Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This discussion was started in the Transfer thread and I think it would get Lost there and I would love to know what Eight Ball thinks. So I will paste wahat has been said so far:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
quote by Viola
Correct, Paul. Seldom seen a player as sharp coming off the bench as Wayne. On the other hand, Moyes used him strangely a couple of times, as against Pool, when he played as winger.

Quote By PaulMay
He does that every time he couples him up with Ferguson, I guess its to get Rooney wide and cross to Fergie to latch onto one with the head. I prefer Rooney with Rads They both bring an enormous amount of energy to the game, Unfortunately not enough goals

Quote by Viola
I would prefer Wayne with a in-form Kevin Campbell or a new striker. I have lost my faith in Dunc..and Radzinski...not more than a good back up striker in my view.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Key problem Here is that we have never seen an inform Campbell apart from his first season with the club. If you look at the success of last season it was due to the fact that Rads and rooney were our main attacking duo. The reason we never made it to Europe was due to Rads injury.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think this season dunc has been our only striker who's shown acceptable consistentcy, Rads has been unlucky with the injuries he's sufferered this season making it harder to reach the highs of last season. So often rooney/rads/jeffers have played better when they've come off the bench than when they've actually started the match. Campbell hasn't been involved much this season.
In my view - I would like to see Rads & Rooney partnership back upfront again, however I think they're too similar in style and lack heading quality, and I think we do require Ferguson to be involved. Ferguson and Rads upfront with rooney playing slightly behind in an attacking midfield role would be interesting.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Dunc may be the most consistant but I have to look back at last season Rads had a great year because he didnt have Dunc to worry about as a partner. With Rads pace he has to wait for Dung to catch up. By then the play is over. With Rooney at least they can keep up with each other. I think the era of the Big center forward is over, Look at United, they dont play that style. Arsenal well Henry is tall yet he plays like a small center forward. he will beat you on the ground before he would in the air. Chelsea is another example, no typical large center forward. I know Moyes has to use what we have but I hope in the near future he will change the style.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Rad - Dunc with Wayne behind them would be interesting indeed.

On the other hand, our future strikeforce has to be build around Wayne. Both Dunc and Rad aren't the youngest anymore, so there has to be a new partnership (with a new striker), at least next season.

Otherwise we face another season struggling in the relegation zone.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dunc for Sure Viola, Rads, is still young so he could be around for a while. We still have Watson to Fill the role as Bigman off set plays. He did well last season doing so. Yes we Need someone as I think Dunc, and Campbell are expendable.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is some Glaring Facts that I cant understand why no one else has seen.

Rooneys goal in the Portsmouth match has tied him with Rads on 7 for the season. Rads has linked up with Rooney for 5 of his 7 goals, including this weekends match. So why does it take an injury to Feguson to get the most potent and successfull partnership that Everton have on the pitch at the same time.

Goal scorers

Rads 7

Rooney 7

Watson 5

Feguson 4

Kilbane 3

Now Im not a rocket scientist but if you have your top 2 scorers in the game on a consistant level dont you thing those numbers would be far greater.

One little footnote Rooney also leads the team in Yellow Cards, with 8. I hope he will manage to get more goals than Yellow cards by seasons end.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Everton's "strikers"

Francis Jeffers --- lost his game

James McFadden --- unproven

Tomasz Radzinski -- great counter attacking forward

Kevin Campbell --- woefully deployed after saving the club

Duncan Ferguson --- disgracefully in wrong sport for so long. Likes the colour red.

Wayne Rooney --- woefully overated likes the colour, yellow.

Nick Chadwick --- rightfully neglected.

Play Tomasz amd Kevin. Adopt a strategy that allows the Watsons and Kilbanes of the world to chip in a few goals.

But in all honesty, first it is important that you pray.

MAY THE GOD(s) YOU PRAY TO GIVE EVERTONIANS WHAT THEY DESERVE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts