Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossi wants new Lazio deal Monday 20 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio boss Delio Rossi is hoping that he’s done enough this season to earn a new contract at the Stadio Olimpico.

The tactician signed a one-year deal in the capital last summer and wants an extension after a positive campaign with the Biancocelesti.

“I will be speaking with President Claudio Lotito over my future,” the former Atalanta and Lecce Coach stated.

“I want to stay here and I think that the club intends to carry on with this rapport we share. Yet we need to speak about many things.”

Most fans will be keen for the Lazio chief to confirm the man at the helm, especially after their surprise 2-1 win at high-flying Fiorentina on Sunday.

“Lazio were not expected to win in Florence but we did so on merit,” continued Rossi. “Against a side that is as strong as they are you do not win unless you play at your best.

“It was a victory achieved with determination and character, but I also wanted quality and organisation.

“There are teams who are physical but we need to find other ways to express ourselves.”

Lazio are next in action against Roma on Sunday, a game which will be played without injured Giallorossi captain Francesco Totti.

“I am very close to Totti, he is a symbol of the city and of the national side,” explained Rossi. “The derby with Roma will not be the same and it’s a great pity Totti won’t be playing.

“It will also be a great shame if we don’t see him at the World Cup. At this point rivalry doesn’t come into it because we are all Italian.”

channel4

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
When it comes to job security, being a football coach must be one of worst employments there is. Where else would a professional have to renegotiate his contract after not even a year?

Rossi has done good. Eventhough I'd like to see him deploy other formations than 4-4-2, especially on those occasions when he's lacking the proper players for such a formation and also when playing away games. Back in the days of Eriksson, when necessary, we'd play a 4-5-1 formation with 3 defensive midfielders for such games. But with Rossi it's always 4-4-2. Opponents come to expect that and anticipate on it. Some variation in the that regard could benefit us.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Rossi has his own game-plan that is very well constructed but not very flexible. That is both a strength and a weakness. Strength if everybody's healthy but a weakness when there are key players missing. But there are some variations within the 4-4-2, it's not like we play exactly the same game every time.

Eriksson had more flexibility but he also had a killer squad that could grind out wins even with all-out defense. Rossi doesn't have that kind of resources. But compared to Caso and Papadopulo last year, I'm very glad with the way Rossi's Lazio is performing. The results themselves aren't that much better, but we have definitely advanced. Which should mean good things for next season if Lotito can find a few million for reinforcements.

I think he should get the extension as soon as possible.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Realistically I can't think of a better coach for us than Rossi. He's doing very well with limited resources. He should definitely get an extention which would also add some stability to the entire squad when you don't have to worry about who's going to be the next coach.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Exactly. Keep Rossi and as many players as possible, we need stability. He has done very well in a time when half of the tifosi are against Lotito, rumours flying around all the time, injuries, suspension, etc.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rossi is a Samp target Monday 6 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio boss Delio Rossi is a contender to be handed the Sampdoria job should Walter Novellino decide to quit the club.

The latter is understood to be coming towards the end of his Doria stint, with Palermo said to be his probable next destination.

Although Sampdoria were last week linked with the currently unemployed Gigi Del Neri, the port club are understood to also have Rossi under observation.

The latter has done extremely well in the capital since his arrival at the start of this season and has won admiration amongst the Blucerchiati hierarchy.

Rossi may be available for hire in the summer given his current contractual situation at the Stadio Olimpico.

His deal will expire in June and talks regarding an extension have yet to reach an amicable conclusion.

Nevertheless, Lazio seem intent on doing everything in their power to keep the attacking former Lecce and Atalanta boss.

“I don’t think there is another Coach as good as Rossi for the project which is in place here,” stated Lazio chief Claudio Lotito only this morning.

However, reports in Italy on Monday suggest that Samp director general Beppe Marotta is keen on Rossi.

Meanwhile, there are further reports that Novellino – whose Samp deal expires in 2008 – will indeed be heading to Sicily for next season.

President Maurizio Zamparini is attempting to lure the former Milan midfielder, especially as the two worked together with success in the past at Venezia.

Novellino is one of the most highly-rated tacticians in Italian football after leading Venezia, Napoli, Piacenza and Sampdoria to Serie A promotion.

Palermo are currently bossed by Giuseppe Papadopulo, but he was only handed a six-month contract when he replaced Del Neri after Christmas.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rossi to pen Lazio deal Wednesday 8 March, 2006

Lazio boss Delio Rossi is on the verge of signing a new contract, but Ousmane Dabo is not so confident that he will do the same.

The tactician is only tied to the Stadio Olimpico outfit until June and there have been whispers suggesting that he could be tempted by a summer switch to Sampdoria.

However, Rossi has today insisted that he wants to continue his stint with the Biancocelesti following an impressive spell so far.

“It is my desire to stay at this club,” said the former Lecce and Salernitana boss. “I’m happy and working in harmony with everyone here.

“There will be no problems regarding my contract whatsoever,” he added in optimistic fashion.

One man who isn’t quite so sure about his capital future is French midfielder Dabo given that his agreement ends in June too.

The former Inter player wants to stay but his agent, Issa Traore, has admitted that there is still plenty of work to be done before anything is signed.

“I need to meet with President Claudio Lotito,” stated Traore. “We are obviously hoping that we can extend his agreement.

“That hasn’t happened yet even if we have been discussing this matter for some time with the Italian club.

“They know what we are asking for and we will stay if our demands are met, otherwise both parties will go down their own paths.”

channel4

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Apparently Rossi signed a three-year contract today. Now it's time for some players to do the same. :)

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
It's official now. I think it's great...next summer we can actually build the team to fit Rossi's tactics, which wasn't possible for this season.

Now it's imperative to get Liverani signed, as he's the single most important piece in Rossi's tactical puzzle. But for the first time since Mancini left we have something to build on. That alone is important.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kafka said:
But for the first time since Mancini left we have something to build on. That alone is important.
Agreed. This is great news. I also hope that Liverani and Di Canio both are signed this week.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rossi pens Lazio deal Thursday 9 March, 2006

Delio Rossi will continue as boss of Lazio after he today signed a new three-year deal with the outfit.

President Claudio Lotito confirmed the news, which was widely expected, this afternoon live on Italian radio.

Although talk that both Napoli and Sampdoria were interested in his services, the 46-year-old has committed himself to the Biancocelesti.

Rossi has had an impressive debut campaign at the Stadio Olimpico since he replaced Giuseppe Papadopulo in the summer.

The Rimini-native, who previous deal was set to expire in June, has had spells in the top-flight with Salernitana, Lecce and Atalanta.

His only honours to date are two Serie A promotions with Salernitana in 1997-98 and Lecce in 2002-03.

channel4

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Excellent news. After 2000, we've pretty much had a different coach each season, so it's about time we get some stability in that regard. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts