Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, difficult match. The Sanchez Pizjuán is a tough stadium and especially this season. IMO, if we win, La Liga will be in our pocket, because Real Madrid really hope that we drop some points in Sevilla and a victory would be an impressive sign of authority. Now, if we lose, I'm not saying that we are going to lose La Liga, but we play on Saturday and Real Madrid will play overmotivated in Soria against Numancia the following day.

In any case, the victory can go to any of the 2 sides and a defeat would not be the end of the world. In the worst of the cases, we would still have 4 points over Madrid and they didn't play there yet.

I'm confident in this match, because we showed a good image against Racing and some of our players played in their best level.

SOM-HI NOIS

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
lets hope that great victory on saturday, gave a good boost, an we will have Maxi Lopez by then and Maybe Albertini by then which will boost morale

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
A draw is most likely i can't see us losing after the racing match, the players are trying to pick up the amazing form they once had. So i guess everyone will be willing to win against Sevilla and the least is a draw, i dont think they have to win a draw is more reasonable but a win is something really nice against Sevilla. We beat them in the first half of the season 2-0 at Home

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I can't agree more with you Koeman4, we shouldn't be heading to the game with fear of losing it, its just another match, we should play as good as we did in racing, and close some gaps, and work harder in making something out of this game, winning it means we'll be clear by 10 points, till real play agains numancia, and we'll be at least 7 point clear after this week.

losing isn't a big deal yes, but I hope if we don't win it, at least we draw it, 1 point is better than nothing, specialy with Sivella corent form this season, and we have 5 big games coming 3 of them out of home.

Real "shit" Madrid, Deportivo and Valencia (out) ... Villarreal and Real Bites (home)

and we must take something out of these 5 games, to keep up in LA LIGA.

I see it 2-1 win for Barca.

Visca el Barca

·
Registered
384 Posts
In Thursday at 21.00 Sevilla will play 1/4 final of Copa del Rey against Osasuna and after just two days will face Barca! ;)

Javi Navarro is out with broken nose! ;)

Sergio Ramos collected 5th yellow card if I'm correct!? ;)

Baptista and captain Pablo Alfaro missed last Liga match because of an injury. ;)

Barca will win!!!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
The fortress Sanchez Pizjuan is the only stadium with Camp Nou to be unbeated. FC Sevilla played 9 games and they won 7 so drew 2 times.

statistics at home 6 FC Seville 23pts 9games 7W 2D 0L 14 goals scored for 4 against

Rijkaard may think about the draw, as k4 it is a crap game. By winning showing great moves and strong midifeld and defense , everybody should notice that the Liga was our. I think more about a draw, one point isn't bad enough. With an unexceptionnal Xavi and Deco games we can't be strong. A defeat will help madrid to be closer to us

Or we may need an individual goal from Ronaldinho or Eto'o to win

great scenario, i'll hope that strong barça can win and show to every team that they are the best thie year

·
Registered
320 Posts
This season Barça first loose was in Sevilla against Betis :frownani:
But i hope this time Barça will win and repeat the last year vicrtory in the pizjuan (tanks to the Kluivert header and Luis garcia pass ) Both leave Barça but now we have Giuly and (King Africa) Eto'o who aloso can make the diference .

·
Registered
70,666 Posts
I wouldn´t say a draw is unacceptable at Sanchez Pizjuan. A different matter it´s to play for a draw. That would be unacceptable.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
The game will be difficult becuase Sevilla is a team that also likes to attack, Renato is having an excellent season (check out his goal this weekend) possesion will be key for FCB.

A draw in Sevilla, with this Sevilla team, is very acceptable, imo, but as GICA said, to play for the draw is not. But FCB won't do that, they will come out, try to own the ball and create danger.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Enjoyed the win against Racing , but at times we looked shakey and exhausted.Barca created chances from every agnle and side of the pitch,and with proper finshing the result could have been half dozen easly. I am not complaining , we won and that's all i care for.But,finshing is an issue should be taking care of to have a better and more effective results.Eto'o had beautiful game scored\assists he was everywhere his effort is stonshing so is his finshing.You know what seperate losers from champions ?Luck and opportuntiy and with sevilla we need both to keep Barca in the lead.

Visca el Barca

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
a really tough game to play :devil:
sanchez pizjuan is a fortress this season(7W 2D 0L) and time has come to end their good home form and take the 3 pts from there :devil:
the racing game was a major boost for the players and it'll help them to find the necessary resources to win :cool:
and another factor wich could affect them physically is that they'll play copa del rey on thursday! :devil:
SOM-HI BARCA :star:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
It looks like we have found the winning form and play real football , altough it isn't the same as in the beginning of the season:star:. I think we will win, it's a difficult match but after the win I can't think of anything else then victory tough I can exept a draw. The most importent thing is to keep it cool and cold because if not we might just lose it if we are over confident.

As for the "statistic" stuff, if I can call it that;) I believe we need to win to keep it going, Madrid has started to play some decent and winning football and if we lose they aren't far from us so let's hope we win and they lose...5-0:D

Who isn't ready for this match btw?

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Sevilla has only 2 days rest, and have a couple of important players missing.
I don't know if they are going to start their "A" players in the Copa game, maybe they'll rest them for the weekend, but if they do start most of their best players, and Barça walks in there well-rested, then I don't care about expecting a tie... I want the full 3 points, and to win a league, you have to win games like this one. It obviously sends a big message to the rest of the teams chasing and more importantly, directly affects the standings...
but I'm sure that what I'm saying is obvious to everyone here, so I'll stop now. ;)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Just gotta be aware of their Brazilian powerhouses. Baptista, Renato and Daniel Alves. If we manage to contain them then I dont see why it shouldnt be a walk over for us. By the way it just seems like yesterday when we beat them 2-0 and Baptista had a notably shit game.

Oh and we better make sure Dr. Alfaro doesnt take in any patients from our team this weekend. I really have a good feeling about this after hearing about their game on Thursday. :D

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I don't see a walk in game, I just feel it will be tough on us, but if we want to show other teams that we mean business, we must win this game, Sevilla beaten real "SHIT" madrid at home 1-0, with a game they domenated from the start, and they could have win it with more goals, still they have Casillas :angry:
we need to keep the form and way we played in Racing game for the rest of the season, and with the new inforcment, I feel good about the game.

lets wait and see.

Visca el Barca

1 - 20 of 298 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.