Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and what was bashed by an, erm, expert:

Ronaldo considers loan

Ronaldo has undergone new tests in on his operated knee and his rehabilitation looks to be going according to plan.

The Brazilian star told La Gazzetta dello Sport: “Doctor Saillant grabbed my knee and turned and pulled it and did a little bit of everything and I never felt pain. We are both very satisfied.”

Inter star Ronaldo is considering making a comeback some time early next year but doesn’t want to be rushed.

“To return in February is possible but I cannot say exactly when. I want to be back to my best when I return and I am optimistic.

“I am really glad that Christian Vieri stayed – both of us want to win big things for Inter. Being able to link up with him when I return is a great spur for me.”

The Inter striker seems keen to go on loan to Brazilian club Flamengo as part of his return to the top flight.

Ronaldo added: “In Italy the game is very tough and defenders are not afraid of getting physical. I am not saying I have to be loaned out to a Brazilian club but the game is much less physical there.

“I have dreamed of playing for Flamengo and I am sure it will happen one day. Right now I am an Inter player so it is up till the club. A loan spell would allow me to return to Italy in top condition and should be seen as a strategy to help improve my recovery.”

So we have a case Ronaldo's wish against Inter's wish. because:

There is no chance of Ronaldo going to Flamengo that is for sure," an Inter spokesman said.

"Ronaldo wants a light comeback and he agrees with our ideas. A loan move would be the opposite of a light comeback. We want to look after Ronaldo and allow him to return without pressure and in his own time."

Ronaldo underwent an operation in April after his latest injury setback when he ruptured a knee ligament barely seven minutes after coming on as a substitute in the Italian Cup final against Lazio.

The game was Ronaldo's first for more than five months and the former Barcelona striker is not expected to be fit again until February.

In the Gazzetta interview Ronaldo said the loan idea was "something to be looked into".

"The problem exists and we must deal with it. If I make my return in Italy where the tension is high, I am sure that after the first applause, the first seconds, Ronaldo will be (treated) like all the others. The game is hard in Italy. They will challenge hard, without holding back."

Ronaldo has previously said he hoped at some stage in his career to play for Flamengo, the team he supported as boy, but stressed he was not looking for a permanent switch to the club.

"I have always said that I would like to play for Flamengo and sooner or later it will happen but the question of a loan is another matter.

"We have to think about me coming back to Inter much better and prepared to swiftly achieve great things. It would serve my future at Inter."

[Edited by Alexx on 24-07-2000 at 16:51]

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ronaldo doesn't need a loan to flamengo to get ready for serie a. he can get ready by playing inter scrimmage games and then play a 20 or 30 minutes against weak serie a teams. last time, inter brought ronaldo back in the final of the coppa italia against the best team in europe. that was stupid. he didn't play for five months, and inter made him come back against one of the best teams in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts