Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to react :stuckup:

We have two consecutive matches at home: Real Sociedad and Racing Santander and we MUST achieve the 6 points. The Camp Nou is still unbeaten and we must keep this record. Achieving the 6 points will make us recover the confidence and we would keep or increase our gap over our rivals, especially Valencia.

Next two weeks:
Barcelona-R. Sociedad
Barcelona-Racing Santander

Real Madrid-Zaragoza
Real Madrid-Mallorca

Osasuna-Valencia
Villarreal-Valencia

About the match against Real Sociedad. Deco will miss this match because he got the 5th yellow card against Villarreal, so I guess that he'll be replaced by our 12# player, Iniesta. Real Sociedad has done poor matches lately, including their disaster in the Bernabeu and the surprising defeat against Albacete at home. Normally we don't have any problem with Real Sociedad at home, but we must take care to their amazing couple Nihat & Kovacevic.

Again attitude is the most important, if we show our best, we should not have problems with Real Sociedad, so overconfidence is our worst rival. We should show our best image next weekend to close some mouths in Madrid and Valencia. If Barcelona achieves a good result, we would send a message of calm to our fans and our rivals. If we fail, Madrid and Valencia will see that it's possible to catch us.

Real Madrid will receive Zaragoza at home. They should win, although lately Zaragoza has been a huge problem for Madrid, including their draw in the Bernabeu one year ago and, of course, the last Copa final. Zaragoza is not a bad team, but the match is in the Bernabeu.

Valencia will go to El Sadar, one of the hardest stadiums of Primera. Osasuna is doing a good season and they are near the UEFA Cup positions, despite the 4-1 in Montjuic. Valencia could loss some points here, although lately they're winning everything, despite their poor style.

SOM-HI BARÇA! :fero:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
it's time to react after our awful display against villareal

we must shut the mouths of all the madridistas and valencianistas by convincingly winning our next game VS sociedad at home and proving that the 3-0 defeat was only an accident,any other result would a total failure!!

deco is suspended for accumulating 5 yellow cards this season(i'm really worried about his absence because we'll miss his winning mentality and his defensive work),iniesta will replace him in the midfield and i really wish to see him in his best day.

probable line-up:

---------------------------valdes-----------------------

belletti-------------puyol-------------oleguer-----------------gio----

------------------------marquez------------

------------iniesta--------------xavi-----------------------

giuly-----------------------------------------ronaldinho--

-------------------eto'o------------------------

SOME-HI BARCA :star:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
We so need to win this match if not the other teams , Valenica/ Madrid has a big chance to get closer to us tough I don't think we have so much to fear because we are the home team and if we show our class like we have done (no I don't care about the Villareal match:pp) I can't hope for anything else then all the points. Hm, Deco missing? atleast he isn't injured..

I think Valencia will lose some points on these matches tough it's hard too predict because they seem to win without playing some good football( no offence to the valencia supporters :)). Real Madrid are at home so it's hard to say anything..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Barcelona must get 6 points from these games and set a comfortable lead to go into the away game against sevilla, although i have an element of doubt with the sociedad game, i know we wil not lose but i have a feeling we will end up after the 2 matches with 4 points instead of 6

however, Barca must show a good come back and win convincingly like they did after the defeat against betis

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
At Home, three points are a must. The team has been a bit rusty away for the past few games. But at home they have been more than convincing(apart from the last game I think) and should continue as it is. The Camp Nou should continue as a fortress.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Picking up 3 points will be a must at this stage with Madrid getting back into form although they were pretty lucky to get 3 points on Saturday.
I hope we don't have any injury worries for this one.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
good luck barca!
with bellitti and VB i can trust our defense!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Real Sociedad have been hit-and-miss this season, so I am not sure which side will show up at the Nou Camp. They do tend to play very well against the big teams, though.

If they have one of their better games, I can't see Barcelona winning this one unless they improve drastically from their previous four or five games.

Will Rijkard's men hit the panick button now that Valencia and Real Madrid are visible in their rear mirror?

I can't wait to see how Barcelona perform under pressure. This game is important for confidence and morale, anything less than three points and the situation will turn into a mini-crisis.

If I was Rijkard I would rest Ronaldinho for this game, he needs a rest. But I don't think he will get one because Barcelona need to get back on track in the league.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have a feeling that Erreala will sit back to the death like they did in the Camp Nou last season. But at that time, Ronaldinho was in form :moan: We really need to get that first goal, because I can see this match being very, very frustrating.

Lets hope the mauling by Villarreal provides some motivation for the squad, because champions fight back from when they have been beaten. And Valencia and Madrid have received enough excitement from our woes as it is :yuck:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Like always, Sociedad will be a tough nut to crack. It took a last-minute Ronaldinho free-kick to send them back north empty-handed last year, but lets hope we take our chances better this time round. In any case, all this talk of impending disaster is ridiculous; in fact, I think we will win by a considerable margin.

·
Registered
436 Posts
3ksnd said:
pressure getting to you Barca ? :tongue:
Pressure? ... what pressure?.
May I remember you the aim of your "dream-club" was to catch us by Christmas?.
So, since this is not achieved you should better say instead: "Oh, man, still 7 points...".

And I will add: First part of the Liga not yet over. Got it?

:broken: :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If Barcelona achieves a good result, we would send a message of calm to our fans and our rivals. If we fail, Madrid and Valencia will see that it's possible to catch us.
Exactly why the game is so crucial. One to calm the fans and two to show the rivals that the earlier loss was not a trend but a bad game in between.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts