Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eekani:

Press reports in Spain have linked Liverpool with a shock summer swoop for Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo and Benitez is weighing up a possible summer bid

:eekani:

·
Registered
353 Posts
sounds nice but he wouldnt settle in the north of england and would just be another merc with no love for the club

Brazilians, especially big name ones at Liverpool is a bad idea as they would always be dreaming of the med.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nah, just isn't going to happen. Don't think many fans would really want him or that he would want to live anywhere in england apart from london.

·
Registered
996 Posts
This would be amazing if it happend. Ronaldo would be the missng piece in the puzzle. I don't necessarily see it happening but it would be great.

-Scott

·
Registered
467 Posts
No chance, he's already on his way to Tottenham. Don't you know he was a lifelong fan of Spurs since he was a kid. ;)

Anyway apart from the million reasons this isn't going to happen, he also doesn't really fit with Benitez's strategy and management style.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
this year it would be great, since we don't have a half decent player to play upfront. Next season? I hope we get something better than a overweight primadonna who lives for personal glory and fat paycheck only. Rafa's idea is to build a team and not to sell shirts, I hope.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
liverpool need a younger striker ,we have enough old ones .

·
Registered
747 Posts
I hope this is true, we need a good striker regardless of its wage demands because we will win enough competitions to pay for his wages, we have quite enough youngsters in my opinion esp. FSP...time to reel him (Ronaldo) in :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I just wish that you will look at Ronaldo's performance in Madrid. He puts himself above the club, and you can jolly well forget about him trying to fight for the ball or anything close. The ball either gets to him, or he won't bother scoring.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I don't want this fat striker ,his work ethic judging by the size of his arse is nil and is not a benitez type of player at all ,you have to work hard for a start.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
i dont want him either, if he can't get motivated at real with a high salary and where perez treats him very well, will he perform under benitez who is a strict demanding coach. i ithink it's bull, there are too many clubs in for him, it's not our style to go into bidding wars.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
liver bird said:
I don't want this fat striker ,his work ethic judging by the size of his arse is nil and is not a benitez type of player at all ,you have to work hard for a start.

:veiled:

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I don't think he will go to the Liverpool because honestly, I think he will look at it as a move in the wrong direction. And after his two major injuries, he won't last long in the Premier League. I think he will go to Italy.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Anastacio said:
I don't think he will go to the Liverpool because honestly, I think he will look at it as a move in the wrong direction. And after his two major injuries, he won't last long in the Premier League. I think he will go to Italy.
Italy will be even tougher for him from that point of view though :D

Actually there's another 'Galactico' I wouldn't mind signing eventhough I dislike the man a lot. :D

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jus sign him...atleast he can score around 10 goals per season... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It would be a great signing, in terms of publicity. It would carry weightage to our profile and image across Europe, that a former 3-time World Player of the Year is willing to play for our club at his (supposed) peak. And like acmilan2005 said, at least he would score 10 goals. :p

However, in terms of playability, his current physical condition and mental drive might not suit Rafa's team ethics and the EPL's style of play, unless he shapes up to his old Inter days where he was majestic at times.

Either way, even if we can afford him (I wouldn't know how honestly :D ) it would still be too much for us to spend on a player who might not have much left to play for except his wallet. I'd rather us spend that money on other players that would raise the standard of our play collectively.

But it'd still be a great buzz tho...:D

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
He's been Real's top scorer every year he's been there hasnt he? This WC he'll turn it on again, i'd take him in a flash, not for a huge sum though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Raanan said:
Italy will be even tougher for him from that point of view though :D

Actually there's another 'Galactico' I wouldn't mind signing eventhough I dislike the man a lot. :D
Who was the other?...was it Figo? :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts