Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of those easy games for Osasuna home, against a rival that gets scared when they play in Euskadi.:cool::D I don´t remember when was the last time Madrid won in El Sadar, San Mamés or even Anoeta, I don´t count Mendizorrotza because they usually win there, Gasteiz is full of madridistas.:groan:

El vasco Aguirre will only miss the left back Corrales, I don´t know if he´s sanctioned or he doesn´t play because he´s loaned by Madrid, it´s sad because normally all the ex-madridistas score against the merenguitos.;) Clavero will play for him.

To win this game Osasuna will have to do something they know well and have done in the last years against Madrid, pressure a lot in the whole field not letting Madrid have the possesion of the ball and play direct football through the wings to open their defense, El Sadar will make the rest.:cool: Of course this constant pressure lets spaces, so the defense will have to pay attention to Madrid counters with long balls to Ronaldo, remember Madrid´s goal last season, a steal in midfield and a long pass from Beckham to Ronaldo.

This is the expected lineup, Ritxi Sanzol returns after a couple of bad games by Juantxo Elía.

Code:
                  Sanzol

Izquierdo   Cruchaga  Josetxo   Clavero

Valdo     Patxi Puñal  P.García   Moha

Morales   Webó
Aupa Osasuna!:fero:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Gasteiz is a good place of goods. :D Our loaned-out players will not be disallowed from against us. You see Morientes... :groan: This time no ex-players on the field is a good sign. Let's forget Valdo. ;) Are you afraid of Beckham's long pass? :fero::D

About your signature, I saw that somewhere else too. (So Athletic is Euskara?) I don't think anyone ever calls your club in that way now. The same happened to Barca as their name changed to BCF in Castilian. :mute:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
About your signature, I saw that somewhere else too. (So Athletic is Euskara?) I don't think anyone ever calls your club in that way now. The same happened to Barca as their name changed to BCF in Castilian. :mute:
No, Athletic is English (well, I don't know the word in Euskara, but the origin is English for sure). Most of the Spanish clubs had English names since the game came from England. Actually, Barcelona's name is "Futbol Club Barcelona" and originally it was "Football Club Barcelona". Also Real Madrid's original name was "Madrid Foot-Ball Club" (later the Spanish King Alfonso XIII gave them the title of "Real" -royal-, as many other clubs). When Franco won the Civil War, all the clubs and institutions had to translate their names from foreign or national (Catalan, Euskara, Galego) languages into Spanish. After the bastard died (or even before) some club could change their names. Barça made it sound like the old English name but using the words in Catalan. I guess that Athletic did the same, going back to their original name.

Txupa is mad because the name of the club is "Athletic Club" and just it. There's many people in Spain (and maybe abroad) that call them "Bilbao", when the name of the city is not even in the name of the club. I mean they are "Athletic Club" not "Athletic Club de Bilbao" or anything like that.

Look... check this out:
http://www.athletic-club.net/elclub.asp?idi=2

They have the name "Bilbao" in the logo, but not in the club's name.

Besides, there's some people who still calls them, Atlético de Bilbao, which is wrong too.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Final Time: Osasuna 1-2 Real Madrid (Webó, Owen, Helguera):depress:

Osasuna outplayed Madrid, millions of chances for the rojillos and Madrid scored in their only ones. As an example.....28 chances for Osasuna, 5 for Madrid.:mad:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, calm down, Sanzol is a nice guy, take it easy....

Indeed Osasuna has a problem in the goal, both Sanzol and Elía are having bad games, strange from Ritxi who has been a regular goalie in the last years. But anyway, if Osasuna would have scored the chances Ritxi´s mistakes wouldn´t have cost the game.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Well I didn't see the match. But my goal simply speaks everything. :D
Koeman4 said:
Txupa is mad because the name of the club is "Athletic Club" and just it. There's many people in Spain (and maybe abroad) that call them "Bilbao", when the name of the city is not even in the name of the club. I mean they are "Athletic Club" not "Athletic Club de Bilbao" or anything like that.

They have the name "Bilbao" in the logo, but not in the club's name.
I see your point. Thx. In our language, people usually call Bilbao, but not Athletic (because it is easier to think of the club.)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Hey, calm down, Sanzol is a nice guy, take it easy....

Indeed Osasuna has a problem in the goal, both Sanzol and Elía are having bad games, strange from Ritxi who has been a regular goalie in the last years. But anyway, if Osasuna would have scored the chances Ritxi´s mistakes wouldn´t have cost the game.
It was a (bad) joke, I don't get so angry with football... anyway, he was awful, he's the main guilty of the result, but this is the life of the goalie.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ivan Helguera said:
Well I didn't see the match. But my goal simply speaks everything. :D

I see your point. Thx. In our language, people usually call Bilbao, but not Athletic (because it is easier to think of the club.)
But I bet you also call Osasuna, Real Sociedad or Betis and that´s not the name of their cities.;) It isn´t too difficult to call things by their names...

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I call them Bilbao because I'm ignorant and naive.

And that goalie should've seen what Casillas was doing... don't try to catch the ball, punch it far away. With conditions like that and the ball being so wet, it's hard to catch it. He tried to do this twice and we scored on the rebounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts