Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He had an interivew in todays Croatian Daily Vecernji-list and I'll translate the bit when he spoke on the Israeli League:

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/2004/02/25/Pages/izrael.html

Navijaèi još dvoje koji su to standardi. Izraelska liga daleko je od onoga što traži Otto Bariæ.
- Svjestan sam da Izrael neki ne doživljavaju kao ozbiljan temelj za ligu. Opet, moj Makabi igrao je u Ligi prvaka, svi su mogli vidjeti da dobro igramo. Izraelska je liga vrlo dobra...

Reporter: The Israeli League is far from what Otto Baric is looking for.

I see how the Israeli League is seen by some as not an impoortant league . But my Maccabi played in the Champions League and all could see that we played well. The Israeli League is very good.

Izraelci su vas silno željeli u svojim redovima. Zbog vas bili su spremni promijeniti i zakon o dobivanju njihova državljanstva.
- To je još aktualno, predma sam izabrao Hrvatsku. Tužni jesu, ali znaju da je domovina uvijek na prvome mjestu. Premda moram priznati da mi je Izrael dao sve, da me je spasio kada sam prije osam godina došao ovdje. I neæe mi biti lako jednog dana oprostiti se i vratiti se kuæi u Split.

Reporter: Israel was ready to change the law and give you citizenship to play for them.

Rosso: Yes thats true but in the end I chose Croatia. They are sad but they know that the homeland is always first place. But I have to say that Israel gave me everything and saved me before eight years ago when they brought me here. And it wont be easy one day when I retire and come back home to Split.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
way to go Rosso. This kindof corresponds with our other thread about the level of the israeli league. Maybe thats just it, maybe Baric need look no further, Tomislav Erceg could be his next striker. Zekic i hope didnt move for the hell of it. Rosso is a great ambassador for ligat haal and I am always glad to see him in the Croatia starting lineup because it shows that good players can come play competively in israel, andin return ligat haal can help good players move forward in their careers. Forza Rosso and hopefully many more croatians in israel

·
Registered
773 Posts
Actually Erceg did play a bit in the past for Croatia's national team if I am not mistaken. He is a bit too old now though. They have other younger and better strikers such as Prso from Monaco, Mornar at Portsmouth, Olic, etc. Zekic is on their national team but as far as I know it remains to be seen if he will get a chance at Euro 2004 since he is also behind some of their other strikers.

·
Registered
69,074 Posts
Erceg played for Croatia a few times but I doubt he will get a call up ever again, as said before he is too old. Zekic won't be in the squad unless we have injuries upfront. We currently have 5-6 strikers above him (Olic, Prso, T. Maric, Mornar, M. Maric and Klasnic)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok well you guys know what I mean, perhaps baric and other coaches around the world should rate our league a little higher in general, and look to it instead of failing to notice it.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Our leauge gets ranked lower, cause were in UEFA.

Easy as that.
If we were in AFC, than we would have been ranked higher. Perhaps even in the top 30 maybe. We have hard competition with leauges like Germany, Spain, England, etc...

We could compete against the leauges, but we will never be as good as them...cause they are one of the best..
If Egypt was to compete like Israel did in UEFA, than i doubt there would be any hype for them....

Like come on...when was the last time Egypt made it to the WC...

Israel would have been in the top 3 if we were in Asia...

Israel
Iran
Korea/Japan (take ur pic)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts