·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Estadio José Zorrilla, 8/2/2009, 17:00

Players called by Caparrós:

Iraizoz, Armando
Iraola, Koikili, Ustaritz, Etxeita, Aitor Ocio
Del Olmo, David López, Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, Susaeta, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Javi Martínez
Llorente, Ion Vélez, Etxeberria

Amorebieta is injured. Where are Balenziaga and Toquero?? Would give a chance to Del Olmo personally :)

line-up:

IRAIZOZ

IRAOLA - USTARITZ - AITOR OCIO - KOIKILI

SUSAETA - ORBAIZ - JAVI MARTÍNEZ - YESTE

I. VELÉZ

F. LLORENTE

(+ KNOERT :D)​

bench: Armando, Garmendia, Etxeita, Etxeberria, Gurpegi, Del Olmo and Gabilondo

AUPA ATHLETIC! :strong:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Estadio José Zorrilla, 8/2/2009, 17:00

Players called by Caparrós:

Iraizoz, Armando
Iraola, Koikili, Ustaritz, Etxeita, Aitor Ocio
Del Olmo, David López, Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, Susaeta, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Javi Martínez
Llorente, Ion Vélez, Etxeberria

Amorebieta is injured. Where are Balenziaga and Toquero?? Would give a chance to Del Olmo personally :)

Probable line-up:

IRAIZOZ

IRAOLA - USTARITZ - AITOR OCIO - BALENZIAGA

D.LÓPEZ - ORBAIZ - JAVI MARTÍNEZ - GABILONDO

GARMENDIA (?)

F. LLORENTE

(+ KNOERT :D)​

AUPA ATHLETIC! :strong:
There he is :pp

From where you got the line-up? I think that Velez instead of Garmendia is more probable. Anyway, Aupa Athletic!
Let's hope Knoert will bring an away victory. If not, we'll know who is the jinxer :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I read that Mikel San José is playing for Athletic on loan for the remains of the season..!? Couldn´t get that confirmed at any official website.. Any truth in that!?

I´d be surprised if Caparrós changed the 4-4-2 lineup. Gabilondo and David López on the wings. Mayby Yeste!?

On top Llorente and...!? Vélez I guess.

3 very important games now!!!!

After that the death zone... Sevilla x 2, Barca, Real and Villarreal.... oooouch

Would be nice to enter that phase with everyting to win and nothing to loose..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you read that?? don't think there's any truth in that.

I agree these tree games are very important; we need to avoid repeating the streak from the beginning of La Liga...

·
Registered
421 Posts
where did you read that?? don't think there's any truth in that.
Norweigan Liverpool site so a high risk source... :doh:

Bad result today. Why dosen´t Gabilondo and López play!?:drunk: ??

And how bad is it with Amorebieta!?

How extremly important the next two games will be.. Then we face Sevilla, Copa, Barca, Real and Villarreal.. We can stay on 29 til Osasuna is there... :yuck:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad result today. Why dosen´t Gabilondo and López play!?:drunk: ??
don't know really...Caparrós wanted to rest them after the difficult schedule I guess...

Ustaritz got injured as well :moan: and Javimar was subbed off after the first half, probably due to genitals injury...hope neither of these is serious :hopeful:...the defence situation is getting critical...

spanish refs are so crap this season, both penalty situations were very controversial to say the least...I also think Iraola should start taking pk's again, Llorente doesn't seem convincing at it...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
So, I'm back from once a great Athletic experience! We brought 5000 (!) fans to Valladolid two days ago, magnificent! :star: :proud:

About the match, we certainly weren't worse than Valladolid, just very unlucky,the penalty we got against was a truely unfair one, even the Valladolid players said that after the match. The 2nd goal we got against was just very bad defending, easy as that. Then we came back into the match, our penalty was debatable as well, no one noticed the foul on Llorente... then he missed but from the rebound Orbaiz scored. In the remainder of the match we were by far the better team but couldn't equalise anymore... :thmbdown:
The red card from Yeste was unfair too, in my opinion. Some Valladolid ****** (Sesma?) was standing just two metres in front of the ball when we had to take a free kick, as it took too long and the referee did nothing, Yeste gave him a push which was reason from him to fall down to the ground, which resulted in a red for Yeste, this all happened far in injury time.

So... we lost, got a red card and missed a penalty... I didn't bring luck this time, hehe.

About the fans, I didn't know what to expect before, because of the cup games (many fans were in Gijon already) and the general away support in Spain I didn't expect many. But the fans proved me wrong, it was stunning! In the morning I watched a game of Valladolid B, after that match, three hours before the match of Athletic, fans started to come in, drinking cerveza and kalimotxo at the stadium ground. The away stand was completely sold out and in all the other stands there were many Athletic fans between the Valladolid fans. I was in a Valladolid stand too, but the whole row I was sitting in, there were only Athletizales! Also the atmosphere was great, I never knew we could create such a great vocal support! In San Mamés I never experienced it like this, of course there was the Athleeeeeetic and the club song, but also 'ikusi mendizaleak' was very popular with 'gora, gora, euskal herria a, a, a,' sounding very loud through the whole stadium, it was only us singing :proud:.

Anyway, will post more soon :).

Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
A report (sorry, but in Dutch, perhaps you can understand a bit) and pictures of Valladolid - Athletic, a magnificent experience.

Pics and a report of Real Valladolid - Athletic Club

For those interested, I also visited Rayo Vallecano, a very nice club with the same 'minded' fans like we are. Also in the morning before Athletic's game, Real Valladolid B

sounds fun Knoert! are you going to Bilbao for the cup game?
Well, it's going to be hard, not even because of work or school, but because of football... on Sunday my team Utrecht plays Ajax and I promised to buy some mates tickets for that game so I have to go, which means I can't go 'hopping' in the weekend before and I should just travel for Athletic's match. No problem of course, but Ryanair flies to Santander from Eindhoven only on Monday evening, so when I arrive at San Mamés on tuesday, will that be on time for a ticket? It's a cup semi-final in the end...
Still doubting, want to go, have to decide soon...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.