·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date: 27/2/05
Kick-off time: 21:00h
Mestalla

Match thread

Like we say in Spain, "a entrenador nuevo, victoria segura" (new coach, sure victory). I really wish that's true, Betis is the 3rd qualified right now, so they're direct rivals for the CL places.

AMUNT VALÈNCIA!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Assunçao free kick... and goal! :googly:

Man, a free kick for Betis 25 mt far from the goal is like a penalty. How many goals did he scored in the last 2 months? 9? 10? Unbelievable... Beckham is a noone compared with Assunçao.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
1-1 HT
Assuncao scored a free-kick and hit the bar in another one,he's amazing when it comes to free-kicks. :cool:
Valencia is playing really well and everyone knows his role on the pitch,they improved a lot comparing to other games.
BTW Aurelio's dribbles and cross for Baraja were class :thumbsup:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Fulltime, 2-1 victory :)

Clear improvement but way are still very far from the 'old' Valencia. I hope Ranieri realizes why Aimar has to play, not only is he the most creative player, he's probably the guy who runs the most aswell.

Great to see Ayala back too.

Nice move by Fabio to setup the first goal and great team move for the second goal! :cool:

AMUNT!!

·
40,147 Posts
MoMo said:
Fulltime, 2-1 victory :)

Clear improvement but way are still very far from the 'old' Valencia. I hope Ranieri realizes why Aimar has to play, not only is he the most creative player, he's probably the guy who runs the most aswell.

Great to see Ayala back too.

Nice move by Fabio to setup the first goal and great team move for the second goal! :cool:

AMUNT!!
Still far from the old Valencia? Man, you were great today. IMO, it was the "old" Valencia. Aimar, Mista, F. Aurelio and Baraja were great.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Valencia put a smile back on my face after a long, long while. We looked like a team that can make something happen for the first time in many, many games. Aurielo missed a PK but he made up for that dribble the ended up a header by Baraja. The second goal was fantastic teamwork. Aimar showed why we should have him in the team. Beautiful freekick by Betis. I always think Assuncao is as good or maybe better than Becks at set piece. What he lacks is publicity. Anyhoo, are we back? I think we are or at least on the way. Let see how we fare with RM next week but we were good tonight. It could have been 4-1 if it weren't for the post...or 5-1, I forgot the PK. Good introduction game for Antonio Lopez. :thmbup:

Hey, who's that fat guy at the end of the game that Caneira was hugging. I've seen it from last season that all the players, new and old, seem to have a great affection for him.

·
40,147 Posts
bebop said:
Hey, who's that fat guy at the end of the game that Caneira was hugging. I've seen it from last season that all the players, new and old, seem to have a great affection for him.
In Spain, we call it "utillero". It's the man that takes care of the material: shirts, pants, socks, boots, balls,...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i wished i could watch this game, but anyways, i'm glad that "we"
are back!!! i hope this continues on in the league :proud:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We played very well, specially in the second half. It was the best Valencia of the season, all we needed was coherence, and Antonio López is one of these coaches that 'just' plays with his best men in their right positions and doesn't try weird experiments like Ranieri did.

I really enjoyed the second half, the match could have ended 3-1 or 4-1 perfectly. If only we had played like this all the season... :boxing:

BTW, the penalty kick was non-existant but... why the hell Fabio Aurelio? When I heard he was going to take it, I knew he'd fail. We have better men for the PKs.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That was the best Valencia played this season. Except maybe for Albelda, everyone played great. I especially enjoyed seeing Aimar in his "natural" role: free to do and go where he wants (and he did...). It's a crime not to play him that way.
One concern I have is our defense. It gave me some concerns. I never felt the result was safe.
One final note: The players ran like hell, fought for every single ball, and seemed very motivated. Why the *$%#$ didn't they do that before?!?!?! Is it they really didn't want to play for Ranieri? I'm a bit puzzled...

Ziad

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ziad said:
One final note: The players ran like hell, fought for every single ball, and seemed very motivated. Why the *$%#$ didn't they do that before?!?!?! Is it they really didn't want to play for Ranieri? I'm a bit puzzled...
Yes, I thought the same... what Ranieri did is one thing, but the players have to give the 100% always, it's their job. I don't like this sudden change of mentality when a coach is sacked, but it's something that happens often in football.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts