Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Pseudo-derby, at least, for the albaceteños. Valencia must confirm their reaction against a weak rival like Albacete. Maybe Momo, Pacheco and Ruben are their main players and none of them is anything special. Anything but a victory would be a failure considering the gap between Valencia and Barcelona.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well for the current Valencia, every away match will be a tough match for them.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Koeman4 said:
and Barcelona.
What? This is the first time i see you refer to barcelona without "perfect machine" :D

This should be an easy game for Valencia. Albacete has been awful this season and even with Valencia not in the best form i still think they'll scrape a 2-0 win.

How long will Aimar and Vicente be out for?

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
How long will Aimar and Vicente be out for?
Aimar is fit, played the last 20mins against Mallorca. ;) Vicente? I have no clue..

Like K4 mentioned, we have to win this game considering the gap between us and Barcelona as I don't see them dropping any points this week at home against Malaga.

Let's hope Ranieri doesn't keep his Corradi as the lone striker formation!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hmm, I don't think looking at Barcelona is an option now, since they're outstanding anyway. Let's pick up on both results AND level before anything other.

Anyway, final rehearsal for the big game on tuesday. Can we get a hopegiving sign tomorrow? :hopefull:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
What? This is the first time i see you refer to barcelona without "perfect machine" :D
We lost some "pieces" of the machine lately, still works though :D Maybe, as binswhacker says, Valencia should not focus in Barça, but in the daily work. Anyway, knowing this, a defeat in Albacete plus a Barça victory could be definitive, at least psychologically, 13 points are too much.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Albacete: Gaspercic; Gaspar u Oscar, Buades, Rubén, Peña; Alvaro, Viaud; Redondo, Pacheco, Marc González; y Mikel o Rubén Castro.

Valencia: Cañizares, Curro Torres, Caneira, David Navarro, Moretti, Rufete, Marchena, Baraja, Xisco, Aimar y Corradi.

Árbitro: Rafael Ramírez Domínguez (C.Andaluz)

AMUNT VALÈNCIA!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Final score: Albacete - Valencia: 0-1 (Xisco,85')

We stole this one! Albacete had the (much) better chances. The goal came out of nowhere, and I think I saw the ball touch the hand of a player (couldn't see who) on its way to the goal.
But like the other games lately, we won by playing (very) badly. Who cares, the important thing are the three points.
Baraja came on for the last five minutes, and did great.
The good: Curro, Carboni, Caneira, Canizares, Navarro, Marchena
The bad: Aimar, DiVaio, Rufete
The ugly: Fiore, Aurelio

Ziad

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Ziad summed it up pretty well. We were crap and deserved nothing but we managed to score... somehow and win it! Great work by Marchena, poor finish by Xisco, lucky deflection off a defender(thought it was Mista at first, but replays showed it was the defender) and it bounces in! :D

Things are looking bright..:
-4 wins in a row(although they were against mediocre sides(Anderlecht have been pretty poor this season..)..)
-Important Players coming back to full fitness, I'm talking about Aimar and Aurelio here since they are not 100% yet but they are getting there.
- Important players coming back from their injuries 'soon'. Albelda, Vicente and Ayala.
- Baraja is regaining form.
- Defence is looking much more solid, not as solid as we were used to but much better than the past few weeks!

Bad points:
- Our strikers are off form(Mista looks the most in form to me)
- Aimar is in bad form, looks to lack confidence aswell as fitness..
- Our wing play is pretty poor. (the return of Aurelio should improve that in the coming weeks until Vicente and Angulo return)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Knowing that Werder won 6-0 away from home... I'm not too confident.

But then again, I think we'll play MUCH better on Tuesday. It's a crucial game and we are at home so I'm expecting our big boys to rise to the occasion, especially Aimar and Baraja! Oh and I thought Marchena did extremely well as the DMC tonight, so I wouldn't mind seeing the same defensive line up on tuesday.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
EUROWATCH: VALENCIA BEAT ALBACETE
Sunday, 05 December 2004 01:19:05
MILAN - Inter's Spanish Champions Valencia won 1-0 away to Albacete in Saturday's Primera Division Week 14 match.

ALBACETE 0-1 VALENCIA

Scorer: Xisco 85

ALBACETE: Gaspercic; Viaud, Gaspar, Rubén, Alvaro; Redondo, Peña, Pacheco, Buades; Rubén Castro (Mikel 55), Mark (Francisco 85)

VALENCIA: Cañizares; Curro Torres, Marchena, David Navarro, Carboni; Fabio Aurelio (Baraja 83), Fiore, Marco Caneira, Rufete; Aimar (Mista 72), Di Vaio (Xisco 72)

Referee: Ramírez Domínguez

Bookings: Viaud, Alvaro, Buades, David Navarro, Curro Torres

inter.it

==============

Ranieri: Albacete better than Valencia
tribalfootball.com - December 5, 2004

Valencia stretched their winning streak to three matches after scoring a late goal to beat minnows Albacete.
With the feel-good factor starting to return to Valencia after back-to-back wins, results which had lifted Claudio Ranieri's side into the top four, they were in danger of taking only a point away from the Carlos Belmonte stadium but Xisco struck two minutes from time to give the Che maximum points.

The 1-0 victory means that Valencia, a club looking to be in terminal decline in early November, are suddenly level on 25 points with second-placed Real Madrid who play at Villarreal on Sunday.

It could have been oh so different though. Albacete's Antonio Pacheco hit the crossbar after just six minutes.

Ruben Castro also missed a great first-half chance, while after the break Gonzalez hit the post following a corner.

Valencia had improved following the interval though and they finally broke the deadlock in the 88th minute.

Carlos Marchena made a run down the right and sent a clean pass to Xisco.

His shot was on target, but flew off of one of his team-mates and into the goal.

"Albacete had scoring chances, we did not allow them to take advantage," said coach Ranieri afterwards.

"We did not play very well and we needed initiative. I believe that we have thought unconsciously about the game on Tuesday against Werder Bremen.

"But the win boosts morale ahead of Werder Bremen and I am pleased with that. Albacete were better than us, but the winners are those who can put the ball in the back of the net."

·
Registered
778 Posts
MoMo said:
- Important players coming back from their injuries 'soon'. Albelda, Vicente and Ayala.

Bad points:
- Aimar is in bad form, looks to lack confidence aswell as fitness..
- Our wing play is pretty poor. (the return of Aurelio should improve that in the coming weeks until Vicente and Angulo return)
A couple of points:
-Seems like Vicente is ready to make his return against Bremen, although he will most probably sit the bench and play very little, if any.
-About Aimar, it seemed to me he was playing out of position against Albacete (either that or he was very well marked and forced out of position by Alabcete defenders, but I doubt it). He played more like a striker than a midfielder, and it showed in Valencia's game: In the first half there was no relay in midfield for the attack and so, very few balls even reached the attackers.
-About our wing play, we basically don't have any at this time! But I think this is done on purpose (tactically) since we don't have the players (on the left) for one.

Ziad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts