Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A "clásico" in La Liga, recently devalued due to Atlético's situation. Barcelona is going back to its best form and they have shown it in the last 2 matches with 2 unquestionable victories. Atlético has only won one match away from the Calderón, in Albacete, and it was in September.

Barcelona needs to win in order to keep (or increase) the gap over our direct rival, Real Madrid, who will recieve a difficult rival like Madrid B... I mean... Espanyol. In theory, we don't have any new injury, aside the ones that we already know.

Their main player is Fernando Torres, who always do quite well against us, a player who is dangerous mainly for his speed. Gronjkaer has improved their left wing and also Ibagaza could be a problem, if he has a good day (he doesn't have many recently). Their main strength is their defense, they probably have 2 of the best center backs of La Liga, Perea and, especially, Pablo (we should take care with their corner kicks). Their main weakness is their midfield, they lack quality players there and they've lost Luccin (5 yellow cards), so they'll come with Sosa and Colsa, who are not a big deal. They also have problems to score, they have scored only 22 goals in 21 matches, although they don't receive many (21).

IMO, anything but a Barça victory would be a surprise for me, although as any "clásico", you never know. The Barcelona-Atlético's have historically been quite crazy.

SOM-HI BARÇA!

·
Registered
70,223 Posts
FCB_Simon said:
I am going to this game, woo hoo! :D:D:D
It´s a nice game to see in the stadium! Enjoy with a Barça victory man!

Atletico use to be a disaster playing away...but I don´t think it will be an easy game. They have players to play much better than they usually do.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
FCB_Simon said:
hope you'll enjoy the game, and Barca win it, as K4 said, Take too much too much pic's and post them in here, so we all enjoy it as you did :happy: :happy:

------------------------------------------------

as Koeman4 said, I really don't think anything but a win is what we want from Barca in this game, surely if and I wish from my heart, that madrid B, I mean Espanyol win or draw with the "shity" real, we could increace the cap to 10 points, and that is so good for us, specialy we'll have to meet them later in thier field, I feel Ibagaza is the most dangorous player in thier OM, cause he have the skill to dribble around defenders, Torres always been so good, and I feel we should control him more this time, not like the 1st game early in the season.

I think playing with Marquez and Puyol in the back is the best choise, and hopefuly, we'll see Maxi Lopez in action at Camp Nuo this time, hope he do great.

Visca el Barca

and as K4 said

SOM-HI BARCA :D :thumbsup:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
FCB_Simon said:
Thats awesome.

Atletico has done well in Barcelona the last two games :mad: Ibagaza had an ok game last week and Torres finally scored after two months (a non-existent pk) but I expect Atletico to continue to do poorly away from home. Luccin is out with too many yellow cards.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I think it is amazing how well we are doing. People saying that Real Madrid are doing poorly are wrong--its Barcelona who are doing exceptionally well. It gets worrying because one wonders when the form will go down. Anyway, its a bit annoying with Madrid breathing down our necks, so I hope we can get 3 points and that they drop some points in the Bernabeu. I will be supremely disappointed if we don't win La Liga this year and, frankly, its still a considerable possibility.

·
Registered
967 Posts
the only reason why it was a classico because they were good once and the rivarly with frente atletico!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Atlético's away form has been a joke and I would be surprised to see it improve in the Camp Nou. Torres will be their obvious threat, but I expect Atlético to sit back and play on the counter attack. With our attacking trio all returning to form, it would be a miracle (for them) if we didn't score.

But these games have always been unpredictable and I expect to see plenty of goals. Lets hope Ronaldinho produces something special like he did last season :star:

FCB_Simon: You're a lucky man! :sob: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
For once I would be hoping Atletico win :D

Although thats far from possible as its a game between the team with one of the best home records against the worst, anyways a man can dream :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
FCB_Simon said:
"and to see how Bar$a lose" you forget to add this. :D Congrats. :)

I remember last year in Camp Nou, Atletico did have some chance, though lost 2-0 (?) with poor finsihing. Demis did quite well, but he left. :depress:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still waiting for El Fenómeno's pre-game analysis. Show us your talent to predict the opposite of your thoughts. :D

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
For once I would be hoping Atletico win :D

Although thats far from possible as its a game between the team with one of the best home records against the worst, anyways a man can dream :D
yup, you can dream as much as you can, but you'll be hit by reality, when Barca take La Liga, and win at Bernabue, surely then, you'll stop dreaming :D

and by the way, its not only you who dream, there are about 1,000,000 Madridesta dreaming to see Barca drop a point, and they will support any team, even Barca B, to see Barca drop a point :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, DREAM ON MAN :jester: :lala:

Visca el Barca :strong: :strong:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
RossoNeri_BAKU said:
He played at Sevilla???
yeah, Albartini started the second half as a sub, for the right Back Belliti, and he did so good in his 1st Barca game, hopefuly, he'll do better in his 1st home game this sunday against Atliteco Madrid :tongue:

Visca el Barca

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
You can't keep on winning forever. :D

Atletico Madrid are poor away from home, though. :depress:

At least Fernando Torres usually does very well against Barcelona. :thumbsup:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
El Fenómeno. said: