluding the match against Juventus). I fear that Deportivo might've turned a turning point in that match, but we should be confident, especially with Davids returning to the squad.

There will some interesting battles coming up, eg. Valerón vs. Cocu and Ronaldinho vs. Mauro Silva. As usual, Ronaldinho will be the key to our performance, so I'm expecting another big game from him. As mentioned before, the performance of Valerón will determine how well Deportivo can play. I wonder if Cocu will be able to handle him. Hopefully, the team will have their batteries re-charged after the midweek UEFA Cup game.

Head: Deportivo 1-0 Barcelona.
Heart: Deportivo 1-2 Barcelona.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
comon boys lets get another!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
a draw would be appreciated. if barca win, they may risk the third place even us in the end as they are in a very good form now. if depor win, they probably get past valen in the near future.

·
Registered
793 Posts
3rd place would be nice, but a draw will suffice. All we have to do is stay consistent and hold on to 4th place, because in the end I don't think there is a big difference if we finish 3rd or 4th. Either position takes yu to Champ's League qualifiers this summer. Forca Barca!!

·
Registered
69,728 Posts
Grba said:
I don't think there is a big difference if we finish 3rd or 4th. Either position takes yu to Champ's League qualifiers this summer. Forca Barca!!
Totally agree.

In the last 2-3 seasons, I remember that we haven´t played bad in Riazor, but we lost the games. In the game of this season, in Nou Camp, Barça didn´t play bad and the victory of Deportivo was a bit excessive. We need good luck and to show that we are a consistent team now.

Força Barça!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Juanele1973 said:
The key here is to control Valeron. With Tristan way out of form there is really no other option for Depor other than Valeron to create some offense. However, Depor's defense has been pretty good lately and it'll be tough for Barça to score. To me this game has all the looks of a 0-0 draw.
Well. That certanly is one of the keys but also controlling possesion would be important. Unlike Valencia, if you sit back against Deportivo with their neat passing sooner or later they will score. Deportivo, on the other hand, are not as compact in midfield and their defense is worse. Teams that take the game to them are the most successful ones in playing Deportivo. Although Barcelona have improved dramatically on the defensive end I still think that they defend too deep at times and I don't like that to happen particurlarly against Deportivo. Deportivo will probably push their defense up, and it would be interesting to bring Overmars in because of his pace.

·
Registered
69 Posts
FT 3-2
####
I GOT BLOOD PRESSURE TODAY
but i must pay tribute to Ronaldinho
and let us give rijkaard some praise
he deserves it
thank u rijkaard
i just hope motta stops getting sent off
xavi and saviola were great
the drop in the peformance after scoring 3 made depor come back
but we could have won more than 5
:pp

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
WHAT A MATCH, WHAT A DAMN MATCH.. WHAT A FIRST HALF FROM OUR TEAM.

Uh, I'm having heart attack so have to go now, i'm still shaking...

My, my, my....

What a game.....

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Dios mio what a game ! Depors defence which has been rock solid as of late suddenly collapsed for some reason. Barca went ahead 3-0 after 2 spectacular assists by Xavi (who has been spectacular lately) to Ronaldinho and Saviola respectively but after the useless Tristan came off for Pandiani Depor started playing some futbol and he scored 2 well taken headers. Motta was sent off for 2 fouls he did not even commit, he got the first yellow for an atrocious tackle by Cocu on Valeron and the second for a foul that Oleguer commited on Valeron again.

All in all, a spectacular game as you were excellent in the first half and Depor was the same at the second so congratulations for you and us :D

Miss of the season: Luque with the goal at his mercy but taps it over the bar, amazing :eek:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Even if Luque had scored it would have been called offside, even though he was clearly onside.

The ref and linesman were simply aweful

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gabri missed 2 one on ones
!!!!
xavi's ball which hit the post was quality
its clear
xavi is a great player who just needs an attacking role
with the format we are playing he is great
just decent fullbacks and we are back
even saviola was great tonite:star: