Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Villareal lost their match, so it is a great opportunity to widen the gap to 5 points,
come on Athletic!

sorry, it is round 21, I wrote 20, I was so excited about villareal's loss, lol.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm excited..really excited.

Enjoy while we can...EV will be the next Barcelona coach imo and Laporte will be sold in the summer...I haven't been impressed by someone his age for a very long time.

Pace,positional awareness,heading ability,surging runs from defence..he has it all at 19...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
tarquin even when things go well you always find a reason to get sad..:wallbang:

Why woudn't Athletic fight for titles and CL spot in the short term?

Why shouldn't Athletic be capable of offering an ambitious project to Valverde, Laporte and many others?

Even though in the case of Laporte I agree this is the most probable outcome -based on his interviews, at least he is not a liar like others- this is not the kind of thoughts just after beating Osasuna 1-5, no?

Didn't watch the game, anyway, do you think Athletic is capable of taking one step forward and be competitive (and hopefully win) our next games? Definately champions league material: Atlético (cup), Real Madrid (league), Real Madrid (cup, if we beat Atlético)...

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you think Athletic is capable of taking one step forward and be competitive (and hopefully win) our next games? Definately champions league material: Atlético (cup), Real Madrid (league), Real Madrid (cup, if we beat Atlético)...
definitely, why not?

·
Panopoticon
1,287 Posts
Athletic's problem is and will always be getting the squad balance right, because of their transfer policy. One season is achievable with an imbalanced squad, two is very difficult. CL qualification might end up very disappointing if that balance isn't found. It's a strange situation because for the first time in a decade, there's a plethora of talented Basque footballers to buy on the open market. Athletic have some money too.

It needs the will to take a risk though. Many of you were against Mikel Rico's purchase this summer and he's been your best player.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I watched the match and I was realy happy about Athletic's style of play... three victories in La Liga in a row.. :D

But we must as well keep in mind that the last three teams are in relegation trouble.

We will see how good our beloved club really plays when it faces Real Madrid three times in a row! (Liga and Copa :D )

.... but first we have to kick out this Atlético de Madrid.....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
tarquin even when things go well you always find a reason to get sad..:wallbang:

Why woudn't Athletic fight for titles and CL spot in the short term?

Why shouldn't Athletic be capable of offering an ambitious project to Valverde, Laporte and many others?

Even though in the case of Laporte I agree this is the most probable outcome -based on his interviews, at least he is not a liar like others- this is not the kind of thoughts just after beating Osasuna 1-5, no?

Didn't watch the game, anyway, do you think Athletic is capable of taking one step forward and be competitive (and hopefully win) our next games? Definately champions league material: Atlético (cup), Real Madrid (league), Real Madrid (cup, if we beat Atlético)...
Just being realistic Iribar.

Poor old LLorente.

The only liar is Urrutia who wants to assett strip the club of players,regardless of the "buy out clauses"...which as we have seen are totally nominal and fully negotiable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts