Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SUNDAY AUGUST 31, 19:00H
SAN MAMÉS STADIUM (BILBAO)

Referee:Fernando Teixeira Vitienes (Santander; Cantabria)
Record with Athletic: 5W-3D-3L

PAST SEASONS

2007-08 1-1
-Etxeberria; Felipe Melo-

STANDINGS

01º Almería 0 pts
02º Athletic 0 pts

PROBABLE LINEUPS

ATHLETIC CLUB

IRAIZOZ

IRAOLA - AITOR OCIO - AMOREBIETA - CASAS

SUSAETA - ORBAIZ - J.MARTÍNEZ - YESTE

ETXEBERRIA - LLORENTE

Bench
:

04. Ustaritz Aldekoaotalora
08. Joseba Garmendia
11. Igor Gabilondo
12. Ion Vélez
13. Armando Ribeiro
14. David López
18. Carlos Gurpegi

Suspended: -
Injured:-
Out: Iñaki Lafuente, Ander Murillo, Koikili Lertxundi, Iñaki Muñoz, Ander Iturraspe, Joseba Del Olmo, Iñigo Vélez de Mendizabal.

ALMERÍA

Not yet

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, although he has a B team number (will play with number 26) so he can play for Bilbao Athletic if he's not called for the first team. Same as Susaeta last season.

It's not for sure he'll play as starter. Gurpegi can also play there, Orbaiz probably not since he's following a specific program due to his injury and I've read he isn't ready yet, although he's played the last frriendlies. The other doubtfull position is the leftback, Koi and Casas fight for the starting spot. I think the other 9 are clear, anything but that would be a surprise.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I do hope that Gurpegi not is in the starting eleven.. but I think I preffer Orbaiz as balance player alongside Javí.

Althogh it would be nice for us all to have a "Susaeta experience" with Iturraspe this year!!

Will Almería show up with tomatoes on their dresses this time again!? :-D

Can´t wait!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iturraspe has trained today with Bilbao Athletic so he probably won't be in San Mamés on Sunday.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Players called by Caparrós to face Almería:

Iraizoz, Armando.
Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Iraola, Aitor Ocio, Casas.
Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, David López, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Susaeta, Javi Martínez.
Llorente, Ion Vélez, Etxeberria.

Suspended: -
Injured: -
Out: Lafuente, Murillo, Koikili, Muñoz, Iturraspe, Del Olmo, Iñigo.

As I said yesterday Iturraspe will play for Bilbao Athletic this weekend. Even if it's surprising, as shown during preseason Caparrós prefers Casas to Koi, at least by now, and we'll see what happens when Balentziaga joins the fight (if the deal is finally made official). Orbaiz is ready even if Caparrós was saying during the last month that he wasn't going to make the first games, will he play as starter?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I know it's not the place, so forgive me, but I need to do it...

Txupa, vacia tu bandeja de entrada y pásate por el forum de la liga fantastica... si, esa en la que eres un puto dictador... te voy a dar hasta en el carné de indentidad con la supercopa. :D

Sorry for being off-topic! :eek:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Casas in the starting line-up, oh dear. Except for that, which is horrible, and that I believe we should wait with playing Orbaiz so we don't ruin his career, I'm satisfied with the starting line-up.

The bench is also good, if we just would sign a good left back, we would have a very complete squad, some players leaving of course.

Four players in the first team signed within a year and two months are left out of the squad, some great signings.:)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
nope, not good not bad. But we dont deserve to be 3 behind, Casas has been terrible as we feared and the defensive line have been nervous. But why isnt Amorebieta playing?

·
Registered
736 Posts
The same Marca that has Ustaritz on the bench but showing pictures of him playing. The same Marca that says Diego Alves is on the bench, but just saved a penalty from Yeste...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts