Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fabregas for me. Less hype and technically better.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Fabregas had hardly played, whereas Rooney has played nearlly every game as the focal point of the ManU attack and is also currently the English Media's flavour of the month/year/decade whatever he's the new Beckham for hype anyway.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
different positions, of course Rooney is more eye catching but i'd put them level.

of course Fabregas receives less attention because he is Spanish but i like it like that, he doesn't have to cope with the huge pressure Rooney does.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SM ONLINE said:
Fabregas had hardly played, whereas Rooney has played nearlly every game as the focal point of the ManU attack and is also currently the English Media's flavour of the month/year/decade whatever he's the new Beckham for hype anyway.
:(

·
63,337 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Was it? Bet most of them are substitute appearance though.

Otherwise I've hardly noticed him

29 starts, that you haven't noticed him suggest myopia on your part rather than any lack of ability on Cesc's :pp

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I don't know what myopia is.

Maybe not but he aint no Xabi Alonso is he, lol jk I don't really pay much attention to Arsenal games just Liverpool for me.

·
63,337 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
I don't know what myopia is.

Maybe not but he aint no Xabi Alonso is he, lol jk I don't really pay much attention to Arsenal games just Liverpool for me.
he has all the tools to become better then Xabi Alonso, remind me what Xabi Alonso was doing when he was 17 again ? ;)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he has all the tools to become better then Xabi Alonso, remind me what Xabi Alonso was doing when he was 17 again ? ;)
different positions, he wont be better then Alonso though :fero:

Dunno don't follow Spanish football

·
63,337 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
different positions, he wont be better then Alonso though :fero:

Dunno don't follow Spanish football
he was still awaiting his debut before being loaned out. ;)

Fabregas has a stack of records under his belt by now :thmbup:

also he should mature enough physically to play Alonso's midfield organiser position in the next couple of years, he also has the ability to become a genuine playmaker, really he can play in any position of the midfield he chooses in the next couple of years, he has all the strings to his bow that a player needs. :star:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Where is Khimik to defend Cesc? :D

Anyway, I would rather have Cesc in my team. Incedeble skills and maturity for a 17(!!) year old. Impressed me a great deal. He's got the skills and the brains to become a legend.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
ok In my opinion Cesc has done well but hasnt standed out as arsenal hasnt really standed out but Rooney has scored and become an imporant part of man utd team.I would say cesc has improved as a player and has improeved more then any other 17's in the world but rooney has made the bigger impact as he has scoed hatricks as well as assisting but he has the skills but hasnt improved n the brain.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Come on Jern, Fabregas is extremely good for his age but that doesn't automatically mean he will be better then Alonso. It all depends how the player matures over the years and how he further develops his game, ATM Fabregas seems to have a bright future ahead of him. Maybe Alonso wasn't a good player at the age of 17, so what does that mean? It means Alonso is very good player at his age now.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts