Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been avoiding this but the bomb has exploded and our club looks like it's in turmiol! First it was Benfica with the Azevedo and JVP thing and now it's our turn!!!!I'm not sure because I can't read Portuguese to good but I think Roquette is ready to resign as SCP president! Duque will stay til August and Inacio will continue to be coach!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
is it something to worry about? I've had enough crises, so I hope this isn't anything that can really hurt the team.

Sporting chiefs hold crisis talks
Monday 31st July 2000

After twice postponing negotiations, Sporting Lisbon directors and shareholders will meet on Tuesday to try to resolve the boardroom crisis ripping the club apart.

The Portuguese champions have been thrown into turmoil by the resignations of club chairman Luis Duque, Jose Roquette, chairman of the holding company, and a number of directors.

As majority shareholder, Roquette is the most influential individual at the club. But Duque, who is not a shareholder and is said to have very little capital at his disposal, is intent on unseating Roquette and running the club himself, convinced that he has the backing of the other shareholders.

Roquette has appointed Dias da Cunha as the new chairman of Sporting Lisbon plc, against the wishes of Duque, who favoured an appointment from outside the club.

The club recently announced a deficit of £2 million in the financial year that ended in June despite winning the title for the first time in 18 years last season.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Its been going on for a well now.
I liked the Roquette Duque formation , but now they at war for presidency.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
It's a wonder anything ever get's done properly with these haggling idiots running things. Stablilty is very important and it should start with management.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Why don't they just work for Sporting and quit these petty fightings? It's ridiculous, and worse, it can harm Sporting's progress as a strong club.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that clubs like Sporting, Benfica etc. are "clubs" with presidents and elections and socios and so forth. They are not just a football team, so you get all the crap that goes with politics. I just can't believe they have anything to fight about considering we're the f**king champions, for God's sake!!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
The problem at Sporting is that Roquete has the most say in the club and basically always gets what he wants.
I like what Duque has done and i dont want him to go so lets hope all goes well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts