Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 matches to go. Barça receives Mallorca, one of the worst teams of La Liga. We can't fail as we did against Atlético. Winning at home is one of the keys to win the title.

Mallorca is the typical team of Héctor Cúper, they'll come to defend with everyone to try to catch a counter attack. So it would be good to score as soon as possible. We should not have many problems, but at this point of the tournament, every team is a danger since the ones that fight to avoid the relegation are playing their last chances.

Mallorca's main danger is their striker Luis García (ex-Madrid and ex-Murcia player). This guy has scored 9 goals out of the 23 that Mallorca has in La Liga.

Our match is on Sunday at 7 PM, while Madrid faces Athletic on Saturday at 8 PM. So we'll play our match knowing Real Madrid's result. The next 3 weeks are going to be important. We can not lose any point against Mallorca (H), Numancia (A) and Espanyol (H). Theorically Real Madrid has difficult matches against Athletic (H), Deportivo (A) and Betis (H), but they're showing to be reliable at home. So we have to care about ourselves. Let's win the next 3 matches and then we'll see what Madrid is able to do.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Real Madrid can't win La Liga playing like they do! They will lose points sooner or later.

3 points here is absolutely crucial. Eto'o likes to play against his former team mates, whether it's Real Madrid or Mallorca. I expect him to have a good match. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
we should take the 3 points and don't take the shit from the defending teams, we controlled the ball so good in Zaragoza and its easy to do so against Mallorca.
real madrid cann't keep winning every game as they could lose any coming game, we have easy game now, we should take all the point, so we don't face nothing in the coming strong game, they will slep now or then, we should be there to take advatige of thier slepover.

I think in this game we should play with Maxi + Eto'o upfront, cause we can use the hight of Maxi and his abillity in the air, so we can take advantige of that to score games, with such defending teams.

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
We must definatley take the three points from this game and im certain we will, i agree that Real cant keep playing like they are and not drop points, our cusion at the top shud have been restored yesterday if it wasnt for cassilas, im hopeful and optimistic that well will take 9 points from our next games if we focus, dont become lathagic and keep up a level of intesity that shows the making of champions, also think real madrid will drop points in there next games

FORCA BARCA!!!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
It will take something special from Mallorca to get anything out of this game.

I can't see anything else but a home win although in football you never know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Barça and Madrid play both on Saturday

On www.marca.com, I read that both Barça and Madrid play on Saturday 20.00, so neither Barça nor Madrid can have a psychological advantage. Can someone translate or summarize the whole article?

El Barcelona-Mallorca se disputará el sábado a las 20:00 horas
El partido correspondiente a la vigésima cuarta jornada de la Liga que enfrentará en el Camp Nou al Barcelona y al Mallorca se disputará finalmente el sábado día 19 de febrero a las 20.00 horas, y no el domingo 20 como había sido anunciado en un principio.

Según informa la página web del Mallorca, el Barcelona solicitó jugar ese día y a esa hora debido a que la semana siguiente debe afrontar el partido de la Liga de Campeones ante el Chelsea.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nr. 6 said:
On www.marca.com, I read that both Barça and Madrid play on Saturday 20.00, so neither Barça nor Madrid can have a psychological advantage. Can someone translate or summarize the whole article?

El Barcelona-Mallorca se disputará el sábado a las 20:00 horas
El partido correspondiente a la vigésima cuarta jornada de la Liga que enfrentará en el Camp Nou al Barcelona y al Mallorca se disputará finalmente el sábado día 19 de febrero a las 20.00 horas, y no el domingo 20 como había sido anunciado en un principio.

Según informa la página web del Mallorca, el Barcelona solicitó jugar ese día y a esa hora debido a que la semana siguiente debe afrontar el partido de la Liga de Campeones ante el Chelsea.
The article says:

"Barcelona-Mallorca will be played on Saturday at 8 PM and not on Sunday at 7 PM as it was announced.

As long as Mallorca's official site informs, Barcelona asked to play the match that day at that hour, because they have to play the match against Chelsea next week".

Strange... Maybe the play on Saturday, but it would be strange that they play at the same time. Digital+ always want them to play in a different time because they get the 90% of the PPV incomes from these 2 clubs. Maybe one of them will have to advance the match to 6 PM. I don't know...

I'm going to merge this thread with the match one. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm going to merge this thread with the match one. :)[/QUOTE]

Okay, sorry for opening a new topic, but I'm new here on the forum and I must still become a bit familiar with it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It will be very difficult for Mallorca to salvage anything out of this match. We had a good game against them in the Camp Nou last year (Luis Garcia scored a screamer), but we then conceded two late, late goals out of nowhere. I am confident our defense is beyond such antics this year. Perhaps its time for an Eto'o hatrick, too. I would love to see us wreck havoc in Mallorca and assert who's boss.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It will be tough game because we all know Mallorca's tactics - Defend and counter-attack. But just because they are a poor team in the standing we must not underestimate them and play as if it is a strong team.

As long as luck isn't against us, we will win for sure.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
everyone is already thinking about the big clash against Chelsea and forget that we have a crucial game coming. :boxing:

it's clear that Mallorca will come to Camp Nou to defend and play counter-attack(like all the weak teams :skull: ) and it would help us alot to open the score in the early minutes of the game.

the 3pts are a must we really can't afford to drop points especially at home,and any other result would be a total failure :stuckup:

:fero: FORCA BARCA :fero:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I do expect us to do enough for the win here. But I also think Rijkaard will have an eye on the CL game. To that end, I personally would drop Deco and Eto'o to the bench, to give Albertini and Maxi their first starts. Give Maxi in particular a full hour at least, I say. If the hour passes and we're not in front for some reason :scream: then The Lion can come on and do his stuff. But I think it's important to help bed these new players truly into the team, and with all due respect to Mallorca there won't be too many better options. They won't be coming to attack, and as long as we don't make a second minute rookie mistake like against Atletico, we should completely dominate possession.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Oleguer is set to miss the match, so Albertini will come into the starting lineup with Marquez taking Oleguer's place in defense.

---------------Valdes--------------
-----------Puyol----Marquez---------
--Belletti-----------------------Gio---
--------------Albertini---------------
------Xavi---------------Deco-------
--Giuly----------------------Ronaldinho
-------------Eto'o--------------------

Hopefully we will be up by a good margin, and give a rest to the big guns. Maybe Maxi, Iniesta, and Gerard could come in for Deco Eto'o and Ronaldinho.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Iniesta should START for ***** sake! He's more than good enough! We can't play Xavi and Deco in every freaking match! Not fair to him!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Rijkaard better take out some of the key players once we're up by a couple or else I'm going to be mad. Players need their rest.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
i would agree with Falastini's tactic until we secure the win, then we rest some of the key players like he said. Eto'o and Ronaldinho should definitly get a rest so as Deco. Replace them with Maxi, Gerard and Iniesta

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Cuper's ultradefensive tactics will create some problems for us so we need our best players in the pitch and if we're winning by a comfortable margin then FR should give Xavi,Ronaldinho or Eto'o some rest and let Maxi and iniesta play some minutes.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Mallorca will play defending, and going for counter attack every chance they get!
this is one thing we all agree on and everyone seems to talk about!
so why don't we play with Maxi Lopez and Eto'o on the right and Ronaldinho Back in the midfield behind the attackers, like he did in Zaragoza early minutes of the game, he could come running from the back to the front, forcing his way into the 18 yard erea by his skill!!
we must use Maxi from the start of the game, cause it it the best way to make the player go into the team, specialy this weekend we have the biggest game of the season so far in our home field, against Chelsea the best team in the EPL!!

this is what I see of it, we should attack with force from the start, score some goals in the 1st half, and in the 2nd half about in the 60th minute, we give rest to our big guns, and send in Gerard, Iniesta and Guily, who would be on the bench, and bench Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco or Xavi!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The list: Oleguer OUT, Messi IN :thmbup:

Porteros: Valdés y Jorquera
Defensas: Belletti, Puyol, Márquez, Gio, Sylvinho, Fernando Navarro
Centrocampistas: Xavi, Deco, Albertini, Gerard, Iniesta
Delanteros: Giuly, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Maxi López, Messi

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Koeman4 said:
The list: Oleguer OUT, Messi IN :thmbup:

Porteros: Valdés y Jorquera
Defensas: Belletti, Puyol, Márquez, Gio, Sylvinho, Fernando Navarro
Centrocampistas: Xavi, Deco, Albertini, Gerard, Iniesta
Delanteros: Giuly, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Maxi López, Messi
so given that squad, you would expect this kind of line-up:

Code:
                  Valdés
    Belletti   Puyol    Márquez    Gio
                  Albertini
           Xavi                 Deco
      Giuly         Eto'o         Ronaldinho
I don't really like the idea of Albertini at the dm position, but i think Rijkaard is gonna go for this line-up because he wants to move Márquez to defence. Or he could replace Oleguer with Navarro but my line-up looks more probable.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts