Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This rumor's been going on for few days now. Apparently the source was Totti's comment, after Ronaldo wished him speed recovery from his injury he responded "if Ronaldo knows what's best for him.. He should come to Roma".

Few days later Ronaldo publicly declared that he's looking for new challenge.

Everybody- including myself- thought Totti's comment was nothing more than a joke that was blown out of proportion..

Then again ,Totti on his weekly column in La gazzetta responded to one of the readers questions about Ronaldo: " Regarding next season mercato.. I mentioned three or four names to the management.. i want Ronaldo if he got tired of Madrid"

ilRomanista responded with this:

I still think it's nothing more than media bulls**t. I agree with il Romanista Ronaldo can enjoy his company with fat-ass-ano at McDonald's.. we dont need him here.

But does that mean anything? Are we rich now? I mean Ronaldo after all won't come cheap.. to be linked with him must mean something at least..

so what do u think?

·
Professional Pirate
7,086 Posts
ronaldo is to big...no i dont mean fat i mean his value is to high. although he hasnt been great of recent years i would take him. its up to rosella and the crew to decide really if they want to fork out enuff money for a 29 year old?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
totti_the_king said:
i think it is difficult for ronaldo to come to roma.
happy meal & toy might be the trick to lure El-Fat

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
The MacDonalds humour is a big joke in itself. The man has been chubby for ages, but it doesn't prevent him from scoring. He's a rifle, a cannon, a goalscorer. He scored 31 goals in 03/04, 24 goals in 04/05, so far only 10 goals this season though. It's obvious that he's not content at the moment, he even said so. A fresh Ronaldo under the guidance of Spalletti could easily be a sick success in my honest opinion. It's a big name that would attract other big names to our club. To put it this way, Vucinic' price tag is €12m (outrageous indeed). What if we could sign Ronaldo for the same amount...

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Extremely unlikely IMO...Ronaldo is still a superstar. And I have high doubts he will succeed in Spaletti's formation which demands lots and lots of work from the strikers. But who knows, Spaletti made Monty work hard in defence, so maybe he'll do the trick with Ronaldo too.

Maybe if he fails in the WC and his price drops big time, we can get him.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
we can't afford his wages, not even to mention his transferfee.

but step by step, especially if we reach champions league, chances will improve again to get linked to top-players.
and also roma will be become more attractive for top-players again.

we're on the rise boys, but ronaldo will stay a rumour and nothing but.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Theres a rumour that the new president of Real Madrid will have a big spring clean at the end of this season: Beckham, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Guti, Raul Bravo and Cassano will all be offloaded.

Maybe they want to win cups instead of just sell jerseys

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Out of those players mentioned, Raul is the only one I'd welcome at Roma.
Ronaldo is a big no-no in my opinion, because of his work rate of course, and not to mention his attitude. I've been praising our team effort that made our success possible, and I doubt he'd fit in.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Ronaldo would be the worst thing for your club, your club has come together and Ronaldo life outside the pitch would become a distruptive force, if it could happen to Real Madrid what would it do to Roma?

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,169 Posts
As you said before, Ronaldo isn't a team player and he never will be one.I don't think he would fit into Roma. I think Roma should concetrate more on bringing a fresh young striker who could learn from totti&Co. Maybe Maxi from barca or tavano, vucinic, oliveira ( real betis) ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts