Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs. Roma

Heya Folks.. it's the big one, just a week away. The battle of epic proportions, and it takes place at the Olimpico, where we love to tread, especially this time of year..;) So, if we don't win this we're screwed. If we don't lose this they're screwed. If we win then they're REALLY screwed. If neither of us win, then we're both screwed. Do all signs point to it? Both clubs happen to be in dire straits (us less so) at the moment, but the psychological effects of being second to Milan can only bring the best out of Juve, and out of Roma. Capello will be making lots of changes, no doubt.. I'd hope for Lippi to follow suit and bring Maresca in to start. Let's see. Hoping for a stellar show. Nedved, Thuram, DP, get going already!

Forza Juve!

:star::proud:

Avanti Signora!

Merda Milan!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Capello will be making lots of changes, no doubt..
You obviously don't know Capello very well.;)
He's the most stubborn coach around and always keeps the same squad unless forced to change by injuries and suspensions. I am hoping he'll make changes, but realisticly the chances for that are very small.

We just had our worst performance in a long, long time against Brescia, not only we lost, but we played some of the ugliest football I've seen this year in Seria A. That's why I am pessimistic for this game. Most of our key players are in bad form too and our only reliable typical striker Montella is still injured. But given recent history, I still the most likely outcome is a draw, even though it's useless for both teams.

But hopefully Cassano and Totti will hit top form again and destroy the unreliable Juve defence and we will win. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was being a bit pessimistic myself, but I'd have thought he'd HAVE to make some changes.. I mean, L-I-M-A, anyone? ;)

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I thought the same often about Lima, but capello still plays him game in game out. Sad but true.
Some of our players were even worse than Lima against Brescia and still weren't substituted(Cassano had by far his worst game EVER).

Anyway, i haven't seen Juve play in the New year(only about 20 minutes against Empoli), most of you are complaining all the time but you keep on winning. Nedved is not in form from what I've read and that's gives me a bit of optimism but he usually brings his best against us, hopefully this time it will be an exception.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Nedved is a player you can bet on who will perform in big games....and not only historically, but also given the current situation, this game is as big as it gets!...Ohh yesss, Nedved will rise to the occasion. He hasn't forgot his time at Lazio, and with us needing the three points to go ahead of you, Nedved is the player who will deliver the ammunition and bullets to sink Rome.

Let us wait and see how the week turns out in training etc.....hopefully, someone in here will be able to keep us updated with the "what's going" in the training ground.

For now, my mind is on the fixture against Inter...it may be a small trophy, but I want it nonetheless....I'm still hoping for the treble :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Demandred said:
You obviously don't know Capello very well.;)
He's the most stubborn coach around and always keeps the same squad unless forced to change by injuries and suspensions. I am hoping he'll make changes, but realisticly the chances for that are very small.

We just had our worst performance in a long, long time against Brescia, not only we lost, but we played some of the ugliest football I've seen this year in Seria A. That's why I am pessimistic for this game. Most of our key players are in bad form too and our only reliable typical striker Montella is still injured. But given recent history, I still the most likely outcome is a draw, even though it's useless for both teams.

But hopefully Cassano and Totti will hit top form again and destroy the unreliable Juve defence and we will win. :tongue:

The same can be said about Lippi who keeps fielding the same line up week in week out. A line up that lacks creative players i.e. Maresca & miccoli, and forces us to just scrape by these victories and does not allow for any flowing play. Anyway Inter comes first and as Lippi pulled Ned & Trez early from the Chievo match I am expecting them to feature in the coppa. I hope for no injuries with the UCL around the corner in the coppa or the the match vs Roma. Its getting close to crunch time for the league and on a bigger picture Euro 2004. I hope we wont be missing any of our Azzurri stars because they are risked in a coppa match.

FORZA JUVE! :star: :star:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
yeah, its a scary thought facing totti and co. but still, i suppose when we think juve will get pumped, they come up and win.

hoping for nedved and del piero to hit some form....doubtful though.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Re: vs. Roma

!bob said:
So, if we don't win this we're screwed. If we don't lose this they're screwed. If we win then they're REALLY screwed. If neither of us win, then we're both screwed. We MUST win.
I beg pardon.

Now.
Sentences N2 and N4 seek a clarification. I mean it is stupid to write one more sentence when one can express his idea within just one. Rationalize!

Then, N5 is not clear as well - why must we win? Are we sure that we do not want to get screwed? Still, this is Juve. Nothing sure, ye know. It is a matter of importance, I think.

However, I agree with 'Merda Milan' and "Forza Juve" both.

:)

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
!bob said:
I was being a bit pessimistic myself, but I'd have thought he'd HAVE to make some changes.. I mean, L-I-M-A, anyone? ;)
Today it was reported that Capello will replace Lima with Azzurri U21 star Gaetano D'Agostino, whom Roma and Juve fought over during the offseason. Hopefully, he can provide a spark down the left wing in his first ever Roma Serie A start!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R10 - All the best for D'Agostino if he plays..has a lot of promise.

xtc - I don't see your point. I mean, is it necessary to be in agreement on more than one issue? :D And yes, we don't want to get screwed right now. I'm hoping for a very good show. Somehow I see our season taking a surreal turn for the better - or the worse. 'tis the stuff of dreams, greatly anticipating.. but what's with the turnup for this thread? There's only a day to go and barely nine replies? What's up?

Nedved will shine, I am sure of it. :star:

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
!bob said:
xtc - I don't see your point.
"No point" is "the new meaning", didn't they tell you already?! :)

As I havent watched any games from this seasons it's hard for me to express opinions on our current form and play and so forth, but I do really hope that we could at least beat Roma. Some time ago - it would have been impossible to me, but having considered their low performances for some time now, it gives me some kind of hope.

At least a win.

Forza Juve!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I dont know but all what i know is its our chance to come closer to the tittle , if we lose our chances will decrease .

+ our defense is v.bad AT the moment facing players like Totti and Cassano .

I hope either miccoli or divaio starts the match with TREZ instead of delpiero .I guess all of these r better than him @ the moment .

I hope juve wins but I think NEDVED will finish the match 4 juve .

I assume we will win 3/1 or we'll have a draw

so thats it

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i was kind of hoping that Lima was playing as he isnt a good player for roma, even though Capello seems to like him.

I hope Maresca plays also, he really is a star for us, and gives us what we are missing in midfield.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow u guys do really care about ur team dont u? One of the most important games for ur team in Serie A is coming and ur topic about it has only 13 posts!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gazzetta reports Conte on the starting lineup, no Maresca nor Miccoli and Legro and Montero in defense. Word. No surprise, but if I were Lippi I'd really have gone for Enzo on the left instead of Conte. CONTE!?!? Sure, he's going through a bit of a spell, but what about Divaio? Miccoli?? Maresca??? ..but these dissapointments aside - I'm really hoping for Nedved to shine, and il capitano too.. it's going to be a magical night. :D

This topic is surprisingly quiet.. but now worries, it'll be buzzing come Monday..

FORZA JUVE! :skull::star::proud:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well whatever team news you have it cant be as bad as our team news

Peli
Panucci Zebina Samuel Chivu
Mancini Emerson Dacourt Lima
Totti Carew

the defensive 4-4-1-1 system which haunts us all... i like the 4 in defence for more solidity but D'Ago or Cassano should be left midfield!!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Conte ahead of Maresca....yes, thats the Lippi, neglect our best midfielder in Maresca. No Miccoli again:rolleyes:

im a little happy that Cassano isnt in the line up, so Capello says anyway.

not looking good for us though IMO!

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I would've liked to of seen Miccoli start instead of Del Piero personally, yet Lippi continues to stick with him while we suffer.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts