Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My club SV Hamburg wants to loan him from Milan for the next season. What can we expect from Roque Junior ? He barely played for Milan ( why ? ) though he almost always was a starter for the Selecao in the last couple of years, and at the moment he seems to be injured ( just 5 matches for Leeds..). I'm quite sceptical about him, is he still top class ( or can he be if he is healthy ? ..) ?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
He didn't play for Milan because he wasn't any good. I wouldn't judge him by his stay at Leeds because of all the legal and financial problems that team is having.

Just how bad is Hamburg's defense anyway?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
He's a very weird player.

I'd say that he's not the most trustable defender around. But he had a great World Cup (he was Brazil's best defender) and I think he was decent enough to be in Milan squad instead of Martin Laursen.

At Leeds the few games he played he seemed terrible.

I'd say he is good enough for Bundesliga if he has time and confidence to settle in.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
A dopey defender but I sorta like him. Always looks like he's a little lost but clearly capable of defending well with someone to scream at him where to position himself and so on.

Just don't think you're buying a defensive "general" like when Leeds paired him up with an even more tactically inept and slower Matteo. That was bad news from day one.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mates, i was expecting to read the things you wrote about R J. Hope that we don't sign him. I heard that several italian clubs are interested in him, too. So i doubt that he is willing to come to cold Hamburg when he might be able to stay in italy anyway...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems that Roque Junior now will join AC Siena for the rest of this season, his contract in Leeds was terminated. Our general sports manager had some negociations with RJ and the Milan management, but he said that it is very unlikely that RJ will join Hamburg in the summer, he demands too much money.. ( i'm wondering though how a small club like Siena is able to afford him ...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts