Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is better overall at their top and currently?
i'm madridista, but i don't particularly like either ronaldo or shevchenko.
anyway, at their top i find ronaldo in barca better.
currently, they are similar to each other.

by the way, do you find a full ranged footballer (e.g. sheva) with several skills such as passing, centraling and better cooperation better than a singled skilled footballer only with better quality in shooting (e.g. ronaldo)?
sheva no doubt can do much more in other aspects, but is he better than ronaldo?

and pele should not deserve so much?
his success was just because his opponents his generation didn't stress on defense?
comparing with pele and all the other brazilian forwards, is ronaldo best?
in my view, ronaldo deserves it.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Currently Sheva, before injury Ronaldo (not by much).
Overall thogh Sheva is a more "complete" player.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Overall Il Fenomeno edges Sheva (who I have great respect for).
When Il Fenomeno is on target he is the best player on earth just ask Barthez. One main reason why I would take Ronaldo over Sheva is because RONALDO always delivers DAGOODS.

D

·
0 Posts
Sheva is better now when both are on form, he's also a more complete player than Ronaldo. Before his injury Ronaldo was at his best, and he was better than Sheva.

Sheva is the second best striker in the world at the moment, Henry is the best.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Maldini03 said:
When Il Fenomeno is on target he is the best player on earth just ask Barthez. One main reason why I would take Ronaldo over Sheva is because RONALDO always delivers DAGOODS.
Ofcourse Dagoods has arrived at this thread. But ok, let's say I go to Barthez.

Prince-O: Hi Barthez
Barthez: Hi Prince-O
P: Do you remember how Ronaldo was on target Barthez?
B: YEAH, He was on fire!
P: What match do you think is most memorable?
B: He kept banging them in during the WC '98 final.

P&B: :howler:

Something like that?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Maldini03 said:
You could be well right, but nowdays I wouldn't swap them, also if I may, Sheva scores also with headers

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like both of them. Sheva is an extraordinary player, but Ronaldo is a legend. Sheva always gives 100% of himself to his club on the pitch. Ronaldo doesn`t do that very often, but when it`s needed the most, he delivers. Ronaldo can change the course of the match with just one touch. Sheva on the other hand needs some 3-5 chances to score couple of goals. Like we saw in the Roma clash. Like somebody said Ronaldo usualyy plays with 10-20% of his powers, when he gets the ball it reaches some 50-60% and when he is in the mood he plays with maximum 80% of his true powers. Imagine if he hadn`t had his injury, we could have something in Real Madrid, that nobody has never seen before and will never see in the future. Shevchenko and Henry are good and they will be awarded, but R9 has the upper hand. He is a legend and will be remembered for a very long time.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Before Ronaldo got injured he was the best by far, but since than he aint. IMO now Shevchenko is much better than Ronaldo. He has the finishing of Ronaldo, if not better(he is great at heading while ronnie sucks), and of course the all round play that ronaldo can only dream of.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
first, Barthez is wack......hes like fools gold......you think hes a good goalie till you really look at him.....anyway, id rather have Shev on my team seeing how he works harder on the field.....but Ronaldo is amazing as well

·
Registered
62 Posts
nitsujamor said:
first, Barthez is wack......hes like fools gold......you think hes a good goalie till you really look at him.....anyway, id rather have Shev on my team seeing how he works harder on the field.....but Ronaldo is amazing as well
Yeah, but what about Kahn? Ronaldo also pooped at him too. And it was in the final of the World Cup. Sheva will never ever reach the World Cup finals. Neither the European Championships.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Robinho said:
if he hadn`t had his injury, we could have something in Real Madrid, that nobody has never seen before and will never see in the future.
Sorry to disagree Marco Van Basten is "something" that will never be seen in the future.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Robinho said:
Yeah, but what about Kahn? Ronaldo also pooped at him too. And it was in the final of the World Cup. Sheva will never ever reach the World Cup finals. Neither the European Championships.
what about Kahn ?...i didnt mean to say what Ronaldo did at OT was bad....im just saying i dont think Barthez is good....im not taking anything away from Ronaldo.....and Ronaldo plays for Brazil , Shev doesnt.....its a lot harder to make the Euro and WC finals with his team......thats pretty obvious , i dunno why u brought that up...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Robinho said:
First of all, I think that Sheva has pretty much scored against everbody during his career that expanded from Dynamo Kiev. Most of those goals were created by himself and for Ukraine he is their heart IMO;) Somehow he manages to score all the time for Ukraine against these giants of football:eek: Unfortunately for him he never had the privilege of playing for a world class national side:rolleyes: , but Robinho why did u bring that up? Do u think that if Ronaldo was at Ukraine instead of Sheva that they would win the World Cup:howler:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Sorry to disagree Marco Van Basten is "something" that will never be seen in the future.
Yeah that Van Basten was really something else...definitly one of the all-time best strikers and to some SAPS he was indeed the best striker ever!!!

Oh yes he was truly remarkable too bad he retired at age 28...but wait just a minute...At age 27 Il Fenomeno has 100 more goals than MVB, (Keep in mind Il Fenomeno was out of his STAGE for nearly 3 years) and just for the record...how many goals did MVB scored in the world cup? 14 World Cup goals? Oh no that's Gerd Muller, was it 13 ? NOPE! that was Just Fontaine??? 12 ?? NOT a chance Only Pele and RONALDO (who? what? RONALDO!!!) have as many as 12 WC goals...

so how many WC goals did MVB scored??? 3, 2, 1 ??? ZERO, ZIP, NADA, 0,

MVB WC performances equals A CURRENT AC MILAN PRODIGY AND STAR MVB WC PERFOMANCES = KAKA...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Maldini03 said:
Yeah that Van Basten was really something else...definitly one of the all-time best strikers and to some SAPS he was indeed the best striker ever!!!

Oh yes he was truly remarkable too bad he retired at age 28...but wait just a minute...At age 27 Il Fenomeno has 100 more goals than MVB, (Keep in mind Il Fenomeno was out of his STAGE for nearly 3 years) and just for the record...how many goals did MVB scored in the world cup? 14 World Cup goals? Oh no that's Gerd Muller, was it 13 ? NOPE! that was Just Fontaine??? 12 ?? NOT a chance Only Pele and RONALDO (who? what? RONALDO!!!) have as many as 12 WC goals...

so how many WC goals did MVB scored??? 3, 2, 1 ??? ZERO, ZIP, NADA, 0,

MVB WC performances equals A CURRENT AC MILAN PRODIGY AND STAR MVB WC PERFOMANCES = KAKA...
Maldini03, believe me, it's a debate that in Italy has been done before. Bergomi (Inter), and all major defenders and trainers "said" Marco Van Basten. Anyway I'll open a thread soon on him in the Milan forum. Let's not "fight" thogh:)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,488 Posts
Maldini03, believe me, it's a debate that in Italy has been done before. Bergomi (Inter), and all major defenders and trainers "said" Marco Van Basten. Anyway I'll open a thread soon on him in the Milan forum. Let's not "fight" thogh
I admire MVB!!! I truly do! but he was not in the class as IL FENOMENO RONALDO, the same R9 who took the PERDENTIS to the very top of the UEFA CUP Mountain!!! 25 goals in his first year (A record by any rookie foreigner)...Il Fenomeno has the best goal ratio in Serie A history!!! and has scored 100+ more goals than MVB in his career!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Here I come with the holly truth and precise analysis:
:D
Ronaldo is a better player, he made goals Sheva only can dream, he is awesome, if he never get injured he would be unstopabble...well not that now is easy to stop, no? Ronaldo has flauvor, a lot of class and tricks that Sheva would have to untie his leg any time he try to...BUT Sheva is excellent, more intelligent, a lot of class too and ball dominion, and 110% all the time (compare him with lousy Crespo yuck:); but again Ronaldo has magic, a belly full of beer, a lot of handicap and tons of goals and pleasure to the eyes, believe me I'm argie and in the clasico when Ronie has the ball I began to tremble...specially in that F***** THREE MEN DEFENSE OF INSANE IDIOT BIELSA!!!!, sorry I can't keep to myself. As for Van Basten I prefer the humble and underrated Kempes all the way, matter of taste, and I don't deny his class, in fact I love Gullit (Kempes bastard son, Ronie also has that bull mix with skill Kempes had).

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
To me, Ronaldo. Although, last 2 weeks I would chose Shevchenko. Anyway, both are great, it's really difficult to chose one.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
...BOTH!!! :greed:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts