Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even with Vagner staying in Moscow due to injury, CSKA have won over Krylia in Samara, first time after the match in 2003, when igor Akinfeev made his debut for CSKA (stopping penalty in the progress).

Goals by Alexey Berezutsky after the corner (Zhirkov's low cross passeb by all Krylia defenders and Lesha scored from about 5 meters) and Jo wil excellent strike from free-kick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iy5tDgStERw

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
Great great win. KS always plays us tough and we ALWAYS struggle in Samara, big confidence boosting win. Looks like Jo's off to a good start, I did predict he'd be top scorer and player of the year this year after all :cool:

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
Sweet goal from Jo :thmbup: He's not even left footed, is he?
What's often overlooked is that Jo can score from both feet, best striker in Russia right now without a doubt. Best forward along with Arshavin.

Anyway, two of our main rivals played today. Lokomotiv beat Shinnik 2-1, and Spartak beat Tom 1-0. Too bad for Tom', they played pretty well and had a 100% chance to tie it in the second half. Pletikosa made a save and the follow up shot off the rebound from 1 meter out hit him in the face.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jo's main foot is left (he played as left forward in Corinthians 4-3-3 tactic, also in CSKA have a couple of matches, not full, on the left wing), but his right one is also not for the walking only.

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
He's not bad at all when it comes to the aerial game as well. Scores with both feet, excellent technique, good in the air, good passer..the guy has it all.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
What's often overlooked is that Jo can score from both feet, best striker in Russia right now without a doubt. Best forward along with Arshavin.
Better than Pavlyuchenko without a doubt? I don't doubt Jo's talent, but until he stays healthy for a full year, I have to give Roman the nod.

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
Imo he is way better all around than Pavlyuchenko, not to mention Pavlyuchenko needs to learn how to score away from Luzhniki. Hopefully JO stays healthy this year, he's a skinny guy and his size doesn't help him considering how rough the defenders in the RPL are.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I agree that he is more talented than Roman, but Pavlyuchenko has scored more goals during Jo's time in Russia. You're right, the RPL is really physical and the question is whether or not Jo can deal with it. Clearly he has the talent to lead the league in goals, but until he does so, I give the Pavlyuchenko the label of best striker in the RPL.

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
Why havent they sold him if theyre not going to use them? I remember that BJK wanted him this season.
Just because he's not a first 11 regular doens't mean we're not going to use him. He's young and it takes time to get playing time let alone make the first 11 in a packed CSKA midfield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts