Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Players called-up by Ernesto Valverde:

Iraizoz, Iago Herrerín.
Laporte, San José, De Marcos, Iraola, Etxeita, Gurpegi, Balenziaga.
Beñat, Iturraspe, Susaeta, Rico, Aketxe.
Ibai, Muniain, Aduriz, Viguera, Guillermo.

Suspended: -
Injured: -
Out: Bustinza, Aurtenetxe, Morán, Unai López, Toquero, Kike Sola.

Aketxe's recover is quite positive, if it wasn't for the injury I think he would be already starter in Athletic.

Probable XI:

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Xabi Etxeita - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Mikel Rico - Ander Iturraspe

Markel Susaeta - Beñat Etxebarria - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can we just bench Susaeta already? Would love to see Iraola back at RB and De Marcos in Markel's place at RW.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Valverde starts with:

Gorka Iraizoz

Andoni Iraola - Xabi Etxeita - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Mikel Rico - Ander Iturraspe

Markel Susaeta - Óscar de Marcos - Iker Muniain

Aritz Aduriz

Bench:

GK Iago Herrerín
DF Carlos Gurpegi
DF Mikel San José
MF Beñat Etxebarria
MF Ager Aketxe
FW Ibai Gómez
FW Guillermo Fernández

Out: Borja Viguera

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
HT: Athletic Club 1-0 Sevilla FC (Aduriz)

Excellent goal by Aritz, he left the pitch injured minutes later, Guillermo in. We are playing well, nice in defence and good performance by De Marcos in the AM role. Iturraspe is terrible, he should be off the pitch with red card, same as MBia. BTW, the referee is terrible, he could get into trouble in the second half.

We had enough chances to be more goals up, hope we don't regret it afterwards. Wished we had Moran in the bench to sub Itu. I have my doubts on Beñat, Sanjo or Gurpegi in that position.

The most positive new is that we are winning and playing well against the 'almost leader' with Iturraspe and Muniain totally out of form.

Aupa Athletic! :fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
My god Itu, Ernesto please take him off! We are playing very well except for his constant mistakes.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
FT: Athletic 1-0 Sevilla

The whole team played well (except Itu) although MoM has to go to an outstanding Xabi Etxeita. Hope we've found defensive solidity with that Xabi-Ayme partnership.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Valuable 3 points and a clean sheet against a side who will be wondering how they failed to get something from that game.

Still only 7 goals all year for us but when we are solid at the back,like today,one goal a game is more than enough.

Laporte is absolutely immense,truely world class and the others at the back had great games today as well.

Moving forward slowly but in the right direction.

A bit of momentum for the CL game midweek.

Onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was watching the match as well and enjoyed it.
Agree on Etxeita, while I was watching I thought he is playing very good.
To be honest, I thought Sevilla would be a lot stronger due to the fact that they could have been first with a victory. But as we all know... a team is only playing as good as the opponent lets it to play.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We have a decent record against Seville at home.

Off the top of my head I think thats 4 consecutive league wins and a copa win as well.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Unai Emery was our 12th man today as always.

When his team take the lead he encourages...when they fall behind he combusts and acts like a complete idiot in the technical area..time after time after time after time..

What can put more undue pressure on a team who are behind than a hysterical manager ranting on the sidelines?...nothing..he loses control and that translates to the players.

This trait will really curtail his career.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Agree on Etxeita, his our new Ekiza!
Just watched the highlights of Rayo - Eibar. Eibar won 3:2 with Ekiza as a starter but both Baptistao's goals were due to horrendous (mis)communication between Eibar CBs. Guess he really needs some time for acclimatization. Would be a pity if he ended up in Segunda next year.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I guess Tarquin is unhappy with the display in the first half. If we play like that, there will be no relegation battle! :D
:howler:...that is indeed the downside with winning football matches.

If only we could win and donate our points to the less fortunate teams then we could really get in a fight for survival.

There is no thrill like a relegation battle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts