Xtratime Community banner

Rooney v Messi

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if you would have a free choice betwen those 2 players, who would you chose?

I gues you all know who i would chose :tongue:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Wayne Rooney, he has showed what he can do at Euro 2004, his UCl debut and his amazing performances for United this season.

I believe him and Messi are the best under-21s in the world and there is not much between them.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Wayne Rooney, he has showed what he can do at Euro 2004, his UCl debut and his amazing performances for United this season.

I believe him and Messi are the best under-21s in the world and there is not much between them.
Messi is in better form at the moment though. Rooneys performances have dropped since the start of the season thats for sure, I think he needs a rest he seems quiet.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Messi sucks I would choose Robinho.... :D

·
Registered
43,785 Posts
Wow. I'm surprised that this has remained civil for this long. I thought the thread title would pit the Barça/La Liga fans/random Euroboys against the Man Utd/EPL in a fight to the death. Which cues Dagoods in to turn it into a Ronaldo thread.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Red Bed said:
Wayne Rooney, he has showed what he can do at Euro 2004
You mean scoring four goals against football powerhouses like Switzerland? Some skills! :rolleyes:

his UCl debut
What about it? You just felt like typing I guess. :)

and his amazing performances for United this season.
Right, that is why Manchester is in second spot and you got out of the Champions League, because Rooney is that much better. But check this out, Messi with Barcelona is first in Liga and still in the title race for the UCL. But yeah, Rooney proved himself so I guess you are right. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to watch more football. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Kaiser Ballack said:
And I respect your opinion Red Bed but don't tell me you think Rooney proved himself, unless you are clearly trying to make a joke.
I also respect your opinion Kaiser but you can't say Rooney hasn't proved himself, unless you are trying to makea joke. ;)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see how Messi would cope with Premiership football.

I know for sure Rooney would have handled La Liga easily.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Messi is really good, for a hobbit.

I wonder if he's got big hairy feet under his boots?

Seriously though i'd like to see Shrek & Frodo play together, would be a spectacle indeed.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts