Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I see it I don't think wayne Rooney will be at everton for life,I know it's hard to say right now.But IMO every player want's to win things and unless everton can really get back up to those heady heights i do think wayne will be moving on.
Also it will probably just be a matter of time before some club makes a massive offer for him.An offer that will probably be to good to refuse.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Your probably right, yet Im not sure just yet that Rooney has proved he is a marque player. His club form has been less than average. Granted off the bench he can turn a game, and when he is in there he has some exciting moments, but thats all they have been so far.
I hate to compare him with anyone yet If we look at Francis Jeffers, Comming up through the ranks everyone at Goodison was camparing him with the Next Dixie Dean, He then goes on to score 20+ goals and wants to leave for a big club with a bigger pay check and look whats Happened to him.

Now one can say he is still young and he doesnt have the supporting cast around him to be at his best, add the pressure on him to be great every time out and you get what we have now, but that all being true Great players overcome those obsticles to shine through, and Rooney just hasnt done that yet. So I cant see anyone offering a great deal of money, I should say the Money Everton would want for him yet, but if that day does come you can bet our Board will sell him in a heart beat.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I doubt he will be here for life if he makes an impression on tourneys such as Euro 2004, however let's hope he does remain at goodison for a good few years so he can gain good first team experience. Although he says to be Everton through and through - I don't think really means too much, look at Scott Parker :rolleyes:
But as paulmay was saying - you only need to look at jeffers to see how he couldn't cope with Arsenal's squad rotation or couldn't get a place cause kanu/Henry/Wiltord etc were playing too well, Most of it down to the simple reason that he left Goodison far too early.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree with Eight_Ball Jeffers left Everton far too early after what was pretty limited first team experience considering his injury-prone ankles. Having said that, as far as I'm concerned, Smith getting 8-10 million for him seems like a miracle now! The only high of the misarable Smith years as far as I'm concerned.

On the subject of Jeffers, I think that Wenger's judgement was a little off-beam when he saw him as a "fox in the box" striker. He never played that poacher role at Everton. He is more of an intelligent runner around the area (similar in style to Bergkamp I think) rather than a Rush (ugh) type prodder.

And speaking of Walter Smith, its good to see him weaving his magic at Man Utd these days! Hanging around the touchline like a big black cloud.

That's the end of my rant.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Keep Ranting Its all true.:D Except one thing, I wouldn't give Smith the credit of getting that much for Jeffers. That was Kendall and the rest of the croney Board. The only good thing to come out of Smith was Rads. But it took Moyes to get the most out of him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts