Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a goal by Ronaldo against the Turks....
Ronnie is always able to find that small space and do something real damaging. He almost scored the rebound earlier on...but kept off by that good Turkish keeper.

With Big Lucio hanging there in the box, on the final match, Klose will not find it easy to score (usually with his head), therefore Ronaldo should be able to get one or more goals in the final to win Top Scorer.

Rivaldo's long shots should not be able to bother the on-form Kahn. It leaves Ronnie on top of the list.

Only Ballack is the closest on 3 goals...but he is not playing. Ronaldinho on 2, not anywhere in the running....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thank god Ronaldo score because other then that he did't do anything all game and he was so slow today.... hardly ran after the ball

·
Registered
115 Posts
The lad is genius. He may be unfit and cannot last 90 mins, he may be overweight, but in term of technique he is probably second to fellow Brazilian Rivaldo, but in term of scoring he is still the world no. 1.

And Rcube, it is unfair to say Ronaldo did nothing tonight, indeed, he have send up his teammates beautiful three times (Cafu, Edison and Kleberson) and shown that he is more than scoring goals and indeed a great team player.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If he score a hat-trick in the Final, he would tie "Der Bomber" Muller's all time total WC scoring record of 14 goals...Go Ronaldo Go!:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
i hope ronaldo wins it because of all that he has been through...he deserves it more than anyone!!...go brasil!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ronaldo wont find it easy

About that goal Ronaldo scored against Turkey - It was a great goal and Ronaldo did well to beat four defenders and place the ball accurately to Rustu's left , BUT -

None of the four defenders for Turkey even attempted to tackle him - They were just running after him or trying to stand in his way. The Germans will not make the same mistake. If it had been any other country, the coach would have given strict orders to his defenders NOT to let Ronaldo run with the ball. They should have tackled or at least brought him down well before he got into the penalty area even if that meant getting a yellow card and concedeing a free kick.Senol Gunes tactics are very questionable - Several of his decisions were ridiculous -

1. Starting with Sukur
2. Taking off Yildiray Basturk

Strikers have always found it tough to score in the finals. And Ronaldo is sure to be heavily marked. I will put my money on Cafu, Carlos or Ronaldinho to score rather than Rivaldo or Ronaldo.

I am sure Klose will be marked by either Lucio or Roque so he will find it difficult too.Watch out for Neuville or Frings who often make penetrating runs down the right.Frings had a golden chance against Paraguay but he hit it over the cross bar.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
juve 4ever said:
i hope ronaldo wins it because of all that he has been through...he deserves it more than anyone!!...go brasil!
You DONT deserve goals....You earn them !!!!!!

Go Klose Go !!!!! ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Marco Golo said:
If he score a hat-trick in the Final, he would tie "Der Bomber" Muller's all time total WC scoring record of 14 goals.
Oooops...my mistake, Ronaldo "only" score 10 total WC goals so far, but if he score a hat-trick in the Final, he would break Pele's record of Brazilian total WC goals.

·
Registered
470 Posts
colocolo said:

You DONT deserve goals....You earn them !!!!!!

Go Klose Go !!!!! ;)
...such as "Saudi free-lunch hat-trick"? ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hope someone tells Ronaldo to remove that pussi he has on his head. It looks awful!
He can't help looking funny with those teeth but the hair??!!!

Great to see him back for real! :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ya call that H A I R ?

The finals will be exciting but what everybody will be trying to figure out is that "entity" growing on Ronaldo's head.

Either he has gone bananas or the barbers in Korea/Japan are extremely incompetent.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
oh i almost forgot

With that new creature on his head, Ronaldo is now easily the ugliest player left in the world cup.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final Germany 0 Brazil 2
9 RONALDO (67')
9 RONALDO (79')

Great Vision and accuracy from Ronnie.
Khan had some important saves too.

Congrates Ronaldo for the Golden boot for 8 goals.

He fully deserves it. After such a long sick time nursing his knee,came back, injured again. At this moment of time, he is still the best striker in the world. Many years to come.

·
Registered
461 Posts
8 goals is a lot to score in 1 world cup...he played so well considering all he has been through...now comes germany '06

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Marco Golo said:

Oooops...my mistake, Ronaldo "only" score 10 total WC goals so far, but if he score a hat-trick in the Final, he would break Pele's record of Brazilian total WC goals.
Huh ??? I thought Pele only scored 12....sorry if im wrong

·
Registered
470 Posts
Marco Golo said:
...if he score a hat-trick in the Final, he would break Pele's record of Brazilian total WC goals.
One goal short, but he still make history by tying Pele's record. Also the best goal scoring record since Lato in 1974. :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
And since he is only 25, I think he will play in another 2 World Cup Finals at the very least. Pele's record looks like a foregone thing now. To be able to see Ronaldo mentioned in the same breathe as the great Pele and to see him score is a joy.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ronaldo I want to thank you for scoring those two goals a few blocks from my house were beautiful :howler: Brazilian girls dancing samba. ;) :cool: :) What can you say about this kid? Clearly the comeback player of the WC. He over came so much adversity with major knee surgeries and performed brilliantly in the worlds biggest stage. Congratulations to Ronaldo....what is scary is that he is only 25 yrs old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts