Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first match of 2005, hopefully this new year is good and full of trophies for Valencia... and full of defeats for Levante :D

They hate us, I hate them. Let's kick some blaugrana asses this Saturday.

Date: 8/1/05
Kick-off time: 22:00h
Stadium: Mestalla

AMUNT VALÈNCIA!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Important game for us. Barcelona and Madrid have tough games and i expect them both to drop points so we really have to win this, plus this being a derby it would boost the morale of our players, I'm expecting a big performance by our team, let's hope I don't get disappointed for the umpteenth time this season..

Line up: Cañizares, Moretti, Marco Caneira, D. Navarro, Curro Torres; Fiore, Marchena, Baraja, Rufete, Aimar, Mista.

Fiore starting on the left and Marchena in for Albelda. No Ayala once again.

AMUNT VALENCIA!! :fero:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
The midfield looks like a scramble to me! Aimar is playing on the left, Marchena, Baraja and Fiore in the center and non of these three seem to know what their roles are.. especially Fiore who seems lost out there! Mista is having a pretty bad game, missed 2 great chances, one which could've been a contender for goal of the season, after fantastic 1 touch passing between Aimar and Baraja.

I must say that Aimar on the left isn't looking like a bad idea, since he's not really playing as apure left winger but more like Ronaldinho with Barcelona, roaming around but the problem is Fiore is not doing his part.

2nd half kick off.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Goal? ref says yes GOAL!! 2-0 Mista!!

Watching the replay I must say I don't think it was a goal.. Mista seemed to handle the ball and I'm not sure if it actually crossed the line either! Fantastic delivery by Fiore though!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Oh!!! Aimar almost gets the goal he deserves with a cracking shot but the keeper got a touch on it and it bounced off the bar! Unlucky!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
MoMo said:
Goal? ref says yes GOAL!! 2-0 Mista!!

Watching the replay I must say I don't think it was a goal.. Mista seemed to handle the ball and I'm not sure if it actually crossed the line either! Fantastic delivery by Fiore though!
It wasn't a goal.. :groan: tough no one could see if it was a goal or not without the replay..

Your first goal was really fine:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
MoMo said:
I watched several replays and I still can't judge if it went in or not! :googly:
I don't think it was in because on one picture you can see the goalie taking the ball right at the line but it doesn't mather because Levante has scored :tongue: hehe

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Uffff... FULLTIME!! 3 points in the bag. :)

In the absence of Vicente, I think this was the best formation to play, we just need Fiore(who is improving) to get in form and we'll do well.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Ahh you were lucky winning the game (considering the second goal was not in) but you dominated the second half so it was "deserved".

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
MoMo said:
I watched several replays and I still can't judge if it went in or not! :googly:
Seriously after watching this game,we need freaking technical help in football!Spanish refs tends to be horrible,this one takes the cake.It wasnt over the line,clearly.The keepers knee was barely on the goal line,and he was crouched up and had the back on his stomach,not near his knee,hence not over the goal line.And how the heck could the ref see that?:D he was easily manipulated by the valencia players who celebrated the goal.And yeah,it was offside and a handball too:D 3 major wrongs in the same goal,and it was still valid hehe.I feel sorry for Moran,Levantes keeper,he was ferious after the game,ready to punch the ref.

Btw,Nice move my Aimar :shades: if you know wich one I'm refering too.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Osman said:
Seriously after watching this game,we need freaking technical help in football!Spanish refs tends to be horrible,this one takes the cake.It wasnt over the line,clearly.The keepers knee was barely on the goal line,and he was crouched up and had the back on his stomach,not near his knee,hence not over the goal line..
Yes, his knees were barely on the line but the ball wasn't on his stomach, he pulled the ball into his stomach, that's why it's too difficult to judge even after replays IMO. Baraja was offside, yes, but I guess the linesman considered that he wasn't interfering with the play..

Osman said:
Btw,Nice move my Aimar :shades: if you know wich one I'm refering too.
The 'nutmeg' that Pooh already mentioned? ;) I've seen him do it many times before.. makes me howler everytime!

But IMO, the move of the match was the one in the first half. Baraja to Aimar, back heel to Baraja, one tough pass back to Aimar, one touch pass to Mista who is one on one but he fvcked it up with a poor finish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont see how this is a big loss for Valencia.
Aimar has only had 1 great year at The Mestalla where he has really shown - that was in '03. Incidentally, that wasnt a very good year for Valencia in the League or the CL. He has never put together a string of consistent performances as far as i can remember (Valencia fans, feel free to correct me if i am mistaken) and is the kind of player that is too hot and cold so to speak - fades in and out of games too much. I reckon a player should be judged on PERFORMANCE first and foremost, instead of being overrated entirely on reputation. He had great days with River Plate and has more potential and talent than the whole Valencia team put together, but he has hardly been anywhere near as influential to his team's success as his team mates Baraja, Albelda, Ayala, and Vicente. Last season, Valencia did superbly without him featuring regularly (he played only 20 odd games, a lot of substitutions - once again, correct me if am wrong) so they obviously can live without him.
Could Valencia ever manage to be a strong, competitive side without figures like Baraja, Albelda or Vicente? I doubt they would - if someone could mention an occasion when either of these 3 players have been injured and post how good/poor Valencia were in their absence that would put everything into perspective. We know that they could do without having Aimar as a permanent fixture.

This is simply my opinion, feel free to argue or correct me if I have missed anything.
the above has been quoted by spirit - of - srt in other thread where he was doubting Aimar's conibution to valencia , i think this match showed you a little bit of Aimar' performance and his contribution to his team, it is not always the player who scores goals is the key figure but it is always the player who keeps his team play to the best level which is very important , the player which gets his teammates out of difficult situations and assisting them,he is one of the best playmakers in the world along with the genuis requilme ( with zidane level is not the same of 2 years ago i think these 2 players are the best in this position and this will be proved during this summer confedration cup and next year world cup )

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Can someone tell me how the LB Moretti played?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts