Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday at 9pm, Yeste is sanctioned, Murillo and Urzaiz injured. Yes, Isma is still injured since the game in Lanzarote, where he played half an hour injured with 2 substitutions left, unbelievable.:rolleyes:

The list:

Aranzubia, Lafuente.

Iraola, César, Javi González, Del Horno, Prieto, Karanka, Casas.

Gurpegi, Tiko, Orbaiz, Solabarrieta, Julen Guerrero.

Arriaga, Etxeberria, Ezquerro, Llorente.

We have a vital game on thursday in Valladolid so I think Valverde will rest some players, we´ve had a lot of games in the last month. Players as Iraola, Orbaiz, Etxebe or Ezquerro could have a rest, not all at the same time obiously.

I suppose Valverde will use the 4-4-2 also known as the "Liège system":cool: which is giving us good resulst away, although yesterday he passed a long time talking with Etxebe, Ezquerro, Julen and Llorente so he could repeat Valladolid´s attack.

For this game I would use the 4-4-2 and I would give Arriaga a chance in his natural position in attack, resting Etxebe or Ezquerro, to see if he finally has a good game. Another thing I would do is play Casas as left back and Del Horno as left winger, I think Asier can give a good level on away games in that position and we would have a better defense with Casas.

But well, based on logic this would be the probable lineup, although as I said I´m pretty sure some regular starters will rest in the bench.

..................Aranzubia

César.......Prieto.....Gurpegi......Del Horno

Iraola........Tiko.......Orbaiz......Arriaga

..............Etxebe.....Ezquerro

BTW, what is Karanka doing again in the list? He demonstrates game after game he doesn´t have level for this team, not even for segunda or segunda B. Against Valladolid he had to be substituted by Gurpegi because Aduriz was making a fool of him, why doesn´t Valverde call a defender from Bilbao Athletic? Playing with Karanka is like playing with 10 against 12.:mad:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The game starts in 45 minutes.:fero:

Official lineup of the lions:

Code:
                Aranzubia

Javi Glez   L.Prieto  Gurpegi   Casas

Iraola       Tiko    Orbaiz      Del Horno

Etxebe  Ezquerro
I like it, Txingurri listened to me and has put Asier as winger,:D both Iraola and Asier will help in defense and they´re also good attacking, I think this is an interesting lineup and I think this is the perfect game to try it. I thought Txingurri was going to put some subs though, anyway, let´s win this game and thursday´s! 17 years without winning in Mestalla!!:fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First Half: Valencia 0-1 Athletic (Iraola p.)

We´re playing well, not our typicall passionate football but with intelligence, our typicall 4-4-2 performance. The Casas-Del Horno experiment on the left is working, Casas is defending well, and Del Horno attacks and helps Javi, Asier is MOM by now with Orbaiz for me. We are controlling, having chances and we don´t let Valencia make more than 2 passes, it looks good although we´ll have to suffer to keep this score, Valencia has excellent players, anyway, C´mon lions!:fero:

About the penalty, some say it was, others it wasn´t... I don´t know because I really don´t know who are the rules about this. Caneira wasn´t looking to the ball but he was jumping with open arms, and stopped a clear chance of goal, so no itention or yes? My impression is that no ref knows the rules about hands in the box because depending on who´s the ref he signs it or not. After what I watched against Valladolid and today I think they should make the reglamentation clearer because this is a lottery.

BTW, Ayala is an excellent player but so dirt, he should have been sent of after elbowing Orbaiz on purpose, so sad to see such a good player doing these things..:(

And BTW, Fabio Aurelio is a son of a bitch, in that play, with Orbaiz in the floor Aranzubia went to help his teammate and F.Aurelio kicked to goal from midfield with no goalie, idiot.:mad:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final Time: Valencia 2-2 Athletic

0-1 Iraola 31´
0-2 Ezquerro 60´
1-2 Mista 73´
2-2 Di Vaio 81´

Same thing as in San Mamés, how sad, we got a bit of our own medicine here.:D We had the game controlled, were being clearly superior but those defensive mistakes... Sometimes we are too offensive, as against Valladolid with the 3-1, we should try to defend what we have instead of going like crazy to the attack. I don´t know what was doing Casas with the 0-2 attacking as if he was a winger, a bit of brain please. Anyway, we received two head goals, Gurpegi, Javi, Prieto and Aranzubia didn´t have a good day in the air. Then after the tie Valencia attacked a lot and we had no other choice than defend, and had some luck, thing is we should have started defending a while before..

Anyway, we played a serious game, than appart from those mistakes should have given us a victory. A draw against the current champion is not bad, they have very good players starting by Mista, I don´t understand what he´s doing in the bench. Although this team has nothing to do with Benitez´s, they´re too dirt, specially Ayala, Marchena and Caneira, also Albelda was harder than usual and Fabio Aurelio demonstrated to be an idiot, if Ranieri substituted him at half time for that, well done. Funny that the dirtiest player on the field, Ayala, got injured, true that Llorente arrived late to that crash with Ayala (the fault wasn´t hard but his 1´92 felt over the argentinan) but the reaction of Caneira, Marchena & co is pathetic, trying to intimidate a 19 years old with horrible faults.:yuck:

Athletic´s best players were Orbaiz and Del Horno for my taste, and Iraola (a goal and another assist!!:star: ) From the defense I only save Casas, even with that attacking obsession. Javi González, Aranzubia and the defense couple were the worst for me. Anyway, the game was good, we have a good team, shame we don´t have more bench depth.

1 point more, it´s gone a while since our last loss (in Anoeta if I´m not wrong), now we have to center in Valladolid, a por ellos!:fero:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Basque fans, consider yourselves lucky, you saw Di Vaio scoring! This doesn't happen often, believe me :shades: :notlist:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to congratulate Julen for hist 400th game in Primera, zorionak Julen!! Let´s see if we see the 100th goal soon, he has 99. Also congratulate Javi González for his 200th game.

And BTW, one thing I want to mention after watching some match reports. I want to thank/congratulate all Athletic players on Mestalla on Sunday´s night for their fantastic attitude as response to Valencia´s pathetic provokations and bad manners. A simple smile and get the ball soon to continue outplaying them, Well done lions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts