Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan have three games in a week, against Ancona, Siena on Wednesday and Bologna next weekend. On paper, Milan should be able to beat all these teams, but as we all know, football isn't played on paper. :rolleyes:

Inter are at Modena and Juventus at Empoli. Roma are at home to Udinese and Parma to Bologna. On paper :), Juventus and Roma should win.

Channel 4 match preview:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/mil-anc.html

BTW, I hope I'm not infringing on anyone's "territory" (specifically that of our new FM!) by opening these match threads.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
anybody can open a match thread ruffian, no worries. well maybe kris might get bothered what with him having dictatorial aspirations and all;-)

about the game it should be a win. ancona hasnt won a game this season although they have strengthened their squad with dino baggio as the newest addition. they also have jardel and we dont know what to expect of him.

that being said this is the exactly the type of game we draw. we have to get past our bad habit of playing down to the opposition because these are the games that win you scudetti. if simic manmarks rapaic that should kill their offence because theres no other player who can do much to set things up. and simic obviously knows him well so that should be to our advantage.

sheva supported by kaka and ruicosta will probably be the offence. the more time these three play together (particularly ruicosta and kaka) the better they should get and itll hopefully set us up well for the stretch run.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Big week for us. It starts with this match which should be a win. Anything less than that and it will be a major disappointment. Roma and Juventus don't fail against these teams, so we can't either.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
dino baggio

is he like 40 ;)....reinforcement my ass :tongue:

we got this one hopefully :D

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
Another must-win.
Hopefully we'll play good this time though. It's been a while since we really bash any team in the San Siro, with a large amount of goals scored and all...

I hope we don't have to wait till another derby for that, it's getting boring. ;)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call-ups according to acmilan.com:

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Taddonio (n.44)

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Redondo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

ATTACKERS: Borriello, Shevchenko, Tomasson

Ancelotti says he'll be playing two men up front. The better to break through Ancona's ten-man defense, I suppose. :rolleyes:

SoccerAge preview (too favorable, I'm afraid it might jinx us):
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s8238.html
and prediction:
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s8236.html

I haven't seen Jardel play in a looooong time.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Sheva pen scores 62min 1-0
Rui costa scores a goal :eek: :eek: 69min 2-0
JDY pen 78th minutes 3-0
currently 80th minutes

·
Super Moderator
13,642 Posts
GGOOOAAAL UDINESE!!!!! 1-1 at Olimpico.

We're destroying Ancona just like I wanted. :cool:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Glen said:
Dubious handball = 1 - 0
Rui Costa ( :eekani: ) = 2 - 0
Free kick outside the area translates to penalty = 3 - 0

How will the moralists ever cope :D ?
That is one out of 3 goals correct, so we would have own anyway. :D Are you watching the game?

Been some great results this day, no let's hope the ref sinks Juve to finish it off. :D

Milan - Ancona 5-0
Kaka 2
Sheva
JDT
Rui

Roma Udinese 1-1
Modena Inter 1-1

:D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
JKris said:
That is one out of 3 goals correct, so we would have own anyway. :D Are you watching the game?
Nah- I was just pulling legs here ;).

Gazzetta said both pk's were sort of dodgy, and while obviously the first goal was important I have no doubts you would have won anyway. It's Ancona at San Siro afterall :).

For reasons of the past I obviously had to chime in anyway :D .

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The highlight for today is that finally after 3 years of joining us RUI COSTA has got his name for a goal!!!

Mamma Mia!!! :cool:!!!! Voila!!! :)

A thumping win ... goals galore and Roma is under pressure now!!! This job as Laudrup has said must be finished vs. Siena to take home the advantage we have made today!

This is what our gifted midfield can do when played properly in the right place!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
magnificent!

this is my MILAN!!!!!!!!!! 5 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

and RUI :eek: :dazed: :eek: FINALLY!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
a great result and hopefully weve fixed our problem of struggling against the smaller teams. it looked like it was gonna be one of those games and then 5 goals late!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Great result and a solid performance!:thumbsup:

Bravo tutti!!!

I just want to say one thing:

WE HAVE IN KAKA, THE WORLD'S BEST PLAYER IN 2-3 YEARS!!!.

This kid is phenomenal!!!!:eek::proud:

8 goals in 15 Serie A games so far!!!!Milan's 2nd scorer this season. And all this, from midfield. And without even mentionning his tremendously important goal in Brugges and other great players, actions and moves that leave you speechless!!!:eek:

Totti, who?:howler:

FORZA SMOKING BIANCO!!!:proud::star: :cool:

I'm also extremely delighted for Rui to have finally unlocked what seemed like a curse cast on him in Serie A!!!!FORZA MUSAGETE!!!:thumbsup: :proud: Hopefully this goal will free him in order to play with less pressure and give him more confidence in himself and he will continue scoring a few more this season in our quest for an historic Treble!!! BRAVO RUI!!!:proud:

And what can we more say about Lo Tzar? 15 goals in Serie A so far!!!:eek::dazed: If he continues like that, he'll break all the records!!!!:eek: :stuckup:
FORZA LO TZAR!!! :proud:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:proud: :heart:

P.S. Roma tied at home to Udinese :D and as usual, the Perdenti faithful to their name, :howler:. Let's hope that Empoli plays the game of their lives against the Gobbi!!!:)

FORZA EMPOLI!!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts