Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now the big match is coming up. The two best teams in Norwegian football.

ROSENBORG from Norway's 3rd biggest city Trondheim. The city was Norways first capital, more than 1000 years ago.

With great success, 9 titles in a row, CL quarterfinal a few years ago, lots of national team players lots of money, a "lot" of spectators. Rosenborg play 4-3-3 and is expected to play with this team;

_______________Arason_____________________

Basma______Trondsen___Hoftun_______Saarinen

_______Winsnes___Skammelsrud___Strand_____

George___________Johnsen___________Brattbakk

Subs; Stensaas, Skjærvold, Enerly, Knutsen, E. Johnsen

BRANN from Norway's second biggest and second most beautiful city(after Aalesund of course) Bergen. Bergen was the capital of Norway for centuries, until Oslo took over.

Haven't won the league since 1963, but is clearly the second best team behind RBK in the nineties, also finished second last season. They have the best spectators in Norway. They are a 12th man on the field. A "lot" of spectators. Brann play 4-4-2 and is expected to play with this team;

_______________Rønningen__________________

Brendesæther___Ulfstein___Wassberg______Ylonen

Valencia_______Walltin______Samuelsson__Kvisvik

__________Furuseth Olsen_____Helstad___________

Subs; Razanauskas, Karadas, Hanstveit, Knarvik, Kihlstedt

Rosenborg has the home advantage, but after two draws, and a slashing by Stabæk(3-0) yesterday, Rosenborg supporters will be very worried about Brann, who dominated Viking and won 2-0 away last weekend.

It is going to be a great match, with Brann win the league will be more open than in years. I have a small hope, but I am afraid that Rosenborg's experience will come through in this match.

We should also remember the RBK is famous in Norway for having great results against the worst teams, and medioce results against the good teams. The other top teams can alkso have mediocre results against the good teams, but can't compete with RBK's results against the bottom teams.

The match is open, can slide any way. :hopefull:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Basma got 3 yellow cards, and will have to sit this one out unfortunatly.. as mentioned in the Brann tread, he scored an excellent own goal in hte rbk-brann match last season, and I had hoped for a repeat performance..

The 4-4 match last season was maybe the best game ever in the Norwegian league, and I'm sure this one will be a good one also. Brann's fast strikers against the slow powerful tanks of the RBK defense. RBK routine against Brann's talent. Teitur vs. Eggen. This game will have it all :)

Brann plays best against offensive teams, and RBK at Lerkendal is almost like a dream opponent.

Think much will be decided on the midfield, Samuelsson will have to tame Skammelsrud, while Kvisvik will have to fight off Winsnes and Strand so he'll be able to feed the Brann strikers with his excellent passes.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
_______________Arason_____________________

Blixt______Trondsen___Hoftun_______Saarinen

_______Winsnes___Skammelsrud___Strand_____

George___________Johnsen___________Brattbakk

Subs; Stensaas, Skjærvold, Enerly, Knutsen, E. Johnsen

Basma won't play because of yellow cards, so probably Stensaas or Blixt :excited: will play instead. Blixt is back from injury, and was on the bench yesterday :) Still he is probably too inexperienced to play against Brann, so Eggen might come up with another solution. B.I.Johnsen as cd, and Trondsen out right, Stensaas, or maybe even Strand. Hard to tell, as Eggen has different solutions up his sleave.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I hope he'll use Stensaas as right back, will be fun to see Kvisvik humiliate him :) Saarinen wasn't too impressive against Stabæk either.. will be fun to see him compete with Valencia's speed.

If Berg had been back from injury, he'd probably use Strand as right back, but doubt it'll happen now.. they need him on the midfield.. Enerly and Knutsen are more attacking wingers/forwards than midfielders, and Storvik doesn't seem to be near the starting eleven. no clear options on the midfield is Strand is moved down.

Think Blixt is the most likely solution.

S

·
0 Posts
The two best teams in Norwegian football.
Hello???

As far as I know we have a table that determines which two teams are the best. So this is a match between the second best and the sixth best, actually more like a top vs mid-table game.

Brann, who dominated Viking and won 2-0 away last weekend
Ah well, dominated... They hit us hard on the counter attacks but Viking dominated play for long periods. Strange also that you mention RBKs poor performacne this round, without mentioning Branns not too convincing game vs. Molde at home this same round.

By the way, I have ordered a draw for this game ;-)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Siddis said:

Hello???

As far as I know we have a table that determines which two teams are the best. So this is a match between the second best and the sixth best, actually more like a top vs mid-table game.
I think it's the end table that determines which team is the best and second best in a given season, not the table after every round. Give it a few more rounds, and I'm sure the table will stabilize more.
Orange meant over the last seasons. Viking did good last year, probably will end up with a medal this season also, but calling it the best team of Norway is just plain wrong ;)

Brann has been fighting for medals the past seasons, Viking is just starting out to get back in the top after several bad seasons.

Siddis said:

Ah well, dominated... They hit us hard on the counter attacks but Viking dominated play for long periods. Strange also that you mention RBKs poor performacne this round, without mentioning Branns not too convincing game vs. Molde at home this same round.
We whiped the grass with Viking, you had the midfield in the first half, but didn't create anything dangerous apart from a few corners ;) In the second half, we totally took over. Everyone (Including the viking players and Benny) said the same after the game. Brann was the best team.

And Brann failed to score and was robbed of two penalties, it was a very disappointing result, but the play was quite convincing. When playing a less defensive team, like RBK, I'm sure Brann will manage to score.

Welcome to the forum btw, nice to see a siddis around :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Siddis said:

Hello???

Like Jinxter said, I was talking about Brann's performance during the past 5 years, which clearly has been better than what Viking has managed. I also don't agree that you can just look at the table and say that Brann is the 6th best team, especially since the table is so tight. It is easy to say that RBK is a better team than Strømsgodset, but when it comes to Viking, Brann and Rosenborg you have to wait until the end of the season to see how the league turns out.

Siddis said:
Ah well, dominated... They hit us hard on the counter attacks but Viking dominated play for long periods. Strange also that you mention RBKs poor performance this round, without mentioning Branns not too convincing game vs. Molde at home this same round.

By the way, I have ordered a draw for this game ;-)
Now I didn't see the Viking vs Brann game, but after what I ahve read in the newspapers, here in this forum and after what I have seen on the tv, Brann was the dominating team. It went as far as the Viking players saying after the game that Brann deserved to win.

Of course I saw both the Brann and the RBK match this weekend as they were television matches. Here is what I saw in as few words as possible;

Brann - Molde - The home team did not shine, but had the majority of the chances, and the better play. They should also have had 2 penalties. Molde had one or two huge chances, but that's about it.

Stabæk - Rosenborg - RBK was definetly in the game in the first half, but was swept in the second half, as Stabæk totally took charge.

Conclusion; A normal Brann game with some bad luck and the worst Rosenborg game this season. I think that validates why I mentioned the game.

A draw is likely, so you might be right.

How did you find this forum? If you could post a little something about Viking that would be nice. Tell us something about your players, your tactic etc. Do you go to many games?

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Well, the infamous RBK luck strikes again, and it seems like the one thing that could save their hides come through.. Anderlecht is desperate to sign Helstad, and is trying to close the deal before the match this weekend.. If Helstad agrees to his personal contract, he'll be ready for the club maybe as soon as tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this true??? I don't think so. If you check Nettavisen they are saying that it is a lie, and that the negotiations are FAR from over :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Orange said:
Is this true??? I don't think so. If you check Nettavisen they are saying that it is a lie, and that the negotiations are FAR from over :)
I normally believe what I hear from Brann officials more than nettavisen/vg/dagbladet and so on...
Arne Møller has said they have agreed, just haven't put it all down on paper yet, and Helstad has been in talks with the anderlecht people today. He says he most likely will play the RBK game, but Møller isn't as certain.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know, I know, but the fact was that Nettavisen called Arne Møller and asked him about it. Møller said; "we have heard nothing new from Anderlecht, this is just a Bergen newspaper who wanted to come up with a story" :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Yes, that is true. Was nothing new, but the agent and anderlecht had talks yesterdays. Seems like the radzinski (sp) deal fell through though, so maybe Anderlecht won't buy Helstad after all. Helstad didn't play like it was his last game yesterday, so that fits. When Flo played his last game for Brann, he scored a hat-trick.. assume Helstad will do the same :D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
well on Current form, this should be an easy win to Brann :cool:

However, since the game is in the Lerkendal, and RBK have played quite a few poor games, i really think they will be up for this one :)

Similarly, Brann will be all psyched for the occasion too, especially if it might be Helstad's last game.

so i predict a 1-1 draw (if it was at Brann Stadion, i'd have gone 3-1 to Brann)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well....the official Norwegian betting service has rated Rosenborg as clear favourites. You only get 1,45 in odds on a Rosenborg win, an amazing 3,40 on a Brann win, not to mention 3,75 on a draw, which makes me afraid that my prediction will fall :nervous:

Rosenborg - Brann 1,45 3,75 3,40

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What other matches did you bet on?

Aalesund - Start 3,40 3,45 1,50 A draw for 3,45 :happy:
Haugesund - Tromsdalen 1,50 3,45 3,40 A win for 1,50 :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts