Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a disappointing draw against Celtic, we have to get back on track and beat Getafe. They are not a brilliant team, but they'll make us work for it. Lets hope our "hangover" doesn't continue into this game :lazy:

I've got to go.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
let's forget the celtic game,the most important is that we are through to the next round!!!
we must beat getafe to consolidate our lead,it won't be an easy game but 3 the points are vital!!
:fero: SOM HI BARCA!!! :fero:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Let's just hope we dont miss too many open and easy chances.

Frankly I am sick of it, one day its gonna bite us in the @$$ and we gonna regret it

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Missed chances. I think every team faces this. Against RM we were pretty effective I would say. It's natural. The thing that worries me slightly is that our heading in the area and long distance shooting ain't the best, and that is pretty vital against teams that pack 11 players in front of their GK. I don't think Getafe would do this though, but teams like Celtic....:wallbang:. Getafe proved against RM that they ain't no push-over.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The thing that worries me is set pieces. We need to be better at defending it and scoring from it. Now that Larsson is out, I can never see Barça have a chance of scoring a header. Whenever there is a corner now, I don't get exciting anymore because I know there is practically no chance Barça will score from a set piece. And whenever we have to defend one, I get very nervous because the majority of the players aren't strong in the air.

Hopefully that won't be an issue against Getafe. We just need to show we are hungry and want the win. If we have the hunger and everything goes our way, we will win for sure. A draw would be a big disappointment here, especially with the expectations on us.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Our problem is that we always give 120% against bigger teams, the same way we did against Real Madrid. Even in our bad seasons, our best performances came against the bigger teams.

If Barcelona wants to win titles, we must give 120% in every single game, play our football with less of the attractive yet useless flicks, and play with hunger. I hope we carry on playing the same way we played against Real Madrid, to impose our authority on the league.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
WAKE UP!

Getafe is not a bad team, if anyone saw them in the Bernabeu, you could watched how this team plays. Obviously, they're not Milan, but they try to play good football and they're especially dangerous at home, where they've got good results. Not an easy match, as all the away matches in La Liga.

The 3-0 against Madrid would be nothing, if they don't win in this kind of stadiums... in places like Getafe is where La Liga must be won.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Koeman4 said:
WAKE UP!

Getafe is not a bad team, if anyone saw them in the Bernabeu, you could watched how this team plays. Obviously, they're not Milan, but they try to play good football and they're especially dangerous at home, where they've got good results. Not an easy match, as all the away matches in La Liga.

The 3-0 against Madrid would be nothing, if they don't win in this kind of stadiums... in places like Getafe is where La Liga must be won.
Who said they were bad? Either way, it is an undeniable fact we are favorites and it would be a disappointment if we don't win. It's not going to be easy, but if we keep the pressure on and score our chances then I'm confident we will win. Let's just hope things go our way this time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Puyol_Culé said:
The thing that worries me is set pieces. We need to be better at defending it and scoring from it. Now that Larsson is out, I can never see Barça have a chance of scoring a header. Whenever there is a corner now, I don't get exciting anymore because I know there is practically no chance Barça will score from a set piece. And whenever we have to defend one, I get very nervous because the majority of the players aren't strong in the air.
Agree 100%.
Sure we can manage against the lower ranked teams in La Liga, but to win CL we need to get a few easy goals from corners. (Like Celtic yesterday)
Midget sized Saviola would certainly not make it better.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Let's hope our cross-town neighbours from Madrid can do us a favour and frustrate you guys this weekend.

Do not underestimate Getafe, they try to play attacking football and created plenty of chances at the Bernabeu when they played us a few weeks ago.

Just like we shouldn't underestimate Levante....

La Liga is the most competitive league in the World. Like Koeman4 said, beating Madrid 3-0 is nothing unless you win at Getafe.

Championships are won at these sort of stadiums.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Let's hope our cross-town neighbours from Madrid can do us a favour and frustrate you guys this weekend.

Do not underestimate Getafe, they try to play attacking football and created plenty of chances at the Bernabeu when they played us a few weeks ago.

Just like we shouldn't underestimate Levante....

La Liga is the most competitive league in the World. Like Koeman4 said, beating Madrid 3-0 is nothing unless you win at Getafe.

Championships are won at these sort of stadiums.
I hope they do play some attacking football, and not defend with 10 players!!!

If they play attacking football; we will definately beat them.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Puyol_Culé said:
Who said they were bad? Either way, it is an undeniable fact we are favorites and it would be a disappointment if we don't win. It's not going to be easy, but if we keep the pressure on and score our chances then I'm confident we will win. Let's just hope things go our way this time.
No one! I was just saying that we must respect them. If we're favourites, we have to prove it. That's all. La Liga is won in stadiums like this one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
I have a feeling Barcelona will lose this game.

Damn, cocaine is a helluva drug.
To produce feelings of that kind you must have combined it with Thai Whisky and superglue. :hangover:

·
Registered
967 Posts
0-2 ronnie, eto'o

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
the list:
Valdés, Deco, Giuly, Márquez, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Sylvinho, Belletti, Oleguer, Etóo, Ronaldinho, Vont Bronckhorst, Fernando Navarro, Rubén, Messi, Damià and pena.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts