Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Real Madrid, Valencia and Espanyol all facing tricky away games, this would be an excellent opportunity for us to increase our lead over the rest of the pack. It just shows us how crucial it is to win our away games in places like Getafe.

Malaga's form is best summed up like this: piss poor. They have been giving points away for fun and lost their last game against Albacete - at home :rolleyes: They have power up front with the likes of Wanchope and Amoroso, but to be honest, 3 points should be the only option for us. Hopefully, the the midweek rest will do us some good and show some freshness in our side. Only complacency can stop us in my opinion.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
With Real Madrid, Valencia and Espanyol all facing tricky away games, this would be an excellent opportunity for us to increase our lead over the rest of the pack. It just shows us how crucial it is to win our away games in places like Getafe.

Malaga's form is best summed up like this: piss poor. They have been giving points away for fun and lost their last game against Albacete - at home :rolleyes: They have power up front with the likes of Wanchope and Amoroso, but to be honest, 3 points should be the only option for us. Hopefully, the the midweek rest will do us some good and show some freshness in our side. Only complacency can stop us in my opinion.
Agree, I believe we can have a 2-0 lead in 1:st and then rest a few players in 2:nd half.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barca_Nordic said:
Agree, I believe we can have a 2-0 lead in 1:st and then rest a few players in 2:nd half.
Let's just hope we don't crumble with the 2-0 lead like we did against Getafe. ;)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
We play at home vs Malaga and Real Madrid play in El Madrigal(Villarreal) without f*go, Guti and Zidane. This is indeed a great chance to increase the gap.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Dream Team said:
We play at home vs Malaga and Real Madrid play in El Madrigal(Villarreal) without f*go, Guti and Zidane. This is indeed a great chance to increase the gap.
Butragueño has said that some more players will be rested as well, because of their crucial game against Roma in the CL.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Yes, the midweek rest will do a world of good. The players looked tired against Getafe during the 2nd half.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i won't tolerate to drop points against malaga,they in a very bad form so we must win this game especially that the other big guns face tricky away games!!
it's also an opportunity to rotate players!!
SOM-HI NOIS!! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
3 points in the bag,
Malaga are really week defensively but i still fear the likes of wanchope, amoroso, and edgar as they would like to prove themselves against a big team, however i dont expect them causing much trouble to the lads at the back
i would like to see Gio, Deco and Etoo rested during the game and i wouldnt mind seeing Leo Messi playing for a whole half

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Another tricky match. In theory, it should be an easy match, especially playing at home, but I don't forget that the 2 worst matches of the season were against Numancia in Barcelona and last week against Getafe. Again our rival is ourselves, if the player take seriously this match, we won't have any problem, but if we speculate as we did in Getafe, we can have a surprise. An early goal would help a lot.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Totally agree. A lot of matches look easy on paper and perhaps this is our downfall - we take them too lightly. We have to pretend this is a CL final and go hard (not totally running ourselves into the ground) but very seriously and professionally, and no doubt we will win.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
This didn't seem like a tough match last year and i thought it would be our turning point but we ended up losing 5-0, to an even weaker side last year..
We should not take them lightly, learn from the mistakes against Getafe and play with the same intensity throughout the whole match, if the forwards don't perform in the second half(which they never do) we should work messi, and iniesta into the team..

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Mathias04 said:
This didn't seem like a tough match last year and i thought it would be our turning point but we ended up losing 5-0, to an even weaker side last year..
We should not take them lightly, learn from the mistakes against Getafe and play with the same intensity throughout the whole match, if the forwards don't perform in the second half(which they never do) we should work messi, and iniesta into the team..
It was 5-1 ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, and it was not in the nou camp when we lost last season. There really is no way Málaga should be able to get anything from this game, but then again, could they possible be weaker than Numancia? We needed a goal from a corner (imagine, it has happened!) to claim a win against them, but we no longer have Larsson to aim high crosses at, if we need to resort to these measures late on. As mentioned earlier, this could be an excellent opportunity to put some (more) distance to the rest, so let's hope Rikjaard can motivate the squad better than against Getafe, so we avoid getting into any tricky situations again...

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
We really need to get back to holding onto the ball for largely the entire match. Against Celtic and Getafe we didn't get the ball and hold onto it. This is something we need to do against such teams. Possession will be the key.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
giuly is out for a week so he'll miss the games against malaga and shaktar!!
iniesta will probably replace him in these games!! :jester:

·
Registered
476 Posts
fc barcelona said:
giuly is out for a week so he'll miss the games against malaga and shaktar!!
iniesta will probably replace him in these games!! :jester:
Don't say it's a knee injury ???

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I dont like the case, that deco,xavi and iniesta play together in the way, rijkaard did the last game...
deco is in an amazing form, but when he is put in the "giuly position" he isnt "Deco"
i would start with iniesta in the "giuly position" but pls not deco...

1 - 20 of 244 Posts