Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, the winter break is over. Lets get back to football :thmbup:

Playing at El Madrigal is no easy task, and we will definitely have a game on our hands. Villarreal have had a disappointing season as of late due to injuries and key players not being in form, but they have one man who could decide this match: Juan Román Riquelme. Some of the football he has showed this season has been outstanding, and I'm pretty sure he will be fired up for this one. Rafael Márquez will have a massive job in trying to keep him quiet.

Looking at the Barça front, there should be no real changes in the squad apart from Giuly possibly replacing Iniesta. We really need new faces and the sooner we get them, the better. If we do win here, we're going to have to work our socks off for it, that's for sure. With Real Mandril playing Atlético and Valencia playing Levante, there's a good chance that our rivals could drop points.

Som-hi nois! :shades:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Tricky match... I've never liked to play against Villarreal in that small stadium and this team has lately given us some nightmares. Riquelme is better than ever in Spain and Forlán might be as bad as you want, but he's scoring goals and Guayre lately too. I think that they're missing some people in defense. Let's hope to do better than in the last 2 away matches (Getafe and Albacete), because Villarreal won't forgive as they our last 2 rivals did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I remember watching them against Madrid earlier this season, and only getting a 0-0. This was undeserved (Villarreal should have won), but what stood out more than anything, was their inefficiency in front of goal. If they play like this against Barca, I think the game might evolve a lot like the two previous away games, with Villarreal on the ball a lot, but with Barca grabbing the points...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
I think its ridiculous for Riquelme to have such a clause. I remember the media had a field day when a loaned Munitis scored against Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago, but we shouldn't pander to such foolishness. I think we can keep Riquelme at bay, it won't be such a problem.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Barca Rule said:
I think its ridiculous for Riquelme to have such a clause. I remember the media had a field day when a loaned Munitis scored against Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago, but we shouldn't pander to such foolishness. I think we can keep Riquelme at bay, it won't be such a problem.
Of course, but when we're paying a big part of his salary in Villarreal, I think that it's not necessary to reinforce our rivals with such a good player. Maybe it's not very "ethical", but if we lose because of him, we are going to regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Barca Rule said:
I think its ridiculous for Riquelme to have such a clause. I remember the media had a field day when a loaned Munitis scored against Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago, but we shouldn't pander to such foolishness. I think we can keep Riquelme at bay, it won't be such a problem.
I think it is ridiculous that he dosen't have it. There is no point in not installing such a clause if it is possible, and i think it is ethical to do so considering that we paid his transfer from Boca, while allowing Villarreal to have him on loan (and still paying a lot of his wages). If we drop points because of Riquelme, we can only blame our own arrogance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
Yes, finally back with football!:D

This match will be a hard because they are a very strong hometeam and know how to play, but I can't expect anything else then a victory because we are the better team.

Barca Rule said:
I think its ridiculous for Riquelme to have such a clause. I remember the media had a field day when a loaned Munitis scored against Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago, but we shouldn't pander to such foolishness. I think we can keep Riquelme at bay, it won't be such a problem.
Well I agree with you NOW, but if we lose and Riquelme scores then am going to be pissed;)
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
Uh, why?

Stupidity is not a good thing. And letting YOUR players play AGAINST you is as stupid as it can get. Football is hard enough without actually paying players to play against you. In fact it should be standard that loaned players can't ever play against the club loaning them out, too much of a conflict of interests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
this is gonna be very tough, i hate playin at el madrigal, funnily enuff i might up eating my words but i dont think riquelme will hurt us, i have just got this feeling that we will keep him quite for the best part of the game, Guayre is gonna be a problem, and we will be shown up if forlan manages to get on the score sheet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
finally the football is back!!

villareal is very good team at home and it's always difficult to get points from el madrigal
certainly villareal wasn't that good last year and they lacked positive results and that's why they'll try to boost their confidence by beating us!!

riquelme has been palying some wonderful football there lately and if we can keep him quite victory is ours!!
there's others sources of danger(the argentinian contingent) with figueroa,sorin guayre,forlan and hector font but we have puyol to retain them we'll certainly benefit from their bad defence(very slow) and hopefully eto'o and dinho will make the difference!!! :crazy:

i expect a close fough match maybe a 0-1 or a 1-2!!!

SOM-HI BARCA :boxing: :fero:
 

·
Commander of the OSE
Joined
·
780 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Uh, why?

Stupidity is not a good thing. And letting YOUR players play AGAINST you is as stupid as it can get. Football is hard enough without actually paying players to play against you. In fact it should be standard that loaned players can't ever play against the club loaning them out, too much of a conflict of interests.
Imagine Inter reaching the Champions League final with a brilliant Veron as their star player, but not being able to use Veron in the final because they're playing Chelski...

:yuck:

One player cannot play for 2 teams. He's either a Villarreal player or a Barcelona player, can't be both. He's registered as a Villarreal player, so Villarreal should be able to play them whenever they want to.

If you believe this is stupid from Barcelona's side, I agree with you. It is stupid to not want a player like Riquelme in your squad. Barcelona believes Riquelme is not good enough to play for them, so why would they be worried playing against him?
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Dr. Laborious said:
Barcelona believes Riquelme is not good enough to play for them, so why would they be worried playing against him?
Because Barcelona should think that Riquelme is good enough to win a match by himself, even if he doesn't fit in the current Barça... and definitely Riquelme can win a match by himself.
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Dr. Laborious said:
Imagine Inter reaching the Champions League final with a brilliant Veron as their star player, but not being able to use Veron in the final because they're playing Chelski...

:yuck:

One player cannot play for 2 teams. He's either a Villarreal player or a Barcelona player, can't be both. He's registered as a Villarreal player, so Villarreal should be able to play them whenever they want to.

If you believe this is stupid from Barcelona's side, I agree with you. It is stupid to not want a player like Riquelme in your squad. Barcelona believes Riquelme is not good enough to play for them, so why would they be worried playing against him?
There are so many variables that I can't agree with your post.

The contract is owned by one team and the salary (in most cases) paid for the other. So there is money shared by both clubs. In some cases, the club that onws the player's contract also pays part of the salary, in this case its an eveb bigger reason not to let that player play against them.

To go back to your case, if (I say if, as an example) Inter and Chelsea play each other and Chelsea are paying part of Veron's contract, why would they allow Veron to play against them? :googly:

By the way, most teams allow for loaned players to play against them anyway, but I can understand the reason behind not allowing them to play.
 

·
Commander of the OSE
Joined
·
780 Posts
barça said:
To go back to your case, if (I say if, as an example) Inter and Chelsea play each other and Chelsea are paying part of Veron's contract, why would they allow Veron to play against them? :googly:
The best player of a team not being allowed to play in the final would obviousely cause an outrage.
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Dr. Laborious said:
The best player of a team not being allowed to play in the final would obviousely cause an outrage.
Maybe, but thats why contracts are drawn up before hand.
 
1 - 20 of 254 Posts
Top