Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it´s widly reported in swedish media that ronaldo has singned a one year extension to his contract and taking a pay rise but this is not confirmed by the inter web site

does anyone know what´s the real dela with this story I mean there are articels saying R9 would be willing to consider offers from other clubs (Real) if Inter won´t give him a higher wage and there are other reports saying that real no longer has any plans on signing him

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
MILAN, July 2 (AFP) - Brazil's World Cup hero Ronaldo won't be given a bumper new contract by his Italian side Inter Milan, the club revealed on Tuesday. :)

Press reports in Italy had suggested this year's Golden Boot winner would have his current four-year contract extended by a year to 2007, with a wage-hike to 11 million euros (10.79 million dollars) a year.

However Inter insist there will be no extended deal for the star who scored two of his eight tournament goals in last Sunday's 2-0 final win over Germany.

"Inter haven't received any request on the part of Ronaldo in this case," a press officer for the club told AFP Tuesday.

Ciao,
Tommi

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter deny Ronaldo contract row Tuesday 2 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have slammed claims that Ronaldo is considering a move to Real Madrid.

The World Cup hero was quoted as offering himself to the Spaniards in newspaper ‘AS’ this morning as there are increasing rumours of problems between player and club.

“The club wishes to point out that it is not negotiating or considering a renewal of Ronaldo’s contract,” said a statement on the official Inter website, “as the current deal expires in 2006.”

It was reported that Ronaldo had demanded a hefty wage rise after returning to full fitness. His agent was also heard on several different radio stations admitting his position at the club was far from certain.

However, the Inter website again assured, “the club has not received requests, pressure or invitations to discuss Ronaldo’s contract. The stories circulating this week are baseless.”

It was suggested that Il Fenomeno wanted a wage deal that would match that of teammates Christian Vieri and Alvaro Recoba.

Ronaldo currently earns £3.3m per season compared to Recoba’s £6m, but including sponsorship deals the Brazilian rakes in more money.

The Nerazzurri also confirmed that the Uruguayan international would not be sold to Atletico Madrid.

channel4

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Its seem pretty basic here.

Ronaldo was the men of the hour for Brazil and World Cup. He seems to want more from Inter Milan and as you know, he wasn't in the best of shape with us this season.

Someone is trying to lure him to Real Madrid, but i doubt he would go.

He is trying to ask for more money than he is getting just because of his 'valubles'

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
If that Ronaldo keep asking for higher wages I say sell him !!!!

WTF we paid for his wages when he was injured & didn't play a single minute and now he wants a pay raise just because his WC form is good??

The hell !!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
MARTINS (ONE OF RONALDO'S AGENTS): "RONALDO WILL RETURN TO ITALY TO WIN THE SCUDETTO WITH INTER, WORKING WITH HAPPINESS."
Wednesday, 03 July 2002 20:13:39
MILAN - (ANSA) - No worries for Inter fans - In a telephone call from Turkey where he is negotiating the sale of Felipe to Galatasaray, one of Ronaldo 's agents Alexandre Martins guaranteed that the Phenomenon will soon be back at work with the nerazzurri, saying that Ronaldo "will return to Italy to win the scudetto with Inter."

Martins' words effectively disprove any theory that Ronaldo showed ingratitude toward Massimo Moratti and of presumed economic battles over the terms of the player's contract with Inter.

Back on top of the football world, World Cup winner Ronaldo hadn't said a word of thanks to Inter and president Moratti. The stand taken by the Brazilian, who had thanked many people, led to arguments and suppositions.

Rumours were spread of a possible move for the nerazzurro ace (Real Madrid), while Massimo Moratti intends to keep tight hold of him.

It seems as if the situation is calm, because the Inter number one and Ronaldo spoke on the telephone two hours after the World Cup final. There were compliments, greetings, emotion, with great affection as usual, and there wasn't even any mention of the future, the contract or money. Nothing. Martins' voice could be heard in the distance, but his words were clear and unequivocal - there is no meeting foreseen between the representatives of Ronaldo and Inter to discuss the terms of the contract.

"I've known Ronaldo since I was 13, I saw him grow up, and in the last three years I've seen him work day and night to recover, to return to being the best and not only," said Martins.

"In this long period of recovery," added Ronie's agent, "he has even neglected his family and now that he has achieved his objective and he has won the World Cup, he just needs a little calm and rest. He needs to spend a little time with his family. Then he will return to Italy and he will return to win the scudetto with Inter, working with happiness."

inter.it :cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ron reaffirms Inter love Wednesday 3 July, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo has swept away reports of his ruptured relationship with Inter by calling the club from Brazil.

Il Fenomeno has stayed silent during the last few days despite growing reports that he was ready to request a transfer to Real Madrid.

¡§I arrived in Brazil and my luggage went missing,¡¨ the striker told Inter President Massimo Moratti.

¡§I had all my phone numbers in there and was effectively unreachable for a few days.¡¨

¡§I started calling around this morning and discovered all this controversy around my post-match comments.¡¨

Nerazzurri fans were hurt that when asked about his future after winning the World Cup, Ronaldo only mentioned the 2004 Olympics.

¡§That was my answer because the question specifically asked about my future plans with Brazil,¡¨ he explained.

¡§The interviewer was talking about the international scene and did not mention Inter.¡¨

¡§Now I will go on holiday,¡¨ he concluded, ¡§but I am overjoyed to come back soon and start a great season with the Nerazzurri.¡¨

channel4 ;)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
You know that, that theif Ronaldo gets paid from his brazilian muther fookers money under the table to perform better. Brazil is a imperialist fools....

Ronaldo is not a player but a piggy bank! The only difference is that when someone breaks the F*ck out of him (or injures him) he goes running to his auditors (brazil) begging for money.

I want him out!
We can use some other players, instead of him sitting on the bench all of the time!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ronaldo rallies at the press Friday 5 July, 2002

Ronaldo has blamed the press for his recent row with Inter fans and again outlined his commitment to the club.

This week Nerazzurri supporters turned on their hero when he failed to publicly thank ?or even mention ?the club side after winning the World Cup with Brazil.

“For the umpteenth time the press is trying to portray me in a negative light and invent lies about me,?he told his official website. “Now I have to rest with my family, but away from people who do not even deserve professional respect.?

“My worries in the last fifty days have been centred only on the World Cup. This is why I had no need to discuss anything else during that time. I shall do at the right moment.?

Il Fenomeno did not comment on reports that his agent had publicly demanded a wage rise after four years on the sidelines with various injury problems.

Inter have also denied that there were any issues causing a rift between the player and his club, despite reports that Ronaldo was headed for Real Madrid in a record-breaking ?0m move.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ronaldo pledges Inter loyalty Saturday 6 July, 2002

Ronaldo continues his charm offensive to win back Nerazzurri fans by publicly rejecting Real Madrid’s advances.

“Real Madrid are a great team,” he told Spanish newspaper ‘Marca’, “one of the most important in the world, but they have their squad and I have mine: Inter.”

The comments come just days after another Spanish paper, ‘AS’, printed an interview in which Il Fenomeno called for the Madrid side to call him if they really were prepared to make a £50m bid.

Those statements, and his post-match interview following the World Cup win, left Inter fans bitterly disappointed with their hero.

“Real Madrid have not contacted me or my agents,” continued the Brazilian. “I don’t know if they spoke with Inter, you’d have to ask President Massimo Moratti that.”

“Everything is sorted out with Moratti, because nothing truly bad actually happened. A long time ago he put his faith in me and for that I owe him all the loyalty in the world.”

The San Siro side nursed Ronaldo back to health during four years of injuries and refused to tear up his contract, even though a clause would have allowed them to do so.

Ronaldo concluded by revealing the strain that followed his remarkable comeback in the 2002 World Cup.

“I practically can’t leave the house as after the tournament in Japan and Korea I have become the centre of attention for the world’s press.”

“On August 5 I will return to my team, Inter, but I’ll have a short holiday first. I had intended to visit Hawaii,” he added, “but because the news leaked out I will have to cancel that destination.”

channel4 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts