Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on Wednesday, January 28, for those who have lost track. This is the game that was postponed for the Intercontinental Cup.

Siena are in the bottom half of the table, although I've seen them play some good football, particularly at home (great stadium!). They took 99 years to climb to Serie A and they don't look like they want to go back to Serie B. Siena is also touted as one of Roque Junior's potential destinations. No comment from me. :D

A win will enable us to catch up with Roma, although Roma can keep the title of "winter champions" as far as I'm concerned. Even more importantly, it would leave us three points ahead of Juventus.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
and it would break our record of 39 pts set last term

FORZA MILAN!

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
sorry,haven't we got Ancona on Sunday before the Siena game or are you talking of this specific game?if so ignore this little scribble.

either way 3pts for both outings.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the thread for Round 18 exists. Nobody seems to have anything to say about it. :( Oh well, as long as the players are aware...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Well, in theory, if we manage to win this game we should match Roma at half way but in reality we shall be ahead of them by 2 points and 5 points of Juve as well.

I believe Nesta is suspended for this game so, we might see Billy stepping in. No Laursen please.

Players to watch out for from Siena are Taddei and Chiesa (if he is playing as I don't know if he is injured or playing). Siena are no pushovers and they do play some brilliant football from time to time and troubled top sides quite often. Hope there is no complacency from Milan.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
bono said:
3 pts, 1st place, 5 ahead of Juve. Period!
And I'd add a couple of goals from Sheva to consolidate even more his leadership in the Capocanonieri race! And also, worth mentioning it, 13 points ahead of the Perdenti!!!:howler:

Life is good!In fact, La Vida Es Un Carnaval!.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!:proud::proud: :star:
Cheers.:)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Well, actually, right no wthsi is a game that I will be happy to win by 0.5-0 ;) First, cause it is so important to capitalize on teh possiblity to go top and then, cause it is in teh midst of teh week and ppl wont be so fresh you know.

Lets see ...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I would be very happy with a 1-0 win, and because it's snowing today in Milan Rui Costa could easily score again on Wendsday

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Call-ups according to acmilan.com:

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Taddonio

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Laursen, Maldini, Pancaro, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Redondo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

FORWARDS: Borriello, Shevchenko, Tomasson

SoccerAge preview:
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s8764.html
and prediction:
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/s8709.html

According to the SoccerAge writer, Roque Junior's loan to Siena is a done deal. :confused:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Siena is very good. We should be very careful for this match. If we play the way we can we can obviously win this game without a doubt. However, Siena can score especially on the counterattack.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
We should get a win and try to optimize the injuries of our players at the same time.

I would accept a scrappy win without any cautions, fatigue and injuries.

Rui scoring again would be icing on the cake! :) :cool: ... perhaps with his left foot this time :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well its obvious what I want to happen - Siena fustrate Milan for 89 minutes before scoring a winner thanx to Nicola Ventola!!!

But I cant see that happening... a calm and confident 2-0 win for Milan... Shevchenko x2

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
The gazzetta probable line-up

Dida; Cafu, Costacurta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Redondo, Seedorf; Kaka, Shevchenko, Tomasson.

Bili-Paolo in CD
Nando instead of Ambrosini???
No Pirlo???
No Rui?!?!

I doubt it!

Its not teh clearest of all 3 pts, due to circumstances ... lets hoep for an early goal.

IN SHEVA WE TRUST! :star:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ancelotti has to rotate the players, Bono. I expected to see Redondo instead of Pirlo (and I'm glad he's finally getting a chance to play a Serie A game, because he's not a Coppa player now that he's back in fine form). I didn't expect Rui Costa to play, and if Maldini is on the pitch for the whole game today, I'd expect him to skip Bologna.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
game starts in about 2 hours....

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Allright, here are the official lineups:

MILAN (4-3-1-2): Dida; Cafu, Costacurta, Maldini, Pancaro; Brocchi, Redondo, Seedorf; Kakà; Tomasson, Shevchenko. All. Ancelotti

ANCONA (4-4-2): Rossi; Cufrè, Argilli, Mignani, Guigou; Taddei, Vergassola, D’Aversa, Fernando,Lazetic; Flo. All. Papadopulo

Forza Milan

1 - 20 of 83 Posts