Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlético de Madrid

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Villarreal -> 7th W10 D7 L6. 37 points. 38 scored, 20 conceded. Top Scorer: Forlán 14 goals
Atlético -> 8th W9 D6 L8. 33 points. 24 scored, 20 conceded. Top Scorer: F Torres 10 goals

Last League Meeting: Villarreal 0 Atlético 0

Probable Starting XI
25 L Franco [23 matches, 20 goals conceded]
26 Molinero [6 (1) matches]
21 Perea [22 matches]
22 Pablo [21 matches, 3 goals]
_3 A López [16 (2) matches, 1 goal]
18 Ibagaza [16 (2) matches, 2 goals]
_4 Colsa [9 (6) matches, 2 goals]
_7 Sosa [15 (4) matches]
11 Grønjkær [6 matches]
19 S Ballesta [11 (8) matches, 3 goals]
_9 F Torres [23 matches, 10 goals]

Probable Subs
27 Cuéllar 2 Velasco 5 García Calvo 8 Núñez 10 Jorge 17 Nano 29 R Medina

Injured List
12 Sergi 15 Aguilera 23 Luccin

Out of the Squad
6 Zahínos 24 Novo 28 Braulio 30 P Sicilia 31 Mané

Kick Off Time 20/01 21:00

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am the last one who allowed a club the excusion by blaming the referee ...

BUT this game was lost because of the referee no DOUBT ...

Let me explain ...

Torres goal was ccalled OFFSIDE ... but it was NO offside ...

3:0 in halftime and we will win such a game for sure ...

Ok nor problem ... 2nd. half starts ... First chance in the game for Villarreal and they scored ... 2:1 Fine ... this happens a lot ..

OK we had chances didn't score ... they scored 2:2 NO PROBLEm this can happen ... it is stupied but this can happened...

THAN Torres 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper ... and AGAIN Offside ... But it was no offside ...

Jesus Christ ... 2 times the final punched was set and two time disallowed ...

Well 90th minute they had their third chance in the whole game and they scored ... very very unlucky ... we played good ... we had chances and we had BAD referee calls against us ...

WHAT A **** ...

BUT look at the standings ... the 6th place is not so far away ... and the performance was fine ... Keep that up until the end of the season and we will be in the race ... BUT PLEASE give everything in the copa ... three big games in the copa are enough ... 5 big games in La Liga not !!!

****ING SOCCER WEEKEND ...

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Although Atletico really didnt deserve to lose but their away form is just unacceptable. Atleti could've been so much higher up the table if it wasnt for a few lapses of concentration in away games.

Torres' goals were class though, he has that explosiveness in his speed that is almost impossible for any defender to stop.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
"El Pupas"... they can't avoid it... they have to do it. :D Seriously, I don't think that Atletico did a bad match, actually one of the best away matches in this season. Despite the already menctioned mistakes by the ref, I have to talk about the midfield again. In a match that you win 0-2 in the half time, you have to disconnect the match, playing the ball in the midfield, but the lack of quality in the DM (Colsa-Sosa) is scary.

Atlético lost a huge chance to be near Europe, even near the CL, but they waste this chance. In any case, I think that Ferrando is right what he says: "I know that we don't play very well, we defend quite well, but we have lots of problems to score a goal. Anyway, I know what we have..."

I think that he's right. Atlético has Torres-dependence to score, even Ibagaza-dependence. They defend quite well and that's why they feel very comfortble against teams like Villarreal or Barcelona that like to attack. But looking at the teams over Atlético Madrid in the standings, I don't think that any of them is worse or has less quality than Atlético... maybe Espanyol is the only one over the possibilities.

Still a lot to play and Atlético has shown some improval, but they have to give a step forward to have a real possibility to reach Europe (via La Liga, they can reach it via Copa).

Just for the next season. Atlético needs only 3 signings and not 10 as every season. They need to focus all their money in 2 real DMs, a decent partner for Torres and maybe a right wing.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are so damn right that it hurts ...

I totaly agree with you ....

3 Signings:

a class winger
a class striker
a class midfielder

AND GABI back !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's frustrating , we lost 3 important points for UEFA, but we must win the CUP!! I hope reach the final , and against BILBAO , BETIS we can easly win that FINAL GAME!

YES we need some new ( good) players for next year, Gronkjaer is ok , but why did we sign that NUNEZ, what can a bring to the team? AT this moment nothing , so why do we always buy that kind of players in the december transfer period? Last yaer we had OLIVERA from JUVE on loan , and he did nothing! you are right , 3 class players and not 10 second class players!! But we do not have the money, so lets win the Coppa del REY and play Europ because ATLETICO DE MADRID is a massive club , who has to play every year European football

I would like to see FREY Van Bommel and Montella!!!

cedric

·
Registered
742 Posts
Koeman4 said:
but the lack of quality in the DM (Colsa-Sosa) is scary.
Sosa bad quality?????? Is he playing so bad in Spain?
I only saw him play once, against Villareal, and I think he played good. Riquelme was nonexistant and the only mistake I saw from him was the early yellow card.

He has been the most consistent player in the WC qualifiers. Running like drugged, being everywhere in the field and having quite good passes for being such a defensive player. He was one of the main heroes in the 3 goal tie comeback against Brazil one year ago.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
A bit unlucky to have lose as I felt Torres had a legit goal taken away. I suppose it was karma though considering some of his antics late in the match. I felt Villarreal were losing against the run of play, but I didn't think you'd let in those goals.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Chinofan said:
Sosa bad quality?????? Is he playing so bad in Spain?
I only saw him play once, against Villareal, and I think he played good. Riquelme was nonexistant and the only mistake I saw from him was the early yellow card.

He has been the most consistent player in the WC qualifiers. Running like drugged, being everywhere in the field and having quite good passes for being such a defensive player. He was one of the main heroes in the 3 goal tie comeback against Brazil one year ago.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think that Sosa is such a bad player. As you know, he's more defensive than creative,... that's the problem, in Atlético, there is no one in the midfield that can play the ball properly. Sosa is the kind of the player that is just correct, cut the ball and pass it to the one next to him. Very simple.

Sosa, Colsa and, mainly, Molinero drained Riquelme in the first half, but Atlético's problem starts when they have the ball. They depend on an impossible pass by Ibagaza and the speed of Torres.

I don't think that Sosa is that bad, just not enough for a big club (well, if Atlético still pretends to be a big club). The couple Sosa-Colsa says nothing to me, good defending, nothing creating. Atlético needs much more here.

·
Registered
43,417 Posts
unlucky. very unlucky. didnt desrve to lose at all. Ibagaza is great, Tores is a wunderkind - he scores with such an ease, its amazing.

Why was teh ref so fekin frsutrated at the end. He left the field looking like a 12 year girl who was just insulted but cant do anything about it ... strange ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts