Xtratime Community banner

Round 26: Benfica - Naval

1K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  kleber 
#1 ·
Starts in a few minutes from here. One of our Liverpool-hero's Miccoli will not be available..
I'd suggest the following line-up out of Koeman's list:

GK: Quim

RB: Nelson
DC: Luisão
DC: Ricardo Rocha
LB: Leo

DM: Petit

RW: Robert
MC: Karagounis
LW: Simão

FC: Manduca
SC: Nuno Gomes

#2 ·
benfica!!!!!

we really can not not win this game!

we need to make a convincing exibition after last leagues round very pale game....

i would take ur line-up, including ricardo as CB ( its a good game for CB rotation), would definetly start nelson too, but would play manduca instead of robert, and therefore, starting manuel next to petit

#3 ·
well i did a bet on this match and 6 others this weekend... the 6 others won and this match is 0-0 with only a few mins left. plz dont let me down.

#4 ·
Indeed you manage to draw 0-0 with the other team in 10 for 35 minutes. Useless. Arsenal and even yourselves beat Liverpool, but Benfica cant beat to migthy Naval :)

#5 · (Edited)
im gutted

bad luck? yes no doubt, the chances we missed were unbelievable

ref who didnt call for a clear penalty? no doubt

but i will have to say once more...with koeman we'll go nowhere, he has no clue of what he is doing

he choses moretto over quim....i really dont understand how some fans actually say he is a good keeper...he is below average, and once more proved it...did u see how many times he let go the ball after holding it?!? and naval did NOTHING, no shots, nothing....moretto cant keep in his hands a ball he just grabbed....

why did alcides start again? why? with nelson in the game it was all so obvious that we play much better, much more dangerous on the wing...

why did he replace manuel fernandes? best man on the pitch till he was replaced

karagounis came in very well...why didnt he start?

why so long to take out robert? ...actually...what was robert doing in the starting line-up in the 1st place?

marcel...below average striker...is this the man that prevents mantorras from making it to the bench?

seriously, we were so unlucky tonight , yes...how anderson didnt make goal is something that can only be explained in the twilight zone...
same for marcels failure in the face of the goalie...although in his case...he is just a terrible player really, he was 30m in the game, and all of which utter crap.
the many good chances we missed or their goalie defended...yes terrible bad luck

yes the referee was a complete arse too....but all in all.....once more, its all too clear that our biggest enemy is our coach...he cant make a starting line-up with what he has, and he cant make subs

last game with liverpool was, like i said at the time, an exception

and now, the 1st place is gone, the 2nd place...well, we''ll need to be rooting for porto in the derby against sporting..and of coz we'll need sporting to lose some other game....and the cruel reality....we may be fighting with braga and boavista for 3rd...?

i dont care really, if its 8 games left....i hope vieira is taking care of koeman's replacement. I dont even want to think that he may be our coach for next season

#6 ·
Inacio....you are realy a good expert when it comes to comment the games... :thumbsup:

In the other day in some thread here in the Xt about Koeman,i decide to give him a chance because our european good performance and not bash him anymore till the end of season,but look what he did today.... :rolleyes: ,mistakes after mistakes......

Why Alcides as a starter and not Nelson....why did he let Dos Santos go,he was a good replacemect for Leo.. can Leo play all the games??!!!... :rolleyes: ,Karagounis should start,Robert why take so long to take him.....and Marcel is a joke.....
Btw,where was Manduca.....and Nuno Gomes was very poor today.... :thmbdown:

#7 ·
And Inacio i can not support Porto,for me the title as the second place is over.....so i prefer to see Sporting champion than Porto,no doubt

#8 ·
yes, nuno was poor today, i think that he should have been replaced.....but the thing is...for marcel? no ways

for mantorras ( with miccoli away) ? sure

but our line up was already messed up, so we always end up with only something like one sub left that can make a difference.....

i dunno where manduca was, but he should have played instead of robert

robert is too lazy, he needs to feel the bench, manduca always performs better....
i know that robert scored a couple key goals...but the rest of the game he is nowhere to be seen...how many goals could we score if we had a more active player outthere? probably more

its just too messed up....theres players playing becoz koeman likes them, and players who dont play becoz koeman doesnt like them, that simple.

And either it is becoz of things that have not to do with their quality or workrate.....or else koeman is just clueless and cant tell when someone performs and someone doesnt, that simple

either way, it just feels like a huge immense enormous waste really, very frustrating and tbh i feel less and less will to sit and watch our games, at least in the league

today, if we had had not such bad luck ( plus the bad call from the ref), we would have won, no doubt by several goals too...but it would not change the fact that game after game there is an error in casting + entrances & exits ...even field positioning at times, although that seems to be finally improving :rollani:

#9 ·
Well Manduca was in the bench.....but PatoRonald decided to put Marcel in the game.... :rolleyes: :doh: :frustrat:

Btw,Inacio,do you know what makes me more angry,is that knowing Vieira has we know....Koeman might be the coach of the next season.... :eekani: :frownani: :rolleyes:

Btw,this Rui Santos who is speaking now in Sic Noticias is a clown.... :rolleyes: :thmbdown:

#10 ·
not sure about that.....i know that he doesnt like to switch coach in the middle of the season...but if we lose the title...well, ok, by losing the title and even maybe the 2nd place....only way koeman would stay would be if we win CL i think;)

in which case ...if that was the price......even i would be willing to put up with him another season :dielaugh:

actually, if we were to win CL....next season we might do something a la sporting...we would have koe-man as the manager, but in fact the assistant manager would be calling the shots :howler:

#11 ·
Well If Koeman wins the Cl he can stay in Benfica for next season that is for sure..... :tongue:

But i am afraid that with this coach,we might not win nothing this year and not even make the top tree in the league....and if this happen this will be a tragedy for Benfica,not to be in the Cl next year.... :eekani: :frownani:

#12 ·
exactly, it worries me a lot...not making 2nd is terrible, becoz even if our coeficient has risen a lot this year, we could still be paired up with a very strong team in the CL qualifyings (not to mention all the stress it puts to the team's pre-season preparation)....but looking at how have been losing pts...yes, we can even end below 3rd lol

honestly, i still believe that in the 8 games we have left we can make it to the 2nd place...i still believe but.......its looking very gloomy

#13 ·
Well we still have to play in Bessa and with Braga at home....also with Nacional away........ :scared: :rolleyes:

Btw,next game is in Vila do conde......

And dont forget we have Guimaraes next Wednesday... :rolleyes:

#15 ·
Our manager can definately only motivate our teams in the big matches, which is not very usefull in the leage we're playing in, he should go to England, Italy or Spain, where you don't have those Navals and Rio Aves to deal with occasionly, but every team supports a certain hype.
After all another disappointment, closely following a delightment. This team is a miracle. :eek:

#16 ·

Sporting? Sporting no cuenta, solo Porto cuenta para ganar campeonato.

:howler: :howler: :howler:

p.s. Congrats for the Liverpool dismissal. It was a nice campaign. :stuckup:

#19 ·
How can you blame Moretto for a shutout (must he score the winning goal as well)? How can you blame Koeman, for not capitalizing on the bazillion goal scoring chances we had? How can you blame Koeman for being bamboozled by the lower than mediocre standards we have for referees and linesman, who can no longer tell what a penalty, an offsides or a clean goal is?

#20 ·
RedEagle, here's something you can blame Koeman for. For pulling Manuel Fernandes out of the game instead of Beto, or better yet, instead of Rocha or Anderson. We were playing with one extra man, and the best he could do was take our best midfielder to put Karagounis in.

This pissed me off! We needed to win this game. A draw is almost as bad as a tie, and we should have taken chances, specialy with an extra man on the pitch!

When was the last time Koeman managed to change the teams fate during the game? Either things go well from the begining, or it can only get worse. :(

#21 ·
Aguia said:
The players and the referee are at fault not so much Koeman. Id pick Koeman over Crapattoni anyday.
Are you sure about that,do you realy prefer PatoRonald to Trapalhadas????!!!! :googly: :)

#23 ·
What a great news,tk Belenenses.... :thumbsup: :tongue:

Btw,today i want to check "o dia segiunte",lets see what Fernando Seara will say today..... :rolleyes:

#24 ·
kleber said:
Are you sure about that,do you realy prefer PatoRonald to Trapalhadas????!!!! :googly: :)
Yes. Remind me about our form in Europe with mr Crapattoni. Unless beating Dinamo Zagreb and getting assraped against an average Stuttgart side is on par with eliminating European champions Liverpool?

Like redeagle already said, you cant blame him because the players didnt convert the chances they created or the referee's who desire the teams above to win the league missing obvious penalty calls.

#25 ·
Aguia said:
Yes. Remind me about our form in Europe with mr Crapattoni. Unless beating Dinamo Zagreb and getting assraped against an average Stuttgart side is on par with eliminating European champions Liverpool?

Like redeagle already said, you cant blame him because the players didnt convert the chances they created or the referee's who desire the teams above to win the league missing obvious penalty calls.
But you are forgetting a thing....look at Trapattoni players and Koeman players,do you realy believe that Trapalhadas had better players???!!!! :googly:

#26 · (Edited)
Trap had to work with the same players all year long...plus he had to have the likes of joao pereira, fyssas, bruno aguiar, karadas ,playing most games..he looked at the bench and he had paulo almeida or carlitos ;)

he had nuno gomes ( injured for a while) and karadas as strikers, he had no miccoli (gets injured every so often yeah, but still able to help in many games), no chance for a new striker ( marcel is utter crap...but hey, we bought him fresh new during the winter break), played the recovered mantorras who actually saved our asses a couple times and now seems like he is not good enough for koeman....trap made the best possible use out of the players he had...and koeman , who has so many more quality options, cant build a line-up, cant make a sub, cant see whos the best man for which postion, and most of all.......8 matches from the end of the season....he is still experimenting and trying to find out our "game style" / fio de jogo...whatever u wanna call it

i got very upset when we lost to cska...and mostly becoz i realised we lost on purpose...but i have to give it to him, if it wasnt for that...no way our players would have been able to play those last 10 games like they did and bring the title home;)

it just wouldnt have been physically possible, we had no bench whatsoever....the team streched as far as it was possible , and trap has a lot of merit in that, and in the team spirit that was built into the team :thmbup:

plus, not only did he not "invent" , nor tried to "burn" players, he was able to learn from his mistakes half way into the season..all of which are things we cant really tell about koeman;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.