Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry but... the world didn't stop, you know? Zaragoza, yes... again. :D

The main players are back, so we should give a better opposition. I fear that we can pay the effort and the tension of Stamford Bridge, but at the same time, the result of the CL rocketed our confidence and self-esteem after a couple of bad weeks.

Victor's Zaragoza has always been a problem, but I hope that we learned the lesson with them too. We know about them. We must take care of their counter attacks, the speedness of Ewerthon, the efficiency of Milito and the talent of Oscar and, especially, Cani.

Their defense is weak, so we can hurt them. As in London, the first rule is not to risk the ball in the midfield. Then if we provide balls to our strikers, the goal will come. They just need to realize that they're back to the hard routine of La Liga and we would make impact, since I'm sure that Madrid and Valencia are thinking that we can lose point here.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I know you thought Motta had a poor game but I thought he won a few good balls and was crucial to maintaining the crunch on Chelski. Ok his passing was a little off but he more than made up for it with his ability to put himself about. I'd like to see him come off the bench if fit. Don't know if Messi is up for this game having played ninety against a team set out to kick him. I think Henke deserves a go, he's been superb and has always changed things whenever he's come on.

Our defence is rock solid, especially with Sylvinho in place of Gio. :thumbsup:

If we bother showing up, this game is ours.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Very important game. We'll need to focus 100% and not feel to relaxed after the Chelskigame. Just play as we did against Chelski and we should be allright.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Hard is the return to earth especially after such a unforgettable game.
Rijkaard definetely showed that he learned from his past mistakes and i expect him this time to outplay Zaragoza on their home ground just like last year.
We cannot afford to to lose points and we have to show our authority. A slip up would considerably the rivals' morale so a victory is a must.

Hopefully we'll see the same line-up wich faced Chelsea with some slight changes( Sylvinho instead of Gio and Iniesta instead of Motta)

VISCA BARCA

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Carles said:
Hard is the return to earth especially after such a unforgettable game.
Rijkaard definetely showed that he learned from his past mistakes and i expect him this time to outplay Zaragoza on their home ground just like last year.
We cannot afford to to lose points and we have to show our authority. A slip up would considerably the rivals' morale so a victory is a must.

Hopefully we'll see the same line-up wich faced Chelsea with some slight changes( Sylvinho instead of Gio and Iniesta instead of Motta)

VISCA BARCA
Why Iniesta instead of Motta? I thought Motta did pretty well, he did his job, except for that goal. But that was just bad luck. You can't judge him on that. His passing may have been a bit sloppy, but he now has 2 weeks to work on that again. Iniesta came on when all of Chelsea was tired.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Barçawinner said:
Why Iniesta instead of Motta? I thought Motta did pretty well, he did his job, except for that goal. But that was just bad luck. You can't judge him on that. His passing may have been a bit sloppy, but he now has 2 weeks to work on that again. Iniesta came on when all of Chelsea was tired.
I agree. Apart from the left back spot (Sylvinho for Gio), everything should stay the same. Motta's defensive ability is needed in games like this. Iniesta has shown that he needs to show more balls when tracking back. We can't afford to experiment in a game like this.

Zaragoza are no mugs and we have to take care of their counter attacks, just like we did against Chelsea. And more worryingly, they actually have some footballers in their team :eek: Edmílson will have to take care of Cani and Puyol and Márquez will be kept busy by Ewerthon and Diego Milito.

The most important thing is that the attitude has returned since the Valencia game and we're winning while playing well.

It's not going to be easy, but we NEED to win this game. I'm pretty confident that Mandril and Valencia will collect 3 points this weekend, and we can't afford to lose concentration on the number 1 priority - and that's La Liga.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Barçawinner said:
It has nothing to do with Motta's performance because i personnaly thought he played rather well unlike some other members here.
I wouldn't mind seeing either him or Iniesta facing Zaragoza. Inieta would add more quality to midfield but i won't complain if Motta starts.
As long as Van Bommel stay far from the starting XI i'm happy.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I think Motta suits better on tough physical away games like this and Iniesta more on home games where intricate passing is needed to split open defences.

·
Registered
658 Posts
we have to keep the exact lineup and tactics for zaragoza and we will beat them, no doubts.

can't beleive there's a complaint about motta.he's hardly played a game in two season and he came back yesterday after being out injured for a couple of weeks and put in a great shift, yet some people are still not happy with his performance yesterday.

if anybody was dross last night it was deco, he was absolute pish.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
We should start with Motta. Then when we, hopefully, have closed the game, we should throw on Iniesta so we can keep possesion.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I have a feeling that barcelona will get killed in this game:dazed:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
barça said:
I have a feeling that barcelona will get killed in this game:dazed:
Killed is a bit exagerated.
It's gonna be tough no doubt about it but we are no way going to be killed.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Were in heaven right now after beating Chelsea but Rijkaard knows how to put the players with 2 feets on the ground .. It will be hard to win here

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Carles said:
Killed is a bit exagerated.
It's gonna be tough no doubt about it but we are no way going to be killed.
True on the exageration, I just feel that Barcelona will be emotionally drained from the Chelsea and the internationals will have their luggage packed and Zaragoza will come and fast and furios.

Rijkaard will have to be at its best trying to instill high concentration onto the players.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
barça said:
True on the exageration, I just feel that Barcelona will be emotionally drained from the Chelsea and the internationals will have their luggage packed and Zaragoza will come and fast and furios.

Rijkaard will have to be at its best trying to instill high concentration onto the players.
Agreed.
I'm confident the players won't be high in the sky after the Chelsea game and they will want to continue the last run of good results so i expect a good game from the lads.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
This match should be about us playing patiently, not pushing too many numbers forward, holding on to the ball and trying to catch them on the counterattack. Trust me, the guys are tired, but they're still irked about going out in the copa.

By the way. How happy are you guys that we lost to them in the Copa after seeing yesterday's result. Really can't imagine having played 2 more matches and than having to play Chelsea. Especially those matches being against Madrid. Would have been a bad thing fo sho!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
CorazonMerengue said:
I expect that Rijkaard will rest key players. Wouldn't want an injury in the home game to Chelski.
Highly unlikely.
Considering that Madrid and Valencia will probably grab the 3 points in their respective games vs Mallorca and Getafe we cannot afford to lose/draw in this game so i expect a full strength starting XI.
Maybe there'll be some rotations but we'll still field have the key players on the pitch.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
i really think we have to win this game...for confidence and just to keep that gap between us and madrid/valencia. zaragoza are a decent side though and this really wont be an easy game for us....i think we should start with the team that played the last match against chelski IMO. and watch out for ewerthon, i think hes a great player

1 - 20 of 523 Posts