Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Just a question. Since Albelda and Sissoko both are out who do you think will partner Baraja in the centre of the midfield ? Plus do you guys have any other options on the left side of defence other than Emiliano Moretti since Carboni is out for the game, and Moretti has been pretty shabby this season so far.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
husain_14 said:
Just a question. Since Albelda and Sissoko both are out who do you think will partner Baraja in the centre of the midfield ? Plus do you guys have any other options on the left side of defence other than Emiliano Moretti since Carboni is out for the game, and Moretti has been pretty shabby this season so far.
One option is playing with Marchena in the midfield and the defence could be Torres-Navarro-Caneira-Moretti. About the left side of the defence, we could also use Fabio Aurelio, but he's injured.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Caneira is okay I guess. Been following him since he was at Inter. But what about Navarro and Torres ? Reliable ?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
without ayala valencia's defense is vulnerable!! :eek:
IMO curro torres and navarro are not reliable plus there's not a good understanding between navarro and marchena!!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I'd be lying if I said I'm optimistic ahead of this game.. On current form, I don't see us getting a result out of the Nou Camp. Our midfield for this game looks solid on paper but it'd form that matters. I like the idea of playing Marchena in the middle because he usually performs well there and I think that his passing is actually better than Albelda's! Plus we'll need someone to give Ronaldinho a tough time and I think Marchena is capable of doing that.. just hope he doesn't get himself sent off! I think Baraja will have a big game(or atleast I hope so) especially now that he's surrounded with players who are good on the ball(Vicente, Fiore and Aimar) to carry some of the weight off him unlike Angulo, Rufete and Xisco who are mostly hardworkers... And let's hope that Aimar, Fiore and Vicente provide the magic. Upfront, for this game and only this game I'd start Corradi because Barcelona seem to struggle on set piece so Corradi could be vital for us, plus I think Puyol would mark Di Vaio/Mista out of the game while Corradi's physical presence can hel us alot. I'm worried about the defence though, Eto'o and Ronaldinho can cause havoc amongst our defence with their pace and skill.

I disagree with those who say Moretti hasn't been performing well, he's actually one of our best performers in the last few games and he's my first choice for the left back position(btw Carboni is out due to technical reasons).

This could be the turning point of our season.

My line up: Canizares; Curro Torres:sigh:, Caneira, Navarro, Moretti; Fiore, Marchena, Baraja, Vicente; Aimar; Corradi

AMUNT VALENCIA!! :fero:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ficha técnica

FC Barcelona: Valdés; Belletti, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst, Xavi, Márquez, Iniesta, Deco, Ronaldinho y Eto'o.

Valencia: Cañizares, Curro Torres, Navarro, Caneira, Moretti, Fiore, Marchena, Baraja, Vicente, Aimar y Corradi.

Árbitro: Puentes Leira

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
fc barcelona said:
they should be happy with this result!! :sigh:
I would've been happy with the result if you gave it to me before kick off, but the way it panned out I'm disappointed. 1-0 up, against 10 men we should've got all 3 points but Ranieri was too scared to go for it, he got his tactics right at the beginning, but after the sending off, he should've brought Aimar on straight away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
fc barcelona said:
they should be happy with this result!! :sigh:
please ... before the game, i expected a draw but after 0-1 and Valdes's red card i expected 3 points and now i'm a bit down. I think Barca should be more happy with the result. Valencia played quite well this game (esp second half) i hope they'll be as good as they SHOULD be.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe you say Valencia played a good game... come on! It's just not true. We played like a small team, and Fiore's goal was lucky and after an off-side... Barcelona had more chances to score and deserved more. Yes, I'm partially happy with the result, but disappointed again with the performance. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
We used to play worse than some small teams (defeated by Getafe, that's shit) but i look at the bright side, it was better yesterday in the second half. The first half sucked as we could only defend our arses (badly), Marchena almost got me a heart attack but that what he always do haha. One chance one goal, not happen many times as our attack suck as well this season.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Our ballpossession was 30% something to Barca 60% something for the whole 90 mins. and we have been playing like that in the past few games. We waited for that slip and we were able converted into goal. Yeah, u can say we scored from Barca's mistake but we did score. And right May, defeated by Getafe is shit and I say a drawl with Barca, the hottest team right now, is good considering our performances under this new Itatian regime. Real Madrid lost 3-0 to them didn't they? And personally I think Aimar is wasted under this new coach. A sub for Fiore?? Come on! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I just got to know how Ronnie earned the penalty. And it seems the Fiore goal was on-side (covered by someone)... Anyone can confirm?
May said:
We used to play worse than some small teams (defeated by Getafe, that's shit) but i look at the bright side, it was better yesterday in the second half. The first half sucked as we could only defend our arses (badly), Marchena almost got me a heart attack but that what he always do haha. One chance one goal, not happen many times as our attack suck as well this season.
I see Barca in your team list, but what you say seems against Barca. A bit weird really...

???

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
I just got to know how Ronnie earned the penalty. And it seems the Fiore goal was on-side (covered by someone)... Anyone can confirm?
IMO, it was offside... but anyway, leaving out this action. It's true that Ronnie dived, but it's also true that David "Al Capone" Navarro did a penalty as big as a piano to Eto'o in the first half when the result was 0-0. It's quite funny to read the Real Madrid forum lately, because you (you, I mean the madridistas, not you personally) compare it with the penalty of Marchena last year, when this damn ref was just awful for both sides.
:nono:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Koeman4 said:
IMO, it was offside... but anyway, leaving out this action. It's true that Ronnie dived, but it's also true that David "Al Capone" Navarro did a penalty as big as a piano to Eto'o in the first half when the result was 0-0. It's quite funny to read the Real Madrid forum lately, because you (you, I mean the madridistas, not you personally) compare it with the penalty of Marchena last year, when this damn ref was just awful for both sides.
:nono:
You meant Raul dived as Ronnie? I'm not defending. But You can say his balancing is poor, when he is "touched" or pressed/ marked by opposite he often falls in the way against Marchena. It was the ref. One would not call the ref off when given a penalty under any situation. Raul was not in Ronnie's situation. It is no doubt Navarro was quilty though.

Whenever Raul falls in the area like that, I am worried. I think Raul would never do that for penalty, (just my opinion). What I worry is the ref is cheated by his eyes (not by Raul's dive) that the opposite pushs down Raul and give Raul a PK. Even if Raul is actually pushed down, I feel uncomfortable and think if it is a PK. Deserved or not, Raul's PK easily gets critics' attention.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
I see Barca in your team list, but what you say seems against Barca. A bit weird really...

???
Do you see Valencia in my team list? yes and i'm more of Valencia fan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts