Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roque denies Benfica deal Thursday 15 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan defender Roque Junior has not agreed terms to join Benfica at the end of this season.

Reports recently have suggested that the stopper, currently on loan at Siena, was set for a switch to Portugal.

Yet his agent has moved quickly to dismiss the speculation by insisting he will return to the San Siro in the summer.

"It is not true," stated Alessandro Lucci. "As far as I know there has been no contact with him even if I don’t know whether the two clubs have spoken."

Benfica do seem to be rather keen on the World Cup winner and Lucci admitted that they had made an approach in the past.

"They wanted to sign him in January but Roque had already given his word to Siena by then.

"My client will remain where he is until June, then he will be back at Milan where he still has one year left on his contract.

"Roque is obviously pleased that such a club as Benfica are interested in him but he is just concentrating on Siena right now."

The Brazilian, who also spent a few unhappy months at Leeds this term, will face some familiar faces on Saturday as his Tuscan side take on Milan.

channel4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts