Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No rest for Milan. All the games are must win.

Juventus are at Brescia on Saturday; Baggio should be back, along with the eleven flu-hit players. Lazio will be away to Bologna. The big Sunday night game is Roma-Inter. Maybe Zaccheroni's week-long retreat will help, although I personally think his retirement would be better. Not a fan, as you can see. :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I wouldn't mourn if we lost this game because the players and coach are thinking of the UCL game, that is assuming we progress..

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Yes, every game is a must win. :stress:
But it's better being five points ahead that five points down isn't it?

We'll trash Samp and we'll trash Sparta. :devil:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
van said:
Yes, every game is a must win. :stress:
But it's better being five points ahead that five points down isn't it?

We'll trash Samp and we'll trash Sparta. :devil:
Van, should they be 2 1-0 would that sadden you;)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
itll be a tough game, samp has done well this season and are even fighting for a uefa cup spot. but weve been pretty consistent and we are playing at home.

any injury news?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nesta set to return Wednesday 3 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Nesta could return to the Milan starting line-up against Sampdoria on Sunday after recovering from injury.

The Italian international picked up a muscle strain in the 3-2 win against Inter which ruled him out of the Sparta Prague and Lazio ties.

The Milan squad were given a day off on Tuesday but Nesta trained alone at Milanello without any problems.

The central defender completed a light running session, worked in the gym before also having a physiotherapy session.

He may resume full training with the rest of the squad today which suggests he will be available for the weekend.

If he doesn’t return at the San Siro against Doria, then he should definitely appear in the Champions’ League against Sparta.

The European Cup holders will need to beat their Czech opponents after the 0-0 first leg away draw last week.

channel4

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I don't know, even if Sampdoria have improved during the season I am not worried. we seem to have their number after the last clear win and putting them out in the copa.

Kaka and Nesta is back which is very good indeed.

·
Registered
45,619 Posts
Probable lineup: Antonioli - Sacchetti, M.Conte, Falcone, Bettarini -
Diana, Volpi, Palombo (or Donati or Pedone), Doni - Bazzani (or Flachi), Cipriani.

Bazzani struggles with flu, while Flachi is unfit so in the end Cipriani should play with one of them. Sacchetti replaces Zenoni, who has not been at his best in the last matches. Palombo (a pure defensive midfielder) is the more probable choice for the midfield. Volpi has the usual problems with groin but should play as usual.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ancelotti ready for crunch week Sunday 7 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next eight days will decide Milan¡¯s season as they face Sampdoria, Sparta Prague and Juventus.

¡°This is a crucial stage of the campaign,¡± admits Carlo Ancelotti, ¡°but we cannot afford to be distracted by what is to come. The best approach is to play each game as if it were a Cup Final.¡±

The opener is a home tie with high-flying Sampdoria ¨C a side that has scored in its last 13 Serie A games.

¡°If Fabio Bazzani does drop out with tonsillitis then it would be a big bonus for us,¡± he added, ¡°but I hear he has now recovered. A good start to this week is imperative and it will take all our concentration to beat Sampdoria.¡±

The Rossoneri have so far struggled to make an impact in the first half of their matches, scoring 31 of their total 44 goals in the second period.

¡°To begin with our opponents tend to close up all available spaces,¡± explained the ex-Juventus boss. ¡°As time goes on their energy levels dip and my players can find room to manoeuvre.¡±

Alessandro Nesta is expected to make his comeback after a thigh strain, but question marks hang over Pippo Inzaghi.

¡°He is different from Jon Dahl Tomasson, as the Dane performs well with movements off the ball. But when it comes to playing in the penalty area, there really is nobody better than Inzaghi,¡± assured Ancelotti.

channel4

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
That was an excellent goal by Pirlo. A long range shot
As I type, Sampdoria has equalized through Doni
1-1 now
I feel Milan should have had another goal or two - as Inzaghi and Tomasson missed great chances.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Our strikers need to bag at least some of the chances they get. I'm expecting much more efficiency from them so we can approach Sparta and Juve with a positive attitude.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Pippoooooooo!!! Great cross there by Pancaro.
Pirlo's was an absolute screamer too.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts