Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
One of the very first games I ever saw, back in our last Highland League season, first round of the 93-94 Scottish Cup

gdVWPd4Ju3M

:proud:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:D

That performance, plus the 2nd round win over Forfar Athletic was enough to secure our place as one of the first 2 teams from the Highland in the SFL :proud:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah, we've come a long, long way.

Darren Maatsen has signed the other day, a 22 year old winger from Excelsior. So he joins Melvin De Leeuw. No idea why we've suddenly gone Dutch mad :D

The club are also still apparently in negotiations with Oikonomou & Hainault, though I honestly expect Hainault to return to North America as he's meant to be homesick, & Oik to get a much bigger wage south of the border. Both look terrific & will be big losses. And the Richard Brittain saga still draws on.

·
Registered
59,066 Posts
Former Ross County great Andrew Barrowman on trial at Heracles Almelo :D can he do anything?

Ross County will also play friendlies against PEC Zwolle and Den Bosch in the end of July

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Andy Barrowman. Ah now. He was terrific for us in the Second Division season back in 07/08, then moved to the SPL with Caley & disappointed. That 1st season with us he was the lone front man, but with basically 3 attacking midfielders behind him creating for him, where as at other teams (& his 2nd spell with us) he was more isolated.

He's an alright poacher & will score if you give him chances, but to be honest I'd have said the Scottish First was about his limit.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm honestly not sure. I'd sure be delighted to see him given a shot though. He's clearly got lots of heart, at the least I'd say he could do a job in the First.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey look, Ross County have signed more Dutch players :cam:

Striker Kevin Luckassen and midfielder Marc Klok, both apparently 20 or there abouts. We've also been looking at 2m tall centre back Tim Bakens, who was at Cambuur last season. What the **** is going on at this club that means every player we've brought in this summer as been Dutch? :cam:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
We're also looking at the 22 year old fullback Ben Gordon, who was at Chelsea until last season when he played in League One for Yeovil. Already got over 30 games experience in the SPL after 2 spells at Kilmarnock, so imagine he'll be the replacement for Oikonomou :(

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Reminds me of all the Frenchies who came flocking to Newcastle.

Imagine if I was responsible for scouting and bringing players to a club. Fans would be scratching their head and posting on message boards, "hey look, ________ have signed more Japanese players :cam: :cam: :cam:"

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ben Gordon has been announced as our 5th signing of the summer. However possibly the most important thing we'll do this off-season is that Ross County, Richard Brittain & St Johnstone have come to an agreement so that Brittain can stay in Dingwall. He signed a PCA with the Perth club in January, but had a change of heart because of unspecified person reasons, announcing he'd like to cancel his pre-contract. It's dragged on for 2 months now, but has finally been resolved, with Saints receiving an undisclosed 5 figure sum from County, & County get to keep our club captain & top scorer for the 2012/13 season.

Brilliant stuff.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
None will be better than our very own Captain Fantastic :proud: One of our 2 players who've been here since we were in Division 2 :proud:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Club announced today that former Dundee manager (& still wildly popular with the Dee fans) Barry Smith as the new Under 20s coach at the Global Energy Stadium. Interesting pickup.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Started pre-season with a thrilling defeat to Brora Rangers, before a heroic victory over Forres Mechanics yesterday. Actually I think there were 2 games yesterday but I don't remember the 2nd one. I do know that Ivan Sproule & a Forres player got sent off for smashing someone :cam:

41 - 60 of 90 Posts