Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your views on comparisons with these two, and who do your prefer???? as a better striker

Opinions????

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I guess it all depends on who you mean by "Ronney"?

If you mean:

(1) Ronaldinho (Ronnie, Dinho)... then the answer is simple; Ronaldinho is the best player in the world! And maybe even the best the world has ever seen. Therefore, i think Ronaldinho is better!

(2) Ronaldo (Ronnie, Fat Ron)... then i think Ronaldo, even with him not being as great as he once was, still is a fantastic player and much better then an 'emerging' Eto'o!

(3) Rooney - then i think Rooney, as he has HUGE potential and could soon be the best player in the world!

(4) Cristiano Ronaldo - (same as Rooney!)

So i guess it doesnt depend on who u meant by "Ronney" ...they are all better then Eto'o! However, dont get me wrong, Eto'o is a great player, its just too bad that he was paired against "Ronney" ...whoever that may be! ;)

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
A better and more direct comparison would be Roony vs Bojinov. But I'm pretty tired of these versus threads so I'm not going to start wrecking my brains out for this one..

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
vedz said:
I guess it all depends on who you mean by "Ronney"?

If you mean:

(1) Ronaldinho (Ronnie, Dinho)... then the answer is simple; Ronaldinho is the best player in the world! And maybe even the best the world has ever seen. Therefore, i think Ronaldinho is better!

(2) Ronaldo (Ronnie, Fat Ron)... then i think Ronaldo, even with him not being as great as he once was, still is a fantastic player and much better then an 'emerging' Eto'o!

(3) Rooney - then i think Rooney, as he has HUGE potential and could soon be the best player in the world!

(4) Cristiano Ronaldo - (same as Rooney!)

So i guess it doesnt depend on who u meant by "Ronney" ...they are all better then Eto'o! However, dont get me wrong, Eto'o is a great player, its just too bad that he was paired against "Ronney" ...whoever that may be! ;)
All of the players you name are first team players, but none of them have scored more (or equal for that matter) goals then Eto'o's 10 goals in the competition.

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
How is Rooney better than Eto'O? whas has he done to warrant that? dont tell me his more talented then Samuel...

I prefer Eto'O for obvious reasons.Rooney is a great talent,but its getting silly.The only thing he has over Eto'O is 4 yours time of accheiving more,because he started early and established himself earlier then most do.Even if Eto'O was a wizz kid too.Lets just see what Rooney can do in the EPL,we havent seen nothing of him yet.To say he is better then Eto'O...

·
Registered
67,995 Posts
i think Wayne is a very talented player, but Eto'o has proven himself with Mallorca and is on pace to score around 35 with Barca this season.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Rooney's just breaking through but the talent is there for all to see.Unfair to compare the two not only because of the contrasting style of play but also because wayne needs some experience before he can be judged upon.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Dmitriy said:
i think Wayne is a very talented player, but Eto'o has proven himself with Mallorca and is on pace to score around 35 with Barca this season.
i agree

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
They can't really be compared because one is a youngster and the other is an established star, so right now Etoo, Rooney might become better than him or he might not.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
The only way to compare the two is on pure goals, and that's anything but the right way to look at it.

Should you, though, you'll find that Eto'o romps when it comes to league goals, but Rooney leads in Champions League goals on the strength of his debut hat trick.

But like I said, it's silly to only look at that because there are many, many other factors when determining who is better. I, personally, find it impossible. It'd be like Shearer being compared with Asprilla. It just doesn't work.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Both are different players.

But personally I'd choose Eto'o. His technical skill and ball control is effective at its best. This is what I consider most important in goal scoring technique. And great commanding skill too, he was great leader in Mallorca.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Are all soccer fans this dumb. Do they have to be the same height, same weight, same color, same style to be compared. They are both strikers ffs. Their roles are the same. They are both supposed to score goals. It doesn't matter if one uses his ass only to score goals or if the other uses his left foot only. Who does his job better and how much does he contribute to overall team play.

Rooney isn't even close to Eto'o. Infact this is a complete insult to Eto'o to get compared to a rookie. What has Rooney done.
3 goals in euro against mighty Switzerland, and Crotia. Couldn't even get close against France, a decent team
A hattrick against a poor Turkish team. A tap in against Arsenal. 2 goals against the best defensive team in epl Newcastle. Complete humiliation against Spain in a frendly. And suddenly he is better than Eto'o. No wonder people hate English teams, English fans, and English media. Please stop overhyping your players. They never fail to get exposed. Now Becks is a complete embarassment to the English game. Your captain is dragging madrid down. they haven't won a single trophy since he joined. They haven't put in a decent performance with him playing. They looked good when he was nursing his broken ribs. Its' all because of this hype.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I totally agree, my opinion was with a preference to Eto'o and i meant rooney, not ronney!! my bad. Eto'o has proved it goal wise with a mediocre club lke mallorca and now he is where he belongs, with a great club like barcelona

1 - 20 of 46 Posts