Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big clash is taking place next Sunday, at 19.45 GMT, and will be broadcasted by Sport TV

NOw...regardless of our title fight (i actually wonder if our coach is in for it, or just given up a couple weeks ago...) i want to see us win this game...we are currently 8 pts away from them, winning and making it 5 with Porto and Sporting drawing the game versus one another...its a lot of mathematics going around here, but nevertheless we do have a chance still...

and even if we dont grab 1st place, 2nd place we really must....

So , i'm hoping we can get the same result as we did vs liverpool, although we will have to play a all lot better in order to win...let's not forget that Porto only needs the tie, thats all they need

Co has called the following players:

Goalies: Vítor Baía e Paulo Ribeiro.

Defense: Bosingwa, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Ricardo Costa, Pedro Emanuel , Marek Cech

Midfield: Ibson, Lucho González, Paulo Assunção , Raúl Meireles

Forwards: McCarthy, Ivanildo, Hugo Almeida, Lisandro Lopez, Ricardo Quaresma, Jorginho ,Adriano

I dont dare to predict their starting line-up, as i am not a wizzard :howler:

Geovanni and Miccoli are not recovered for the derby and koe-man said that beto :yuck: :yuck: will start again, and the team will be the same as against liverpool

therefore i refuse to post the players called by him, or make a starting line up of my own, as its pointless , becoz we all know what will happen and in which way :rolleyes:

suffering and aching as i may be, by seeing my beloved club at the hands of this besta, i will be rooting with all my heart for a victory

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!!!

ATÉ OS COMEMOS CARAGO! :howler: :D

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
at the light of recent league results.....i'm wondering if we should start setting up polls again:D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
HordeZla said:
Is Beto playing that badly?
Well,i only tell you if you want to have a good laugh go see a Benfica game with him playing.... :rolleyes: :scared: :howler:

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
kleber said:
Well,i only tell you if you want to have a good laugh go see a Benfica game with him playing.... :rolleyes: :scared: :howler:
He can't be that bad can he. I mean its not as if he has no talent, I've seen many many worse players than him. Just watch a few rounds of EPL every season. I guess it must be his attitude/lack of workrate?

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he can´t make a pass for his life and finds it hard to recover a ball without making a foul.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
HordeZla said:
He can't be that bad can he. I mean its not as if he has no talent, I've seen many many worse players than him. Just watch a few rounds of EPL every season. I guess it must be his attitude/lack of workrate?
Do you know any player that in the two most important games of the season manages to kick an opponent in the balls inside of his team's box thus giving the other team a penalty>goal and kick another player in the eye in such a way that will probably end his career??

I do...he dies his hair blond and he plays for Benfica :dielaugh:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I realy dont understand,wth has to happen to PatoRonald takes Beto of the team...... :googly: :frownani: :sigh:

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quit dying his hair blonde?:D

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
inacio said:
quit dying his hair blonde?:D
Maybe he will broke the leg of someone today.... :scared: :tongue:

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe he will break a nail just before entering the pitch, and has to be replaced ? :hopefull: :sweeteye: :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
1-0!! Didnt like Koemans approach to the second half, backs to the wall from the whistle, but he pulled it off.

Ok, so still with a lot to do, but we have a chance still. Wouldnt say anyone was the favourites now.

FORCAAAA BENFICA!!

·
Administrator
24,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
we won yesss:D:D:D

i must say that i was pretty happy with our 1st half, and appart from robert, everyone was doing their share...but then robert scored and redeemed himself:howler:

"with a lil help from baia" :howler:

2nd half i did agree with replacing both robert and karagounis...but never for beto and marco ferreira lol

i dunno how koe-man does this...he comes up with a good starting line up, and when the team is dominating the game, although in need of refreshment...what does he do....he messes it all up:D the team lost all midfield consistency ...
now i laugh, but i must have grown a couple grey hairs till the end of the game, too much unnecessary stress :D that last shot from mac carthy, already PAST injury time.....that one almost took my breath away :D

adriaanse did help tbh....what the hell did he think he was doing? playing with how many forwards? ..6?:Dlol

anyways.....manuel was too much tonight, what a hell of a game, damn it :D :star:

leo was awesome once again,he had moments which reminded me of miguel, when he decided to sort of take the teams destiny on his hands and push them forward:D
luisao too, anderson, alcides...the defense was superb :star:

nuno had a great game too, too bad he failed to score, he sure worked for it,but he ran like hell, and he was all over the place, great effort nuno :thmbup:

simao had a better game than the last couple ones, but still far very far from being our simao....i hope he starts improving really fast!

...btw...anyone recalls the last time we actually won porto both season games??:D

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Great win :D BTW, I'm surprised Quaresma wasn't shown another card. Robert proved he is fitting in well so far and Karagounis played well as well and I'm glad he's finally recovered his form. I agree that Simao isn't quite himself yet, but had a decent showing today. Our defense held up, I'm disappointed that Nelson isn't getting any time. Dispite the fact that he should have scored on one or two ocassions, Nuno still had a solid game. Sometimes, I just think he is so underrated, if only people looked at his overall game and not just his score sheet.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Wow, Moretto, Leo, Luisão, Simão, Manelele and Karagounis were massive tonight. The rest of the team demonstrated the right spirit. I'm proud of every single one of them tonight :proud: :star: Outstanding shot by Robert :eek:
Only disturbing thing is we gave it away in the second half but here Luisão and Leo (Alcides and Anderson as well obviously) showed there huge value for the team.
VIVA BENFICA! I'm lost for words and off to bed dreaming of our glorious campeão! :star:

inacio said:
...btw...anyone recalls the last time we actually won porto both season games??:D
Me not :eek: But it feels pretty damn great :proud: :party:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts