Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Krasic, Igna, Dzagoev, Dudu (pk). Last minute pk by Dudu.

Good news is that we won and scored 4 goals, bad news is that we were up 3-1 at one point and almost screwed it all up. From reading the online play by play it sounds like our defense was at fault for all three goals.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
What a game, it was 7 goals overall and it could be 12 or even more (8:4 for us at least) but our mids and attack screwed several excellent occasions.
MoM is Zhirkov, he owned the left wing totally and won the deciding penalty, with Dzagoev just after him, he being everywhere in midfield and scoring after quick exchange of the ball with Vagner. Dudu was bad but scored from penalty kick so he was forgiven. Defense have 4 or 5 faults and it ended with 3 goals. Akinfeev saved in two or three occasions including one-on-one moment somewhere between 80 and 85 minute.
Janczyk could be the hero of the match somewhere near 75' but when attaking two on one defender he didn't see Krasic left of him and lost the ball in dribbling.
I was at stadium and it was joyful match to watch even with all that defensive errors.

·
Registered
66,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tigran, can you describe how Dzagoev played? Does he remind you of any players? Also, how did Grigoriev do?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Grigoriev have not the best of his matches. He was losing position and their quick striker and wingers outpaced him regularily. But when he was in position, he was not bad, winning the ball mostly.
Dzagoev played as offensive central midfielder, in first half alone, in second with Krasic. But he also was returning to defense when Zhirkov was deep in attack and left wing was empty. Very good technique, first touch, set pieces constantly was dangerous (he got assist at Ignashevich goal and was also in action at Krasic goal but I don't remember if he was the last assistant or not). Was very good at turning quickly with the ball just after getting a pass from defense or defensive midfielders, at several occasions making himself some space to play quickly due such turn.
Was close to score once more in second half, but his long shot went a little wide. Prefers to pass than to shot.
Update: watched replays - yes it was Dzagoev assisting at first goal. So, goal and two assist, quite good for debut match in the first squad. ;)

·
Registered
66,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

Too bad Grigoriev didn't play well, I still have high hopes for him. Good to hear about Dzagoev, he's only 18 so he's got alot of football left in him. Hopefully he develops into a class midfielder for us and Russia :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
What I liked the most is the Rahimic's reaction to Dzagoev's goal and how he was gratulating him after his substitution, looks like Alan have a older mentor in Rahimic's person.

·
Registered
66,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I liked the most is the Rahimic's reaction to Dzagoev's goal and how he was gratulating him after his substitution, looks like Alan have a older mentor in Rahimic's person.
Yea I noticed that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts