1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 5/2/05
Kick-off time: 20:00h
Stadium: Anoeta

Ranieri will confirm tomorrow the list of players available for the game.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Porteros: Cañizares, Palop.

Defensas: Fabio Aurelio, Marchena, Caneira, Carboni, David Navarro, Moretti.

Centrocampistas: Albelda, Fiore, Baraja, Angulo, Xisco, Rufete,

Delanteros: Corradi, Di Vaio, Mista, Aimar.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Is Curro Torres injured for this game?

If your rivals Villareal can beat Sociedad at the Anoeta 4-0 then im sure you can too :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
R.Sociedad are in a deep trouble(players didn't get their salaries for months) and their current form is awful :undecide:
Valencia should win this game if they want to keep a distance with teams hoping for European qualification(Sevilla,Espanyol,Villareal) and the Valencianistas should improve their play if they want to get the 3 pts from Anoeta!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
1-1 HT
Di Vaio scored the first goal after he escaped from the off-side trap and Nihat scored a wonderful volley to cancel valencia's advantage

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
hmm,Real Sociedad deserved to win this game they showed more hunger and more will to get the 3pts but were unlucky Valencia stayed at the back and waited for a counter-attack
the substitions made by Ranieri were important coz Aimar gave an assist to Baraja(why isn't he a starter?? :veiled: ) and Xisco scored the 3rd goal
the last 10mn were crazy and both teams battled until the final whistle! :thumbsup:
i'm sure of one thing:Corradi should retire from football he was totally absent from the game and there's no room for this player in this squad :wallbang: (Ranieri should also resign as a manager)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ranieri is using Aimar as a forward. but he is not a forward. he's not a good enough scorer, he's not tall, not physically strong, he's not good at scoring with his head, which is the most popular way of scoring in this current Valencia... As a forward, he is not good enough to start.

After this match Ranieri said, I have four forwards to choose from. I didn't start Aimar because I want to use the altitude of Di Vaio and Corradi instead of Mista and Aimar's velocity. All right, if velocity is Aimar's only virtue that Ranieri can see, then Ranieri is justified.

·
Registered
396 Posts
fc barcelona said:
i'm sure of one thing:Corradi should retire from football he was totally absent from the game and there's no room for this player in this squad :wallbang: (Ranieri should also resign as a manager)
Everyone can see that but the old fart doesn't seem to think so. I guess, this dumbass coach of ours ain't gonna give up on Corradi until his beloved tree stump gets the Pachichi. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
fc barcelona said:
he was MOM in my opinion :star: :thmbup:
he scored 2 goals and provoked the 3rd what do you want more from a striker? :star:
Agreed, he was the spark that got his team the one point. He is so impressive when he is on.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nihat was amazing. Causing terror throughout the defense.

While Aimar did gave me a big surprise when he make an impossible defense spilting pass to Mista, sending him one on one. :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fc barcelona said:
hmm,Real Sociedad deserved to win this game they showed more hunger and more will to get the 3pts but were unlucky Valencia stayed at the back and waited for a counter-attack
the substitions made by Ranieri were important coz Aimar gave an assist to Baraja(why isn't he a starter?? :veiled: ) and Xisco scored the 3rd goal
the last 10mn were crazy and both teams battled until the final whistle! :thumbsup:
I don't think Real Sociedad deserved to win the game, on the contrary, we were unlucky. Xisco scored a legal goal but the referee didn't concede it, and they tied in the very last minute... in any case it was a great game, but I feel we could have perfectly won.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Today I saw highlights of this game. Nihat was just amazing, I really wish him to join super club next season, he really deserved it.

BTW, old Karpin played well too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts