Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time to extend our 100% home record :cap:

Ronaldinho and Márquez have slight knocks but they should recover for the big game. It's also likely that we'll see Belletti returning to the first XI, which would relegate Damià to the bench. Giuly is another player who should be fit for the game, but I think Iniesta deserves to start after scoring in twice in his last two starts. I would be very disappointed if I saw Iniesta on the bench, because he's done more good in two weeks than Giuly has done in two months and I think it would be sending out the wrong message to Andrés.

Valencia have returned to form, but that's only due to their relatively easy fixtures as of late. They are still not playing well and Ranieri is very much under pressure even if Valencia are in the top four. But saying that, we can not underestimate a side like Valencia, who could have one or two stars back from injury.

If we show hunger in this game, then the 3 points should be ours. We have played brilliantly at home and there's no reason why we should stop now. With the next 2 games at home, it should be an excellent opportunity to extend our lead over the rest.

Som-hi nois! :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
It is definitely not the same Valencia, that Real Madrid faced earlier in the season, even despite their set back in Champions' League. They're playing better and although they've been lucky to gain some narrow 1:0 victories lately we should treat them with respect, after all they're still champions (only until june hopefully :) )

Besides teams like Valencia can concentrate in big games and with all the prestige this match brings and the fact that we haven't lost a point at home yet, they will be double motivated.

Fortunately the same can be said about Barça. We have won with much less trouble against Madrid than we did against Numancia for example. Our players give 101% in these kind of games and are extremly determined (e.g. vs. Milan).

These facts make me much more confident before this game, because I know we will play to win not saving strenght for Levante in the middle of next week. Especially that last year Valencia won at Camp Nou.

On the other hand Valencia's style of football doesn't suit Barça much, but that's not an issue Barça couldn't handle.

Can't wait to see this game.

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is our last big game against one of the big 3 at home. We must win here to show our strength and capability to win the league. We face them at a time when they have recovered Ayala and Vicente but they are still unconvincing. If we play to our level and don't allow them to play their football we win will easily. Come on Barça!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you play like against Real or Milan,it will not be any problem.
If Barca scores first I think you will win the game.Valencia players did not show much nerves when they are losing.
I think Iniesta should start with Lud. G. coming in in second half!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I hope Valencia turn up with a good starting eleven and really play at their best. I'm a Barca fan but first and foremost a football fan. Spanish football needs Valencia to be strong and playing well. As much as I love our league position, having such a lopsided competition at the top feels like it's cheapening our victories somewhat.
I hope for a stylish, fluid game...something that displays the very best attributes of La Liga to the world, between the champions and the champions-elect. A repeat of the 3-2 of 2000 would be nice. :proud:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Ahh can't wait for the game!:)
I only hope for a win,because they are a very strong and good team and no matter how bad they play they are still one of the big ones..but ofcourse I don't mind a result like when we played r-madrid:D

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
We should be able to deal with Valencia no problems, but these matches are always tricky, as Valencia are the type of team who might have a revival against a big, in-form team like Barcelona. Needless to say, however, they have been more than disappointing this year, and the way they ruined their Champions League campaign in front of the faithful hordes at the Mestalla is appalling and will surely have dealt them a psychological blow. Being cautious is the key, and so far, Barcelona have shown the mental moxie for these types of matches. If nothing goes wrong, we will win.

On the other hand, Espanyol and Madrid have hypothetically easy matches against Numancia and Santander respectively. They will be tricky, however, as they are away from home. If Real Madrid fail to win and we capitalize on that with a win, their season could very well be over.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I can see it... we win, we're only 7 points ahead of you, then you start losing games and Valencia takes the lead and win la Liga :D

Nah... I'm worried about this match, we'll probably lose if we play like vs. Numancia or Werder Bremen, and your team is very strong this year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If one thing has happened for me, is that it's really made me realize how important Marquez has become to this squad. And to think we had trade rumors about him in the beginning of the season. Good think we kept him.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Marquez is an average player that due tothe injuries has become important. He has the worst pass ratio of any Cule and can't make a long pass to save his life.

However I agree, its good for Barcelona to have him, he is a good complimentary player.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
barça said:
Marquez is an average player that due tothe injuries has become important. He has the worst pass ratio of any Cule and can't make a long pass to save his life.

However I agree, its good for Barcelona to have him, he is a good complimentary player.
you're a bit harsh against him!!
certainly he's not the best passer around,but his contibution to the balance of the team is just indispensable!! ;)

·
21,026 Posts
Maybe harsh, but I think that if Edmilson was not hurt, Marquez would rotate with Oleguer in the back.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
barça said:
Maybe harsh, but I think that if Edmilson was not hurt, Marquez would rotate with Oleguer in the back.
u made a valid point but marquez is better than all our DM's IMO!!
and if gabri wasn't injured damia would still be in the B team,if giuly wasn't injured iniesta would be in the bench................!! :eek: ;)
these injuries allow us to discover some new faces and it also shows that la masia is still producing great talents!! :smileani:

·
21,026 Posts
fc barcelona said:
u made a valid point but marquez is better than all our DM's IMO!!
and if gabri wasn't injured damia would still be in the B team,if giuly wasn't injured iniesta would be in the bench................!! :eek: ;)
these injuries allow us to discover some new faces and it also shows that la masia is still producing great talents!! :smileani:
Indeed, FCB has done a good job of covering the injuries and showed that the B team is solid.

About Marquez being meant to play; I think that FCB has shown that players that are brought must perform in order to get playing time. Just becuase the transfer is made, doesn't mean that the starting spot is secured, unlike other teams. Rustu, Quaresma and others are big examples.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Marquez might not be Xavi :star: when it comes to passing but remember that he is a player who is used to play in defence,
nonetheless his timing, tackling, and sense of play have come handy more than once and with Xavi and Deco in midfield do we really need another passer :thmbup:
but i agree that edmilson is a far superior player and when he comes back he will dominate that position

1 - 20 of 271 Posts